Who Are These Legendary Old School FL HS QB's?

OldSchoolLion

These quarterbacks are considered by many to be amongst the top FL hs qb's from the days prior to 1980.  All went on to successful careers as qb's in college, 4 of them as collegiate All-Americans.  All but one played their college ball in FL.  Have fun trying to recognize some of the old school uniforms.

What are their names, and where did each go to high school and college?   

#1 pictured below

Image result for eddie mcashan

#2 pictured below

Image result for john reaves florida

#3 pictured below

Image result for george mira hurricanes

#4 pictured below

Ken Riley

#5 pictured below

Image result for derrick gibson nolefan

#6 pictured below

Image result for jimmy jordan fsu

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It is John Reaves, who was a collegiate All-American.  Do you or anyone else know where he went to college and/or high school?  And who is the coach with whom he is pictured?  

Well, I've been a Gator fan all my life and am an alum. I believe he's from Tampa, drawing a blank on the HS

John Reaves played for Tampa Robinson and was Florida's Player of the Year in 1967.  He is pictured above with Ray Graves, who coached the Gators and lead them to national prominence in the 1960's.  Reaves was an All-American for the Gators and set an NCAA record for career TDs.  He was a 1st-round draft pick of the Philadelphia Eagles and played for 5 teams in 9 seasons, throwing for over 3,600 career yards.

https://floridagators.com/news/2017/8/13/football-john-reaves-life-was-more-than-just-one-pass.aspx

30 minutes ago, skyway said:

The last two pics are FSU QBs, but I'd have to look them up to be certain. Could pick out of a multiple choice though!

#5 and #6 both played for FSU.  The guy pictured #6 played hs ball in north FL and was a high school phenom in the 1970's.  He is the youngest of all the players pictured above.  Some Nole fan out there has got to recognize him!

The fellow pictured in #5 played hs ball in the Tampa area.  Does anyone remember those helmets?  When this FSU Hall of Famer graduated from FSU, he held numerous passing records.  He was a second round draft pick of the Chicago Bears.

#6 is Jimmy Jordan of Tallahassee Leon..

First prep QB in the US to pass for 4,000 yards in a season as a senior, was 263-of-471 for 4,098 yards and 40 TDs for 12-2 team that was large-class state runner-up to Hialeah Miami Lakes. Completions, attempts, yards and TDs all set state records in an era when big passing numbers didn’t happen. Passed for 1,176 yards in 4 playoff games. Passed for 4,173 career yards and 39 TDs at FSU in a stretch where the Seminoles went 29-6 and joined the national elite.

#1 played for Gainesville High.  He was the first to be named state Player of the Year for football and basketball. One of the state’s first prolific dual-threat QBs. Passed for 2,053 yards for 9-1 team that missed out on the playoffs in the old points system as a senior. Amassed 4,289 passing yards plus 1,134 rushing yards and 61 TD throws in his career.  Played college ball at Georgia Tech.  Was second African-American to play QB for a major southeastern university. Had 4,262 yards total offense and 32 TD passes in college career.

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

#1 is Eddie McShan, Gainsville Purple Hurricanes. Saw him in Daytona (1967) beat my Mainland Bucs 32-34? to 27-28?

#3 is a Hurricane, George Mira ? Fran Curci ?  Remember the face....

#1 is Eddie McAshan, Gainesville High Class of 1968.

#3 is George Mira, Key West High Class of 1959.  All-state QB who led the Conchs to a 21-8-1 record in 3 varsity seasons. Also starred for state championship baseball teams in 1959 and 1960. Pitched 2 consecutive no-hitters in 1 tournament. First team All-American as a senior at Miami in 1963, when he led the nation in total offense and tied NCAA record for pass completions. Selected in 2nd round of 1964 draft and played 8 NFL seasons.

Where are our FAMU fans/alumni?  #4 played offense and defense in high school and QB at FAMU, where he was a 3-time All-American. Moved back to the secondary in the NFL, where he played 14 seasons for the Bengals and had 65 INTs. Multiple times All-Pro.  Was later head football coach and athletic director at FAMU.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:01 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

John Reaves played for Tampa Robinson and was Florida's Player of the Year in 1967.  He is pictured above with John Graves, who coached the Gators and lead them to national prominence in the 1960's.  Reaves was an All-American for the Gators and set an NCAA record for career TDs.  He was a 1st-round draft pick of the Philadelphia Eagles and played for 5 teams in 9 seasons, throwing for over 3,600 career yards.

https://floridagators.com/news/2017/8/13/football-john-reaves-life-was-more-than-just-one-pass.aspx

Getting really picky here, but I believe it's 'Ray' Graves (unless his given name was John).