Dillard Will Have 65 possibly 70 kids on the varsity sideline come kickoff.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

It feels so good being back on the sidelines & in the trenches with these boys after a year off and being in another state. 

But after off season workouts, tournaments, & conditioning Workouts; What I can say about this panther team is just WOW. 

They had a awesome season last year going 8-2 & going toe to toe with nationally ranked MC before losing 35-20.

And they took that and became even better this off season so far they have 14 official transfers that transferred in and basically kept all their talent from last year. 

We have 4 QBs All starter caliber & all 4 are underclassmen. 

Our DL will Stand at a AVG height of 6’6 400+ pounds led by class of 2022 DE najailkelly 

OUr OL will stand on a avg of 6’5 across the board led by class of 2023 6’4 Rico Jackson and class of 2023 6’5 Chris Alexander. 

This off season Our program has really focused on top notch conditioning, execution, discipline, and becoming much much stronger in the trenches. Two of our underclass men OL brought home the OL trophy from the competition they were in. 

ITS so much more to add but I’ll leave the rest for imagination once the season starts. All I can say is The old Dillard is back the community is extremely excited Rfrom what they have been seeing our practices have become like games from the amount of fans that come to watch. 

All in all this team BELIEVES & they are hungry to show the world that Dillard is here & will be respected. They hear and see all the love for STA DEERFIELD..chaminade and etc but no Dillard so them boys are out for blood right now.! Our 2019 FEAR NOBODY GAIN RESPECT FROM EVERYBODY! 

Im just gonna Also put it out there they are itchin for a rematch with central they don’t want to avoid the rockets they want them. And to that LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!! WE READY WE READY WE READY WE READY #WEAREDILLARD @OldSchoolLion @MC Rockets @badbird

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Good Lord! That is beyond madness. I don't care what kind of frame these kids have, that is setting them up for an early death.

Plus, I am not even sure that that's a good thing as they will probably tire quickly and wear down in the second half. 

Their not fat tho they are tall & built hardly if any gut they weighed more at the beginning of camp but their burning the fat off they all should b 370-380 by kickoff.

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Their not fat tho they are tall & built hardly if any gut they weighed more at the beginning of camp but their burning the fat off they all should b 370-380 by kickoff.

I think when you have 18 and 17 year old kids carrying this kind of weight, all we are doing is providing ammunition to the haters of this sport. No way kids this age should be carrying around 400 pounds regardless of frame or how much of it is fat. Many will have cardiovascular issues in their 30s and 40s, if not before, and that's a shame. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I think when you have 18 and 17 year old kids carrying this kind of weight, all we are doing is providing ammunition to the haters of this sport. No way kids this age should be carrying around 400 pounds regardless of frame or how much of it is fat. Many will have cardiovascular issues in their 30s and 40s, if not before, and that's a shame. 

I agree bro. But when you look at it ol and Dl With small girth don’t make it far 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree bro. But when you look at it ol and Dl With small girth don’t make it far 

For high school they should have a limit to weight in the 300 lbs area. So, if a really big kid wants to play, he would need to work the extra off over the late spring and summer. That way the ceiling would be limited for all schools.

If colleges wanted to bulk them up later on, it would be on them. But at the high school level, I just think 400 is way too much weight. 

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

For high school they should have a limit to weight in the 300 lbs area. So, if a really big kid wants to play, he would need to work the extra off over the late spring and summer. That way the ceiling would be limited for all schools.

If colleges wanted to bulk them up later on, it would be on them. But at the high school level, I just think 400 is way too much weight. 

I agree. So besides the obvious massive weight of our DL & OL what do you think of the rest of the update on my alma mater. You’ve been around a lot of yours so I know you have wisdom.

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree. So besides the obvious massive weight of our DL & OL what do you think of the rest of the update on my alma mater. You’ve been around a lot of yours so I know you have wisdom.

I honestly think Dillard will be a contender. You have a fairly tough road in the playoffs, but the Panthers probably have their best chance to go deep in several years. The team will need some luck to get there and I don't think it will be easy, but it is possible ...

27 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I have come to accept transfers and superteams as the state of hs football today.  But I struggle to accept a kid weighing 400 pounds competing on the same playing field as someone weighing 150 pounds.  We are talking about safety now...and the health of players.  We limit the weights of wrestlers for a reason.   

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I have come to accept transfers and superteams as the state of hs football today.  But I struggle to accept a kid weighing 400 pounds competing on the same playing field as someone weighing 150 pounds.  We are talking about safety now...and the health of players.  We limit the weights of wrestlers for a reason.   

Exactly. In fact at the youth level they are weight limits in football. We need one at the high school level to protect both smaller players and the really overweight ones (in this case from themselves) or else we will only fuel the calls from those who want the game banned. 

