9/208:00p @ Lowndes Preview Game
10/47:30p Central Preview Game
10/117:30p Miami Springs Preview Game
10/187:00p Key West Preview Game
10/257:30p Jackson
Soul Bowl
Preview Game
11/17:30p @ Edison Preview Game

Tough schedule. I see them going 8-2 this year. Losses will likely be IMG and Central, though I would love to see them upset the Ascenders some time. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They lost to Central 38-10 last year so I don’t see why you’re confused. 

Central lost to YOUNG NW team in the playoffs who went on to win state. Did you forget about that? Central strength is their oline and rbs.. I think other than MC Rockets I'd know more what going on with them than most on here. NW is loaded.. With most of top players being 2021 kids. So yeah Central? Lol

41 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

Central lost to YOUNG NW team in the playoffs who went on to win state. Did you forget about that? Central strength is their oline and rbs.. I think other than MC Rockets I'd know more what going on with them than most on here. NW is loaded.. With most of top players being 2021 kids. So yeah Central? Lol

A teams age DOES NOT MATTER. It’s about how well-coached it is and how it practices- their gameplan, strategies, and how mentally and physically conditioned the kids are. You old geezers seem to forget that high school football teams practice every day to prepare themselves for games and the playoffs.

I do not believe in teams being “down”. Look at Venice’s accomplishments in 2018 after they lost 32 seniors to graduation. 32! And they were 2 wins away from winning another state title. Branding a team as “down” makes no sense because they practice their new starters in the summer with the returners and have ample time to overcome the transition. 

And also if you want to talk about MN losing to Central, That was a week 9 game. Northwestern had 10 weeks to prepare for that game and they still got smacked around at their own field. So I guess that removes all the talk about Central being overrated. 

40 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

A teams age DOES NOT MATTER. It’s about how well-coached it is and how it practices- their gameplan, strategies, and how mentally and physically conditioned the kids are. You old geezers seem to forget that high school football teams practice every day to prepare themselves for games and the playoffs.

I do not believe in teams being “down”. Look at Venice’s accomplishments in 2018 after they lost 32 seniors to graduation. 32! And they were 2 wins away from winning another state title. Branding a team as “down” makes no sense because they practice their new starters in the summer with the returners and have ample time to overcome the transition. 

And also if you want to talk about MN losing to Central, That was a week 9 game. Northwestern had 10 weeks to prepare for that game and they still got smacked around at their own field. So I guess that removes all the talk about Central being overrated. 

Who won the last game between Central and NW in playoffs? You keep OVERLOOKING that. I think I'd take losing 38 to 10 in regular season and avenge that loss by knocking that same team out the playoffs. Stop looking at this onesided.. Central knew it was win or go home and lost. They had all season to prepare for state. Central had alot of seniors on that team. NW knocked them out of playoffs last 3 years. I don't know nothing about venice and venice has nothing to do with this post. I know about both of these schools central is our main rival. They might win state this year being that Northwestern is out of 6A... Nothing u or anybody says will change my opinion. So again Central? Lol. 

7 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

Who won the last game between Central and NW in playoffs? You keep OVERLOOKING that. I think I'd take losing 38 to 10 in regular season and avenge that loss by knocking that same team out the playoffs. Stop looking at this onesided.. Central knew it was win or go home and lost. They had all season to prepare for state. Central had alot of seniors on that team. NW knocked them out of playoffs last 3 years. I don't know nothing about venice and venice has nothing to do with this post. I know about both of these schools central is our main rival. They might win state this year being that Northwestern is out of 6A... Nothing u or anybody says will change my opinion. So again Central? Lol. 

Old? I guess your in your twenties because 30s and 40s is not old. It amazes me that people have do much to say about teams they know little about. Lol.. Answer this why haven't central won a state title the last 3 years?  Who knocked them out of the playoffs or stopped them from making playoffs last 3 years? I don't know your logic on thinking they would beat NW this year other than the regular season win lol. But it's your personal opinion and I respect it just find it funny that's all. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They both play their home games at same stadium! Smh lol. So I guess Central lost at home in the playoffs to NW...Yeah you just like Central based off their past success I get it. That's cool. I never said they were overrated by the way.

5 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

As much as I hate to, I have to agree with everything Topnotch305 is saying. They are the two time defending champions, and we(Miami Central) really blew it last season. So whatever they dish out, we gotta take it. 

It's all love bro, we are rivals so you know how it is lol. 

On 7/21/2019 at 9:35 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

A team’s age certainly matters. Look at the 2011 Booker T vs Bolles game. Booker T lost that game due to inexperience, as many of their superstars were sophomores. They were vastly superior talent wise (minus the Bolles OL, that was a heck of a group) and those guys made crucial mental errors. That didn’t happen the next two years. 

I always have believed that 99% of players will be better when they are seniors vs when they are freshman. They know the system better & are more physically, emotionally, and mentally mature. I remember having a conversation with the infamous Coach Propst years and years ago and he told me that he feels extremely confident about a team when they have 30+ seniors on the team because those are guys who know the system in and out. 

13 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I get the feeling that there is a lot of mutual respect between Northwestern and Central players and fans.

Yes there is. We hate each other(not really) but we respect each other. Many of us grew in the same neighborhoods, went to the same elementary and middle schools together, but ended up going to different high schools. With so many schools in close proximity to each other down it happens.

3 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

Yes there is. We hate each other(not really) but we respect each other. Many of us grew in the same neighborhoods, went to the same elementary and middle schools together, but ended up going to different high schools. With so many schools in close proximity to each other down it happens.

Exactly! I hope you guys win all of your games except when u play us lol. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

Exactly! I hope you guys win all of your games except when u play us lol. 

Kudos but dwn hea ain’t none of dat lol if you went to ely we don’t Fwu fam No cap. & vice versa ain’t no brotherly love bih. We want to aihh to suffer going 0-10 every year & losing by 80 when you play us. Lol that’s just how it is. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Kudos but dwn hea ain’t none of dat lol if you went to ely we don’t Fwu fam No cap. & vice versa ain’t no brotherly love bih. We want to aihh to suffer going 0-10 every year & losing by 80 when you play us. Lol that’s just how it is. 

It's like that too between the 2 schools I'm just not as bad as I use to be. But alot of the fans if not most feel that way. The others just want whoever from 305 to win. 

I know that there is a semi-pro team, the Magic City Bulls. The Bulls have Northwestern blue and gold colors and logo. I know that a lot of former Northwestern players play for the team, and the team owners are affiliated with the high school. I wonder if any former Central Rockets would be welcomed onto the team, and of so, would those players be comfortable wearing the Bulls blue and gold? lol

10 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I know that there is a semi-pro team, the Magic City Bulls. The Bulls have Northwestern blue and gold colors and logo. I know that a lot of former Northwestern players play for the team, and the team owners are affiliated with the high school. I wonder if any former Central Rockets would be welcomed onto the team, and of so, would those players be comfortable wearing the Bulls blue and gold? lol

Yeah they would welcome them. They would just get it all season long. Especially after they lose. Lol