Who is this future/former SEC/NFLer?

gatorman-uf

He played and won a state championship during his Junior Year playing on both the offensive and defensive side (line) of the ball.
Gainesville Sun Defensive Player of the Year. 
He played at an SEC school, made all SEC his sophomore, junior, and senior years.
He played in the NFL for 12 seasons.

Player.jpg

27 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Jarret Johnson/Chiefland

Too bad we don't have anyone other than you on the board from north central FL who could answer.:rolleyes:

I've never seen those uniforms before in my life and someone used white out on half the name of the Jersey making it impossible to figure out the school LMAO

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I've never seen those uniforms before in my life and someone used white out on half the name of the Jersey making it impossible to figure out the school LMAO

How many teams from the Gainesville area that end in "LAND" have ever won a state title?  What's the matter, is your Siri not working?

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

How many teams from the Gainesville area that end in "LAND" have ever won a state title?  What's the matter, is your Siri not working?

I never consider Chiefland being in Gainesville area TBH 

Really I don't look at any of Levy county as being Gainesville area even though they border Alachua county 

And I don't need Siri, normally the pictures or descriptions tell me all I need to know

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Chiefland won the 2A title in Gainesville in 1997.  That was a good year at state for north FL teams...well, some of them anyway.:rolleyes:

This is from the 1997 USA today poll

1. McKinley, Canton, Ohio (14-0)

2. Poly, Long Beach, Calif. (14-0)

3. Hampton, Va. (13-0)

4. Central Bucks, Doylestown, Pa. (15-0)

5. Carol City, Miami (15-0)

6. De La Salle, Concord, Calif. (15-0)

7. Katy, Texas (14-1)

8. Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (14-1)

9. Thomas County Central, Thomasville, Ga. (15-0)

10. Lincoln Way, New Lenox, Ill. (14-0)

11. St. Joseph's Regional, Montvale, N.J. (11-0)

12. Evangel Christian, Shreveport, La. (15-0)

13. Richmond County, Rockingham, N.C. (15-0)

14. Fairfield Central, Winnsboro, S.C. (15-0)

15. Jenks, Okla. (14-0)

16. West Monroe, Monroe, La. (14-0)

17. St. Ignatius, Cleveland (11-2)

18. Woodstock, Ill. (14-0)

19. Ramapo, Franklin Lakes, N.J. (11-0)

20. Mountain View, Mesa, Ariz. (14-0)

21. Harrison, Farmington Hills, Mich. (13-0)

22. Santa Margarita, Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif. (14-0)

23. St. John's, Danvers, Mass. (11-0)

24. Southeast, Lincoln, Neb. (13-0)

25. Eden Prairie, Minn. (13-0)

I wonder how Chiefland would have done if they had to face that kind of competition to win their title in the 2a classification

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At least when we played a national elite team from Miami in the state championship we ACTUALLY competed with them

Unlike Gainesville High who had a shot to prove their credibility on the biggest stage and got slaughtered in their game and haven't sniffed that level since 

And you haven't made it since 97, seriously you sound so bitter. Like Columbia would have done better against Miami Central that year. Columbia had their chance in the regular seasons against Gainesville and lost. And when all Columbia had to do was win against Navarre to try and get their revenge, what did Columbia do, that's right, choked in the big game again. Where Columbia lost by 7, Gainesville beat the same team by 36. Seriously? Sure Columbia has beaten Gainesville since, but your high moments are still never as high as theirs.

5 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

And you haven't made it since 97, seriously you sound so bitter. Like Columbia would have done better against Miami Central that year. Columbia had their chance in the regular seasons against Gainesville and lost. And when all Columbia had to do was win against Navarre to try and get their revenge, what did Columbia do, that's right, choked in the big game again. Where Columbia lost by 7, Gainesville beat the same team by 36. Seriously? Sure Columbia has beaten Gainesville since, but your high moments are still never as high as theirs.