51 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I honestly think Dillard will be a contender. You have a fairly tough road in the playoffs, but the Panthers probably have their best chance to go deep in several years. The team will need some luck to get there and I don't think it will be easy, but it is possible ...

Hmmm fair assessment I can respect that but can I ask why you say we will need luck ?? 

And before quickly answering look at it unbiased. The two time 6a champ is out of the district the 6a champ before that is out of the district. 

A few of the 6a north contenders are also out of the district. 

So now you have power house MC .... AVG to above Avg southridge Dillard & mainland 

dark horse norland & Belen. 

Dillard & MC went head to head for all 4 Qts in the playoffs where as CG & STA were both demolished by central. 

Coming into 2019 Dillard only got better got deeper faster & stronger. & have a solid coaching staff. So I’m sorry but if you ask me the south region is gonna either be Dillard or MC. Representing in Orlando. And I’m not being biased because it’s my school. But during this off season MC hasn’t made any big splash moves their biggest down fall is still their DEFENSE & DL their qb play is still in question. 

So just from a football stand point MC is not a clear cut fav to run rug shot through 6a like in their dalvin cook years. This can b Dillard most talented team since 2000 & that’s saying a lot.

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So now you have power house MC .... AVG to above Avg southridge Dillard & mainland 

Central  will give Dillard all it can handle. Can Dillard win? Sure, but it will not be easy and at a minimum, you will need to avoid bad luck situations (turnovers, unnecessary penalties, etc.). Also, Mainland will have their best team since at least four years ago, and although they never got through the big three back in the day, but for a bounce here or there, they could have. So, I am saying enjoy what should be a good season, but keep in mind the fact that a deep run is not a certainty. It is certainly possible, but all I am saying is don't count your chickens yet, take it one game at a time. 

19 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Central  will give Dillard all it can handle. Can Dillard win? Sure, but it will not be easy and at a minimum, you will need to avoid bad luck situations (turnovers, unnecessary penalties, etc.). Also, Mainland will have their best team since at least four years ago, and although they never got through the big three back in the day, but for a bounce here or there, they could have. So, I am saying enjoy what should be a good season, but keep in mind the fact that a deep run is not a certainty. It is certainly possible, but all I am saying is don't count your chickens yet, take it one game at a time. 

Couldn’t that same thing be said for MC tho ? What makes them such a lock ? Because of history ? Like big name transfers make DFB class 8a faves every year ?

MC hasn’t won it all in 3 years so it’s safe to say not only can they be beaten but have been there for there is nothing about them that’s a lock either at this point we’re just merely going off what they have done & their name. 

Just like we have to avoid those things so does central because I seem to remember it being 28-20 with Dillard having the ball 1st & Goal but ended up fumbling. Last year both teams were evenly matched and it showed even tho every sports site picked central in a blow out. 

So yea I believe in taking everything one game at a time but let’s not be so quick to crown the next team either because of history & popularity if you ask me Dillard & central are the two best teams in 6a right now & will meet again.

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thats too much at any level. By the way, there is no way that d-line is averaging 6'6" and the weight of the four d lineman is 401 396 391 403 & 398. That sounds like a player I would make up in Madden.

49 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

Thats too much at any level. By the way, there is no way that d-line is averaging 6'6" and the weight of the four d lineman is 401 396 391 403 & 398. That sounds like a player I would make up in Madden.

Look it up bro I posted a few of the names up above & as I Also stated most of them are losing about 10-12 pounds before the season start.

51 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

I’m with these kids everyday I’ve seen them on the scale before and during their weight lost as far as their height that can’t change 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Look it up bro I posted a few of the names up above & as I Also stated most of them are losing about 10-12 pounds before the season start.

So they will be 390lbs or 388lbs come fall. Damn those dudes will be shredded! 

15 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You will not see many if any college D or O linemen that way plus 380... IF they do Strength and conditioning coaches will make them cut down to about 330 as fast as possible.. that aint good for them kids or the team if they tire out easily.

15 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yeah, that is apart of the game there are no weight limits in football.  HOw often do you hear a kid getting hurt by going up against a bigger kid?  Its usually a kid who is 150 getting banged by a kid who is 200 and can fly like a rocket.  Chances is that kid hits harder than teh 300 or 400lb kid because he can move that body much faster and make himself a projectile.  I am going to disagree with you.  Football is football it balances out.

I was a 150-160lb RB in  high school... The only time I got injured concussed or injured was going up against speedy LBs who probably weight somewhere from 180 to 230 or even DBs catching me off guard... I never got hurt being tackled by the big guys.  They rap and fall or grap.