Pahokee

Prince Laid

6 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I believe there biggest goal will be to stay healthy this year because how there schedule is set up with no depth their players will be banged up like tomorrow come playoff time

That's been the downfall the last 2 seasons, but last season everything fell apart after the Cocoa game

23 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Right; so as of right now how do you see your guys finishing regular season wise what games do you see as losers wins & toss ups 

Our season will depend on the O-line. We only have 5/6 players at the position and only 2 have played at the varsity level...they struggled against Deerfield, but the game was still in reach...

On 7/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, 561_Fan said:

pOur season will depend on the O-line. We only have 5/6 players at the position and only 2 have played at the varsity level...they struggled against Deerfield, but the game was still in reach...

I was at that spring game watching. Your O line had 3 guys that look like they are 32 year olds, my goodness.... Those boys look the part. By the time they played deerfield they were clearly tired and worn out, also deerfield maybe the best team in the state and is probably 4x the size of school so I wouldn't worry too much. And none of the transfers played that game and yall got some big time guys coming over for seminole ridge and forest Hill. Pahokee has a real tough reg season schedule (I think, saw it a few weeks ago but havent found it since) but even if you go 5-5 or 6-4 you win 1a no problem this year.

7 minutes ago, aknenn said:

I was at that spring game watching. Your O line had 3 guys that look like they are 32 year olds, my goodness.... Those boys look the part. By the time they played deerfield they were clearly tired and worn out, also deerfield maybe the best team in the state and is probably 4x the size of school so I wouldn't worry too much. And none of the transfers played that game and yall got some big time guys coming over for seminole ridge and forest Hill. Pahokee has a real tough reg season schedule (I think, saw it a few weeks ago but havent found it since) but even if you go 5-5 or 6-4 you win 1a no problem this year.

Their schedule is against glades central Raines Seminole ridge trinity Christian Dillard university school dwyer Chaminade clewiston 

I think they def got seminole ridge, clewiston, and gc. I think they got Dwyer this year, I have a feeling Dwyer is gonna be a bit down.  I dont see how they beat chaminade. I have no idea how trinity christian and raines are this year but based on past years and reputation Im gonna say those are likely losses. Dillard and U school Id say are toss ups but Id lean towards losses. That being said Pahokee has some serious talent. I saw them in spring game and they were mixing JV guys in and all their transfers did not play. You could see what was out there was pretty good and fast. THey got a whole rack of really talented transfers that are from Pahokee and moved back to play together. Add those guys in the mix and they may be a very dangerous team. Will be interesting to see what they can do against that brutal schedule. 4-6 and win states? It could happen 

10 minutes ago, aknenn said:

I think they def got seminole ridge, clewiston, and gc. I think they got Dwyer this year, I have a feeling Dwyer is gonna be a bit down.  I dont see how they beat chaminade. I have no idea how trinity christian and raines are this year but based on past years and reputation Im gonna say those are likely losses. Dillard and U school Id say are toss ups but Id lean towards losses. That being said Pahokee has some serious talent. I saw them in spring game and they were mixing JV guys in and all their transfers did not play. You could see what was out there was pretty good and fast. THey got a whole rack of really talented transfers that are from Pahokee and moved back to play together. Add those guys in the mix and they may be a very dangerous team. Will be interesting to see what they can do against that brutal schedule. 4-6 and win states? It could happen 

It really could lol

44 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee is gonna be a different team come fall (transfers and injuries).

and coaching... Pahokee is going to be very good with these transfers coming in. Hopefully they fix special teams, I know that cost them the seminole ridge game, and at least would've kept them in the atlantic game til the end and who knows what couldve happened. The schedule has to be one of the hardest in all of florida and probably the hardest 1a schedule ever. 2 defending state champs (raines and chaminade), 2 state semifinalists (trinity christian, u school), 2 quarter finalists (dwyer, glades central), a really talented dillard team, sem ridge is always solid and then clewiston should be an easy win. Their playoff run should feel like nothing compared to that.... and I think they win state this year 

On 7/3/2019 at 11:01 PM, aknenn said:

FOH you think they beating GC lol

On 7/3/2019 at 11:01 PM, aknenn said:

Clewiston yes

Seminole Ridge yes 

Glades Central no 

Pahokee needs a winning record or at least 4-5  by Muck Bowl to show me anything..... As of now, I don't see it this year... Next year..... Maybe but not this year. 

I wish them the best and hope they make some noise against these top teams 

On 7/1/2019 at 12:09 PM, SFL SPY said:

Home opener week 1 against Uschool.

Thoughts on that game?

Can Pahokee compete with Uschool?

Right now that all depends on University School. If they had the team form last year, I'd say no in a toss up. I hate to say it ,but University School has good coaches and disciplined players so it should be in an interesting encounter!

23 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

Clewiston yes

Seminole Ridge yes 

Glades Central no 

Pahokee needs a winning record or at least 4-5  by Muck Bowl to show me anything..... As of now, I don't see it this year... Next year..... Maybe but not this year. 

I wish them the best and hope they make some noise against these top teams 

What do you see so great at GC that Pahokee can’t win? As of now, Pahokee is deeper and has better Coaching. 

I give Pahokee all the credit in the world for coming up with what may be the toughest schedule in the state this year.   From my experience, having to play really tough games week in and week out takes its toll on even the deepest of teams.   Injuries are part of the game, but when you match up against tough opponents (and, I suspect, in some, if not many of the games, teams that are bigger), players are going to get hurt.  I really have no idea how large of a roster Pahokee has, but because they're a 1A team, I'm guessing they're not particularly deep.  A combination of multiple losses and an accumulation of injuries could easily take its toll on Pahokee and keep them from winning a title despite their abundance of talent. 

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

I give Pahokee all the credit in the world for coming up with what may be the toughest schedule in the state this year.   From my experience, having to play really tough games week in and week out takes its toll on even the deepest of teams.   Injuries are part of the game, but when you match up against tough opponents (and, I suspect, in some, if not many of the games, teams that are bigger), players are going to get hurt.  I really have no idea how large of a roster Pahokee has, but because they're a 1A team, I'm guessing they're not particularly deep.  A combination of multiple losses and an accumulation of injuries could easily take its toll on Pahokee and keep them from winning a title despite their abundance of talent. 

They have depth at all positions except o-line, which is the BIGGEST question mark on the team, maybe LB (inside) is the second question mark. The skill positions are loaded, just have to build confidence in who even ends up winning the starting QB job

16 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

They have depth at all positions except o-line, which is the BIGGEST question mark on the team, maybe LB (inside) is the second question mark. The skill positions are loaded, just have to build confidence in who even ends up winning the starting QB job

Do they have a qb on the roster that can take over a game and read defenses ?