In 2012 Miami Central was ranked 36th nationally and Gainesville got squashed by them

https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2012/2

In 1997 Carol City was ranked 5th nationally and Columbia not only had a halftime lead but also held their own against a very loaded team and fell by 3 in the end

3. Hampton, Va. (13-0)

7. Katy, Texas (14-1)

15. Jenks, Okla. (14-0)

So not only did Columbia actually compete with a team ranked higher nationally in their last trip to the finals but Columbia has also been much closer to getting back than Gainesville has 

In 2015 Columbia made the final 4 

Since 2012 Gainesville has not made it past the regional finals and normally gets blown out when they make it to elite 8 

Also what moments lately have been high for Gainesville???

You showed the list of state championships and they got themselves a softball state championship (just like Columbia) and a few swimming titles

Not that any of that means much in terms of what they have accomplished on the football field 

Let's talk about that Final Four... losing to Viera by 19 on your home field (so much for home field advantage) and Viera loses by 35 to STA. Again, another Columbia squad that is very good, but just not elite. 

I swear you talk more trash on a forum for your school considering they haven't won anything since 1967. Lots of teams have halftime leads, it is why they play a full game. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and since we aren't talking about that, take your close and mosey on down the road.

38 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Let's talk about that Final Four... losing to Viera by 19 on your home field (so much for home field advantage) and Viera loses by 35 to STA. Again, another Columbia squad that is very good, but just not elite. 

I swear you talk more trash on a forum for your school considering they haven't won anything since 1967. Lots of teams have halftime leads, it is why they play a full game. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and since we aren't talking about that, talk your close and mosey on down the road.

For starters I've called out our fanbase many times for not being true fans and that game showed when they bailed on the team in the 3rd quarter and showed what pathetic fanbase Columbia has became lately, our fans in the 90s weren't bailing in the 3rd quarter

These days they can't even show up for the big games and when they do they bail before it's over 

I would have fit in with the fans in the 90s, the current fanbase is full of fair weather babies who are spoiled and not truly having their heart into the game and don't even get me started on how weak the student section been lately, they are not even paying attention to the game because they too busy hanging all over on a date to even know what's happening on the field 

What am I supposed to do, sit here like fair weather joke who don't care like most the Columbia fanbase has been the last few years??

Maybe you forgotten what a hardcore fanbase is but Lake City used to have a lot of fans like me that were loud and rabid all damn night long 

Our fanbase used to be like those South GA schools but obviously it has been a while since we can say that

49 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I swear you talk more trash on a forum for your school considering they haven't won anything since 1967. Lots of teams have halftime leads, it is why they play a full game. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and since we aren't talking about that, talk your close and mosey on down the road.

Also maybe that Columbia team wasn't elite, but neither was Gainesville in 2012

Elite teams don't get blown apart when facing other elite teams, Miami Central exposed them for not being elite 

The shame is that if you actually took the time to understand my perspective you would understand why I'm the way I am and you would understand where I'm coming from 

At the end of the day I'm a representation of a dying era of fans and I go into every game with the desire to win and it means something to me

If everyone at Columbia was like me we wouldn't have such a huge chanpionship drought

43 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The shame is that if you actually took the time to understand my perspective you would understand why I'm the way I am and you would understand where I'm coming from 

At the end of the day I'm a representation of a dying era of fans and I go into every game with the desire to win and it means something to me

If everyone at Columbia was like me we wouldn't have such a huge chanpionship drought

No, the real shame is that you cannot take a ribbing about your school, laugh with all of us and let it pass.  Instead, you feel compelled to debate to the death in this obsession to defend your old high school.  Just as I am certain you will be compelled to comment on my words here and defend yourself.  You always have to get the last word in.  The shame is that this comes at the cost of taking the limelight away from Chiefland High and a great athlete of theirs...read the original post, in case you forgot.    

Please spare us the "fan of the 90's" stuff.  You talk as if you are an old-timer pinin' for the good 'ol days.  You have no clue what it was like then other than hearsay and hint, hint, us old-timers have a bad habit of embellishing things from the good 'ol days, so you may not want to believe everything you hear.  And if you want to be a real fan of the game, take some advice...you'll learn a lot more asking questions than talking and banging out defensive statements on your keyboard. 

Not trying to be mean or hurtful with my words.  If you are so passionate about defending a cause(which is wonderful), join the Armed Forces.  You'll quickly forget about Lake City and realize how unimportant what high school we cheer for really is.     

