Dillard - A Program That Could Have More State Titles

OldSchoolLion

Look who Dillard played these years in the playoffs.  Compare their playoff path versus St Thomas' playoff paths the same years.  Imagine if St Thomas had to face the teams Dillard did those years(or Dillard itself)...no way the Raiders make the finals in 92, 96, 99, 00 and 01 if they face those same teams (or Dillard).  St Thomas gets all the glory for Broward County...Dillard should get more..they simply had brutal playoff paths.

2002 Dillard lost to eventual 6A champion Norland (St Thomas lost to Charlotte in their  region final)

*2001 Dillard lost to eventual 6A finalist Northwestern  (St Thomas faced Charlotte, Estero and Fort Myers in their region)

*2000 Dillard beat Jackson in the 6A state semifinals (St Thomas faced Cypress Lake, Estero, Fort Myers in their region)

*1999 Dillard lost to eventual 6A finalist Southridge (St Thomas faced Port Charlotte, Estero and Fort Myers in their region)

1998 Dillard lost to 6A Miami Jackson (Jackson was extremely strong-they lost 15-14 to eventual 6A champion Northwestern)  (St Thomas faced Hollywood Hills and Fort Myers before losing to Lakeland)

*1996 Dillard lost to eventual 6A champion Carol City  (St Thomas faced South Dade, St Pete Northeast and Okeechobee in their region)

*1992 Dillard beat Miami(who beat Carol City and Southridge in the playoffs) in the 5A state semifinal (St Thomas faced Hollywood Hills and Deerfield Beach in their region)

•  

Can't do anything about how the FHSAA set up the regions though.  When I was coaching in Ft Myers it was a given that whoever came out of districts was going to have to face Edison.  The season ended EVERY year when Edison crossed alligator alley.

6 minutes ago, Cjm04 said:

Can't do anything about how the FHSAA set up the regions though.  When I was coaching in Ft Myers it was a given that whoever came out of districts was going to have to face Edison.  The season ended EVERY year when Edison crossed alligator alley.

In the dinosaur days, there was greater parity.  Teams played up in class where they "belonged."  I know a coach who would have had numerous state titles in the 60's and 70's had he not insisted upon playing up in class.  He is laughing in his grave at certain "more successful" coaches who did not take the high road when they could have.   

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In the dinosaur days, there was greater parity.  Teams played up in class where they "belonged."  I know a coach who would have had numerous state titles in the 60's and 70's had he not insisted upon playing up in class.  He is laughing in his grave at certain "more successful" coaches who did not take the high road when they could have.   

What's the word out of Chaminade?

I heard they got a ton a transfers but then had some players transfer out.

Any truth to this?

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Look who Dillard played these years in the playoffs.  Compare their playoff path versus St Thomas' playoff paths the same years.  Imagine if St Thomas had to face the teams Dillard did those years(or Dillard itself)...no way the Raiders make the finals in 92, 96, 99, 00 and 01 if they face those same teams (or Dillard).  St Thomas gets all the glory for Broward County...Dillard should get more..they simply had brutal playoff paths.

2002 Dillard lost to eventual 6A champion Norland (St Thomas lost to Charlotte in their  region final)

*2001 Dillard lost to eventual 6A finalist Northwestern  (St Thomas faced Charlotte, Estero and Fort Myers in their region)

*2000 Dillard beat Jackson in the 6A state semifinals (St Thomas faced Cypress Lake, Estero, Fort Myers in their region)

*1999 Dillard lost to eventual 6A finalist Southridge (St Thomas faced Port Charlotte, Estero and Fort Myers in their region)

1998 Dillard lost to 6A Miami Jackson (Jackson was extremely strong-they lost 15-14 to eventual 6A champion Northwestern)  (St Thomas faced Hollywood Hills and Fort Myers before losing to Lakeland)

*1996 Dillard lost to eventual 6A champion Carol City  (St Thomas faced South Dade, St Pete Northeast and Okeechobee in their region)

*1992 Dillard beat Miami(who beat Carol City and Southridge in the playoffs) in the 5A state semifinal (St Thomas faced Hollywood Hills and Deerfield Beach in their region)

•  

Crazy part is it dont stop there it continued in the 2000s as well being in the same district as st Thomas for half of this decade, then once we got out of their district we ended up in the same region As AHP CG..& Miami Jackson & Miami Norland .... then Right after that we ended up on the same region as MNW MC & CC THREE nationally ranked Schools up until now. 

