West Central Florida

Hwy17

Inspired by Pipe Dreams poll, last season I did a poll for West Central Florida in order to create discussion due to lack of coverage of the area outside of Tampa.  I included Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Hardee, Highlands and DeSoto counties.  Do to redistricting, I am thinking I should include Pasco this year.  Last season the Pasco teams were mostly in districts with teams to the north in their respective classes; this year they're in districts with teams from Pinellas & Hillsborough.  Likewise, I'm thinking of not including DeSoto - reason being is that they are in a district with teams from SWF.   The odd ball is North Port, a Sarasota school but like DeSoto, in a district with teams from SWF.    Its a lot of schools to keep track off.  Board feedback please.  

20 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Likewise, I'm thinking of not including DeSoto - reason being is that they are in a district with teams from SWF.   The odd ball is North Port, a Sarasota school but like DeSoto, in a district with teams from SWF.    Its a lot of schools to keep track off.  Board feedback please.  

I did not realize that DeSoto and North Port had been classified that way. Leaving North Port out probably does not make much difference unless they have turned the corner in a big way, as they won't be competitive. But DeSoto could be a playoff candidate. Purely on geography, you should cover DeSoto, but I realize you have a dilemma given the district they are in. 

43 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I did not realize that DeSoto and North Port had been classified that way. Leaving North Port out probably does not make much difference unless they have turned the corner in a big way, as they won't be competitive. But DeSoto could be a playoff candidate. Purely on geography, you should cover DeSoto, but I realize you have a dilemma given the district they are in. 

I think DeSoto will should be favorites to win their district.  However, they only have two opponents from WCF area on their schedule.  

North Port, traditionally not a power but you never know, they might finally have a great year. I believe I counted 4 opponents from Sarasota county but their district and remaining schedule was from SWF.  

On thing,  in doing a poll like this, I gained an appreciation for the amount of research needed to be somewhat realistic and unbiased and not just 100% subjective; which any poll is subjective but there was some method to it.   As mentioned, there are a lot of teams to cover in this very large sub-section of the state.   Independents, like IMG, Superior Colligiate, Clearwater International, and SSAC teams will not be included.  I don't think its right to compare them to those who play district play.  

22 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Inspired by Pipe Dreams poll, last season I did a poll for West Central Florida in order to create discussion due to lack of coverage of the area outside of Tampa.  I included Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Hardee, Highlands and DeSoto counties.  Do to redistricting, I am thinking I should include Pasco this year.  Last season the Pasco teams were mostly in districts with teams to the north in their respective classes; this year they're in districts with teams from Pinellas & Hillsborough.  Likewise, I'm thinking of not including DeSoto - reason being is that they are in a district with teams from SWF.   The odd ball is North Port, a Sarasota school but like DeSoto, in a district with teams from SWF.    Its a lot of schools to keep track off.  Board feedback please.  

Pasco I have always considered to be the Tampa bay Area so yeah West Central would fit