Stadium questions

DisabledAccount

There are a number of unbelievable stadiums here in Georgia, I thought the stadiums at Hoover and Hewitt Trussville HS in Alabama were nice and spacious as well, The stadium  in PA when Manatee played  Woodland Hills in PA I thought gave off the kind of message you get from a dying steel mill town type environment from the stadium...(which was still very nice), to the community around the stadium. In as far as the nicest in Florida that I have actually been to......(while I've also heard nice things about the Niceville HS stadium), for me has to to be Bryant Stadium which is of course the home of the Lakeland Dreadnaughts

5 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Denison Stadium in Winter Haven is shared by by Winter Haven High School and Webber International University.  According to Webber's athletic website, the stadium seats 14000.  

I locked my keys in the car for a Manatee/Winter Haven game in 1979 at Denison stadium, was in a hurry to get to the game because I had arrived late for the start of the game. Didnt realize the keys were in the car until after the game and I got back to the car. A Winter Haven fan help me with getting it unlocked using a clothes hanger......but the place was almost completely dark by then, because lights were starting to be shut down........

4 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

I locked my keys in the car for a Manatee/Winter Haven game in 1979 at Denison stadium, was in a hurry to get to the game because I had arrived late for the start of the game. Didnt realize the keys were in the car until after the game and I got back to the car. A Winter Haven fan help me with getting it unlocked using a clothes hanger......but the place was almost completely dark by then, because lights were starting to be shut down........

In 2004 Hardee played Fort Meade at Denison stadium because hurricane Charley had damaged ours.  Having not been there before I pulled into the Beef-O-Brady's on Cypress Gardens Blvd to ask exactly where the stadium was.  When I came out and got back in my car, it wouldn't start. Left me stranded there and had to have it towed home the next day.  My fuel pump had gone out. 

23 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Denison Stadium in Winter Haven is shared by by Winter Haven High School and Webber International University.  According to Webber's athletic website, the stadium seats 14000.  

Not quite, 10K to be exact, the same as Bryant Stadium in Lakeland.

A friday night experience @ Bryant is like nothing you will ever see at the HS level.

18 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Not quite, 10K to be exact, the same as Bryant Stadium in Lakeland.

I thought 14K sounded a little high, but what do I know?  Its an old stadium and I heard they did some renovations a couple years ago.  

The last game I saw there was a playoff game in 2014 between South Fort Myers and Winter Haven.  I though Winter Haven was becoming a force in 6a but they got moved up to Lakeland's district.

1 hour ago, Hwy17 said:

I thought 14K sounded a little high, but what do I know?  Its an old stadium and I heard they did some renovations a couple years ago.  

The last game I saw there was a playoff game in 2014 between South Fort Myers and Winter Haven.  I though Winter Haven was becoming a force in 6a but they got moved up to Lakeland's district.

1. That's just Webber Univer. trying to sound big, the renovations did not increase the size of the stadium.

2. WH "should" be a force, the talent is there, but they need to go in a different direction. The Tate Chronicles has run it's course imo.

25 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

1. That's just Webber Univer. trying to sound big, the renovations did not increase the size of the stadium.

2. WH "should" be a force, the talent is there, but they need to go in a different direction. The Tate Chronicles has run it's course imo.

You think so?  Winter Haven totally sucked before coach Tate took over.  

When I was still involved with coaching in 1998, the team that I was working with was getting to play Auburndale in a playoff game.  Some members of our staff went to scout the Bloodhounds, as they were playing Winter Haven at Dennison Stadium in the last week of the regular season. I remember being very impressed with the stadium, and thinking that there were more impressive looking kids in the stands at Winter Haven then playing for the Blue Devils that night.