37 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Crazy part is it dont stop there it continued in the 2000s as well being in the same district as st Thomas for half of this decade, then once we got out of their district we ended up in the same region As AHP CG..& Miami Jackson & Miami Norland .... then Right after that we ended up on the same region as MNW MC & CC THREE nationally ranked Schools up until now. 

How does St Thomas manage to not meet Carol City, Central, Northwestern, Booker T, Southridge, Killian, Columbus or Miami High EVER in the playoffs...in over 50 years.  If that is all purely coincidence, they are the luckiest program alive in terms of region alignments.  I say this from a purely selfish standpoint.  Would have loved to have seen playoff games between these teams over the years...instead we get St Thomas versus perennially marginal teams from Dade over the past 15 years. 

Below is all of St Thomas' playoff games versus Miami teams. 

1981 Win South Dade 34-0 (playoff)

1982 Loss Homestead 32-28 (playoff-Homestead later lost in 3A state semis)

1983 Win Homestead 10-7 (OT) (playoff)

1984 Loss Homestead 40-13 (playoff-Homestead later lost in 3A state semis)

1986 Win Homestead 29-14 (playoff)

1994 Win South Dade 42-21 (playoff)

1995 Loss South Dade 24-0 (playoff-South Dade later lost in 5A second round)

1996 Win South Dade 10-0 (playoff)

1997 Win South Dade 13-0 (playoff)

2003 Loss Edison 32-13 (playoff-Edison later lost 41-0 in 5A state semi's)

2004 Win Edison 21-19 (playoff)

2011 Win American 58-14 (playoff)

2013 Win Miami Springs 56-0 (playoff)

2014 Win Mater Academy 57-0 (playoff)

2015 Win Mater Academy 60-7 (playoff)

2016 Win Mater Academy 50-10 (playoff)

2017 Win S Miami 56-0 (playoff)

2017 Win Doral Academy 48-6 (playoff)

2018 Win South Miami 77-2 (playoff)

13 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

How does St Thomas manage to not meet Carol City, Central, Northwestern, Booker T, Southridge, Killian, Columbus or Miami High EVER in the playoffs...in over 50 years.  If that is all purely coincidence, they are the luckiest program alive in terms of region alignments.  I say this from a purely selfish standpoint.  Would have loved to have seen playoff games between these teams over the years...instead we get St Thomas versus perennially marginal teams from Dade over the past 15 years. 

Below is all of St Thomas' playoff games versus Miami teams. 

1981 Win South Dade 34-0 (playoff)

1982 Loss Homestead 32-28 (playoff-Homestead later lost in 3A state semis)

1983 Win Homestead 10-7 (OT) (playoff)

1984 Loss Homestead 40-13 (playoff-Homestead later lost in 3A state semis)

1986 Win Homestead 29-14 (playoff)

1994 Win South Dade 42-21 (playoff)

1995 Loss South Dade 24-0 (playoff-South Dade later lost in 5A second round)

1996 Win South Dade 10-0 (playoff)

1997 Win South Dade 13-0 (playoff)

2003 Loss Edison 32-13 (playoff-Edison later lost 41-0 in 5A state semi's)

2004 Win Edison 21-19 (playoff)

2011 Win American 58-14 (playoff)

2013 Win Miami Springs 56-0 (playoff)

2014 Win Mater Academy 57-0 (playoff)

2015 Win Mater Academy 60-7 (playoff)

2016 Win Mater Academy 50-10 (playoff)

2017 Win S Miami 56-0 (playoff)

2017 Win Doral Academy 48-6 (playoff)

2018 Win South Miami 77-2 (playoff)

While since 2013 we've gotten Carol city 4 times in the first round Miami central twice once in the first round last year then in the second round in 2013 smh 

In 2007, Deerfield Beach gave eventual 6A state champion Northwestern all it wanted in the state semi, losing 19-14.  St Thomas faced Largo in the 5A semi and beat them easily.  

Plantation was very good in the late 1990's and early 2000's.  Look who they faced in the playoffs during those years.

1995 They lost to eventual 6A state champion Northwestern in the third round

1996 They lost to Hialeah Miami Lakes(a very good team at the time who beat Northwestern in the playoffs) in the third round

1997 They lost to Southridge in the third round

1998 They lost to eventual 6A state champion Northwestern in the third round

1999 They beat Carol City in the second round

2000 They beat Carol City in the second round

2001 They lost to Carol City in the first round

2002 They lost to Carol City in the second round

2003 They lost to eventual 6A state champion Carol City in the second round

2004 They lost to Northwestern in the first round

The better public schools of Broward have all taken their turn facing off with the Miami-Dade powers over the years in the playoffs.  Somehow St Thomas has avoided a similar gauntlet in the modern era.    