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

No, the real shame is that you cannot take a ribbing about your school, laugh with all of us and let it pass.  Instead, you feel compelled to debate to the death in this obsession to defend your old high school.  Just as I am certain you will be compelled to comment on my words here and defend yourself.  You always have to get the last word in.  The shame is that this comes at the cost of taking the limelight away from Chiefland High and a great athlete of theirs...read the original post, in case you forgot.    

Please spare us the "fan of the 90's" stuff.  You talk as if you are an old-timer pinin' for the good 'ol days.  You have no clue what it was like then other than hearsay and hint, hint, us old-timers have a bad habit of embellishing things from the good 'ol days, so you may not want to believe everything you hear.  And if you want to be a real fan of the game, take some advice...you'll learn a lot more asking questions than talking and banging out defensive statements on your keyboard. 

Not trying to be mean or hurtful with my words.  If you are so passionate about defending a cause(which is wonderful), join the Armed Forces.  You'll quickly forget about Lake City and realize how unimportant what high school we cheer for really is.     

Great point OldSchoolLion. You, and so many other knowledgeable posters on this message board always make me look forward to checking out what great subject of Florida High School Football is going to be discussed next. Of course dealing with that poster acting like a child is never easy, but I appreciate your patience. I just don't think that you will ever be able to get though to him.   

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Umm... unless you can throw, catch, run, tackle, block or kick then no, 1000 of you doesn't turn a team into a winner. Unless you are writing the big checks (which I am going to doubt, right now). A rabid fanbase doesn't create a winner, if it did, then why are teams without rabid fan bases still winning.  

And just so you know 42% of 5A-8A Elite 8 games, Semi finals, and Finals were won by 20 or more points since 2012. So it seems quite likely that teams are getting blown out even in later stages.

Again, you talk like Columbia is elite. Look at your posts from when Columbia "beat" IMG in a pre-season game. You talked like Columbia was finally going to win a state championship (where some of us told you to relax and don't get ahead of yourself) and they lost in the 2nd round on their own turf. There is nothing wrong with going to games and enjoying them. There is nothing wrong with cheering your team and regaling us with an awesome play, drive, or player. But you try to raise yourself up on the backs of others. You forget that there is more to be proud of then just a football team.

Do I enjoy when the gator football team wins? Sure do, but I also enjoy watching the Gator Volleyball, Gymnastics, and Men's Basketball achieve at high levels. I enjoy seeing the Gator Baseball and Softball be dominant. I hate the fact that the women's basketball is awful. I celebrate the fact that UF is now a Top 10 Public University. Did I rub it in to my FSU friends this year, sure did, but we move on quickly.

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

For starters I've called out our fanbase many times for not being true fans and that game showed when they bailed on the team in the 3rd quarter and showed what pathetic fanbase Columbia has became lately, our fans in the 90s weren't bailing in the 3rd quarter

These days they can't even show up for the big games and when they do they bail before it's over 

I would have fit in with the fans in the 90s, the current fanbase is full of fair weather babies who are spoiled and not truly having their heart into the game and don't even get me started on how weak the student section been lately, they are not even paying attention to the game because they too busy hanging all over on a date to even know what's happening on the field 

What am I supposed to do, sit here like fair weather joke who don't care like most the Columbia fanbase has been the last few years??

Maybe you forgotten what a hardcore fanbase is but Lake City used to have a lot of fans like me that were loud and rabid all damn night long 

Our fanbase used to be like those South GA schools but obviously it has been a while since we can say that

If you’re so damn depressed over your football games not having hardcore fans anymore, then maybe you don’t care about the game as much as you think. It’s about your own personal preference, worry about yourself not the people around you. I’m sure Columbia will have a packed house when they play IMG, as will Venice.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2019 at 10:05 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This is from the 1997 USA today poll

3. Hampton, Va. (13-0)

7. Katy, Texas (14-1)

15. Jenks, Okla. (14-0)

I wonder how Chiefland would have done if they had to face that kind of competition to win their title in the 2a classification

I wonder how well Thomas Co. Central woulda done, if they had played in the BIG BOY league in Georgia? They beat Colquitt 10-7 in regular season, and Colquitt finished with SIX losses in the BIGS! Unlike Florida, in Georgia, the size of a school DOES matter!