South Florida Dark horses for 2019???

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I know we are in Only May and a lot of transfers and etc can happen from now until August. But right now we are in a football topic drought lol so I wanted to keep some topics flowing.

now we all know about the south Florida football powers in south Florida such as

Miami central

miami carol city 

Miami northwestern 

Miami southridge 

american heritage

cardinal gibbons 

Columbus

chaminade 

Atlantic 

st Thomas 

I’m not talking about any of these schools but the schools nobody are really talking about right now. The schools that may have been having a few average seasons as of late; but with the right coaching staff at the helm can turn into a contender. 

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class @nolebull813 @954gator @DarterBlue2 @OldSchoolLion What are some schools you will put on the “2019 black horse list”

In South Florida, Dillard and McArthur are dark horses. In Central Florida, I think Spruce Creek is a live dark horse and I would not be surprised if they are a bit like Mandarin was last year (I am not picking them to win state at this stage, but I liked what I saw in the spring jamboree). I also think Mainland is going to have their best season since Houston graduated, but they don't qualify for dark horse status. 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

The only dark horse from South Florida would be the one who loaded up big time with transfers. If not then it’s the same teams. 

Sorry Dillard Fan. If Dillard can’t get some studs to come then 2nd round exits are the best case scenario 

I Slightly disagree with you because Dillard Has some Serious Ballers now on offense and defense when was the last time you looked at their roster? Their Qb depth goes four deep. Their Rb depth goes 3 Deep. our OL & DL is Str8 Dogs!! 

Also The way the District Has been Realigned Dillard can very Well Make it To The Third Round. And Even Then Once/if we Meet Up With Miami Central I Strongly Believe We Have the horses to play with central As Last Year Proved. So is dillard a state contender ?? I wouldn’t say that but a DARK HORSE!? I believe we are.

54 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In South Florida, Dillard and McArthur are dark horses. In Central Florida, I think Spruce Creek is a live dark horse and I would not be surprised if they are a bit like Mandarin was last year (I am not picking them to win state at this stage, but I liked what I saw in the spring jamboree). I also think Mainland is going to have their best season since Houston graduated, but they don't qualify for dark horse status. 

54 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Do you know what mcarthur suppose to bring back this year ? And as for my Panthers after a surprising 8-2 year last year and a toe to toe game with national ranked MC in the first round and a Dominant 58-7 win in spring 3 weeks ago I Strongly Believe Dillard Will Be a Dark Horse & Will Shock some People.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Do you know what mcarthur suppose to bring back this year ? And as for my Panthers after a surprising 8-2 year last year and a toe to toe game with national ranked MC in the first round and a Dominant 58-7 win in spring 3 weeks ago I Strongly Believe Dillard Will Be a Dark Horse & Will Shock some People.

No, but I had a discussion with someone that saw them in the Spring and that person was impressed with them. I generally trust that person''s judgment and he ranks them at about the Western level. I excluded Western since they have had back to back decent years. 

As for Dillard they had a very good season last year and the most impressive game was probably the loss to Miami Central. Based on the results of your spring game, it looks like you are going to build on last year's improvement. 

21 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

No, but I had a discussion with someone that saw them in the Spring and that person was impressed with them. I generally trust that person''s judgment and he ranks them at about the Western level. I excluded Western since they have had back to back decent years. 

As for Dillard they had a very good season last year and the most impressive game was probably the loss to Miami Central. Based on the results of your spring game, it looks like you are going to build on last year's improvement. 

Yeah I heard same thing with McArthur as well

Another one I might deem a potential dark horse would be Belen Jesuit

32 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Would Booker T Washington be considered a dark horse now?  If so them lol. 

Come on son!

They may potentially be borderline top 5 in Dade heading into year and is one of most respected programs in SFL

Definitely no on dark horse

Come on gator, I know you can do better :)

2 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

More western they just got a transfer from AHP James Williams.. Big time safety...

Yeah just heard about that

But even though I agree Western should be solid I just don't see them as a dark horse considering their recent success and proven ability to knock off some good teams

13 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

I think you and I have the same "source" down south.:)

I'm also told those boys from Davie may shock all of 8A this coming season.

Not so fast DFB and Columbus<Lee Corso voice>

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

Can’t wait for this season that win at western last year was epic. I think we were the only team to beat them there all last season other then miramar.

41 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Can’t wait for this season that win at western last year was epic. I think we were the only team to beat them there all last season other then miramar.

Yeah man great W.

I'm told your guys and Western are pretty equal again, but the bigtime safety James Williams probably gives them a slight advantage now.

Can't wait either.