I am not a Raider hater.  I am simply pointing out what is painfully obvious.  The Raiders deserve a lot of credit for what they have done.  But one cannot justly compare what they did to schools like Plantation and Dillard.  Although they do not have trophy cases like the Raiders, these teams deserve a lot of credit, too, for repping Broward against Miami-Dade's best(something the Raiders never had to do). 

Unfortunately, we'll never know what would have happened to St Thomas had they had faced the Miami-Dade powers in the 90's and early 00's.  But ask anyone in south FL at that time and I am sure they will give you an earful.  

This is the problem when one has so many classes and teams who cannot/will not move up in class to face better competition.        

33 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The better public schools of Broward have all taken their turn facing off with the Miami-Dade powers over the years in the playoffs.  Somehow St Thomas has avoided a similar gauntlet in the modern era.    

I am not a Raider hater.  I am simply pointing out what is painfully obvious.  The Raiders deserve a lot of credit for what they have done.  But one cannot justly compare what they did to schools like Plantation and Dillard.  Although they do not have trophy cases like the Raiders, these teams deserve a lot of credit, too, for repping Broward against Miami-Dade's best(something the Raiders never had to do). 

Unfortunately, we'll never know what would have happened to St Thomas had they had faced the Miami-Dade powers in the 90's and early 00's.  But ask anyone in south FL at that time and I am sure they will give you an earful.  

This is the problem when one has so many classes and teams who cannot/will not move up in class to face better competition.        

I Agree Lion. I wonder how many championships would sta have if they had to face MNW MC OR CC in the first round from 2013-now

Look at who Miami Columbus had to face in the 6A playoffs between 1999-2010.  Talk about brutal playoff paths.  Here's another team that lacks hardware, but there is good reason.  How many teams with a playoff path like theirs could have won titles those years.

1999 Lost to eventual 6A finalist Southridge in the first round

2000 Lost to eventual 6A semifinalist Jackson in first round

2001 Lost to Killian in second round

2003 Lost to Southridge in second round

2004 Lost to HML in first round

2005 Lost to S Dade in second round

2006 Lost to eventual 6A champion Northwestern in first round

2007 Lost to eventual 6A champion Northwestern in second round

2008 Lost to eventual 6A finalist Northwestern in first round

2009 Lost to eventual 6A semifinalist Central in first round

2010 Lost to Northwestern in first round

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Look who Deerfield have to face when it comes to the playoffs......

Yea please enlighten me on their terrible first round games vs the likes of piper, coral springs,monarch or the tatavelas of the world, most of their trouble has come in the second or 3rd round and even those loses wasnt against national ranked opponents ...when Deerfield has to open up in the playoffs even as district champs against Miami central Carol city or Mnw every year then come talk to me.

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Look who Deerfield have to face when it comes to the playoffs......

2008 Deerfield lost in 3rd round to miramar 34-30

2009 they lost to plantation 38-7 in the third round 

2010 went 4-6 didnt make the playoffs 

2011 went 4-5-1 didn't make the playoffs the tie was to dillard.

2012 went 6-4 lost to cypress bay in the first round.

2013 went 10-0 in the regular season and lost 43-6 to miramar in the second round.

2014 went 4-6 didn't make the playoffs 

2015 went 9-1 in the regular season lost 17-0 to Flanagan in 2nd round 

2016 lost to Southridge 26-7 in third round 

2017 lost to western in 1st round 

2018 went 9-1 in regular season and lost 49-21 to colombus in 4th round

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

2008 Deerfield lost in 3rd round to miramar 34-30

2009 they lost to plantation 38-7 in the third round 

2010 went 4-6 didnt make the playoffs 

2011 went 4-5-1 didn't make the playoffs the tie was to dillard.

2012 went 6-4 lost to cypress bay in the first round.

2013 went 10-0 in the regular season and lost 43-6 to miramar in the second round.

2014 went 4-6 didn't make the playoffs 

2015 went 9-1 in the regular season lost 17-0 to Flanagan in 2nd round 

2016 lost to Southridge 26-7 in third round 

2017 lost to western in 1st round 

2018 went 9-1 in regular season and lost 49-21 to colombus in 4th round

Bruh Deerfield lost to MNW who went on to win states 

Deerfield lost to Flanagan who won states 

Deerfield lost to Columbus and they went to states I think

Deerfield lost to Southridge who went on to win states

Plantation owns Dillard right now tho

19 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Bro you obviously been north of florida to long when was the last time Deerfield played MNW in the playoffs ? I just went back to 2008 which is going on 11 years ago #MakeitMakeSense

& plantation on Dillard Right now ? Jit Is you dumb... Dillard & plantation haven't even played since 2016 and Dillard won that game at plantation 34-19 after going up 28-0 we also played then in 2015 we lost 23-14 we played them in 2014 at plantation and won 20-15 ....Tighten up 

32 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

MNW & Deerfield faced off TWICE since 04 DFB won in 04 and lost to MNW in 2007 so your point about Deerfield having a hard road in the playoffs is still invalid Asf

13 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

MNW & Deerfield faced off TWICE since 04 DFB won in 04 and lost to MNW in 2007 so your point about Deerfield having a hard road in the playoffs is still invalid Asf

Bruh lol MNW always a perennial power and c'mon now look who Deerfield lost to in the playoffs seriously I mean seriously no jokes 

22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bro you obviously been north of florida to long when was the last time Deerfield played MNW in the playoffs ? I just went back to 2008 which is going on 11 years ago #MakeitMakeSense

& plantation on Dillard Right now ? Jit Is you dumb... Dillard & plantation haven't even played since 2016 and Dillard won that game at plantation 34-19 after going up 28-0 we also played then in 2015 we lost 23-14 we played them in 2014 at plantation and won 20-15 ....Tighten up 

Ok then Deerfield made y'all a bitch each year o and Ely made y'all a bitch too but Deerfield always beats Ely 

Dillards Road in the playoffs Since 07 

07 Lost to STA in the second Round STA rankings 14-1 111 nationally State champ

08 lost to STA second round STA 15-0 ranked  #1 in the nation 

2012 We lost to 8-2 Miami norland in the first round who was coming off a 15-0 season the year prior 

2013 We Lost To Miami central in the second round after upsetting CC in the first round MC rankings 13-1 state champs ranked #8 in the nation

2015 we lost to Carol city in the first round Carol city rankings 200 nationally 8-2 regular season

2016 we lost to Carol city in the 1st round Carol city rankings 11-3 state champ ranked #10 nationally 

2017 lost to Carol city in the 1st round 

2018 lost to Miami central in the 1st round Miami central rankings 11-3 and ranked 29th nationally. 

Name me one school other then district 6a16 that had/have that type of playoff path off RIP out the gate from 1st round on ?? If you ask me Dillard has the toughest playoff path in the state. Deerfield beach cant even compare SHIII STA cant even compare.

@OldSchoolLion  @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @badbird 

1 minute ago, Floridatech said:

Ok then Deerfield made y'all a bitch each year o and Ely made y'all a bitch too but Deerfield always beats Ely 

Deerfield made us a bihh lol ima go back 8 years 

In 2010 we beat Deerfield 7-0

In 2011 we tied 

In 2012 we won 18-14 

In 2014 we won 25-9 

In 2017 we lost 29-0

So in the last 8 YEARS DILLARD is 3-1-1 VS Deerfield but YET Deerfield made us they bi** lol Haha Haha 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Deerfield made us a bihh lol ima go back 8 years 

In 2010 we beat Deerfield 7-0

In 2011 we tied 

In 2012 we won 18-14 

In 2014 we won 25-9 

In 2017 we lost 29-0

So in the last 8 YEARS DILLARD is 3-1-1 VS Deerfield but YET Deerfield made us they bi** lol Haha Haha 

LOL that's not what maxpreps got they got y'all as bitches to Dillard......

7-4-1 since 2004

Deerfield over Dillard

27 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

LOL that's not what maxpreps got they got y'all as bitches to Dillard......

7-4-1 since 2004

Deerfield over Dillard

U make zero since bro u hallin bout since 04 14 years ago my nigga we talking about recent I went back the last 8 years and within the last 8 years they lost to us 3 times out of 5 so how is that owning us u sound dumb bro u reaching how bout this worry bout vero and they undefeated regular seasons with no championships get off Dillard meat bihh yall would b ass Af if yall had our playoff path nuff said