From 2000-2018 if you could not transfer at all and you had to play for the school in your district who do you all believe would have been champs over that time frame.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I know I know the topic is longer school I tried to short it the best way I could. But picture in m Florida syou couldn’t transfer at all from 2000 - 2018 you had to play for the school in your district & also have years of document proof that you do stay there & etc. 

who do you all believe would have been champs in the time frame and what are the teams that benefited from transfers that would have suffered & struggled because of not being able to transfer. @DarterBlue2 @badbird @peezy28

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

who do you all believe would have been champs in the time frame and what are the teams that benefited from transfers that would have suffered & struggled because of not being able to transfer. @DarterBlue2 @badbird @peezy28

If restrictions were placed on private schools, too, St. Thomas and probably Trinity Christian would have suffered the most. Regarding the public schools, some of the South Florida schools would have been the biggest beneficiaries (Miami Northwestern which would not have lost a bunch of its talent to Central when the 2006 coaching staff departed comes to mind). Another school that may have done well, provided they had a good, stable coaching staff, that few would mention would have been Orlando Evans, which over the past 18 years has seen a lot of its talent end up at a variety of schools, including but not limited to: Edgewater, West Orange, Dr. Phillips, and more recently, Wekiva. In Polk County, Lake Gibson may have had several better years if it had been able to keep its talent at home. In Broward, your Alma Mata, Dillard, would have been a lot more consistent year to year and with the right staff would have made playoff runs. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If restrictions were placed on private schools, too, St. Thomas and probably Trinity Christian would have suffered the most. Regarding the public schools, some of the South Florida schools would have been the biggest beneficiaries (Miami Northwestern which would not have lost a bunch of its talent to Central when the 2006 coaching staff departed comes to mind). Another school that may have done well, provided they had a good, stable coaching staff, that few would mention would have been Orlando Evans, which over the past 18 years has seen a lot of its talent end up at a variety of schools, including but not limited to: Edgewater, West Orange, Dr. Phillips, and more recently, Wekiva. In Polk County, Lake Gibson may have had several better years if it had been able to keep its talent at home. In Broward, your Alma Mata, Dillard, would have been a lot more consistent year to year and with the right staff would have made playoff runs. 

I agree with you to the highest I believe we wouldn’t have a Chaminade powerhouse STA powerhouse Columbus power house AHP power house ..Lakeland and etc. if you ask me I believe Dillard ely & maybe Deerfield would have ran broward in their respexctive classes. 

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

we wouldn’t have a Chaminade powerhouse STA powerhouse Columbus power house AHP power house

If the private schools were not able to provide a lot of financial aid to attract talent, most of them would not be state contenders and the ones that were able to be based on "regular" enrollment, would not be super teams year after year. Schools like Dillard, Deerfield and Ely would have hung on to a lot of their talent and if they had consistent, good coaching would have state titles among them to show for it. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

If the private schools were not able to provide a lot of financial aid to attract talent, most of them would not be state contenders and the ones that were able to be based on "regular" enrollment, would not be super teams year after year. Schools like Dillard, Deerfield and Ely would have hung on to a lot of their talent and if they had consistent, good coaching would have state titles among them to show for it. 

Exactly. It seems to me this super team stuff really hit hard after the big 3 thing with Miami & the super teams in the nba correct me if I’m wrong.

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I know I know the topic is longer school I tried to short it the best way I could. But picture in m Florida syou couldn’t transfer at all from 2000 - 2018 you had to play for the school in your district & also have years of document proof that you do stay there & etc. 

Interesting question...go back to the 70's and 80's and see who was winning championships...a common thread was great coaches.  So, all things equal like you describe, I think teams like Lakeland and Apopka would have been competing for championships in the modern era.

On another note, St Thomas was very competitive back in the 70's before all of the craziness started.  That program has tremendous tradition.  All things being equal, something tells me that St Thomas would have been a serious contender many years.  

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Exactly. It seems to me this super team stuff really hit hard after the big 3 thing with Miami & the super teams in the nba correct me if I’m wrong.

The Celtics with Pierce, Garnett, and Allen actually started the whole "Big Three" movement IMO. LeBozo and company just followed their lead.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:39 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

So, all things equal like you describe, I think teams like Lakeland and Apopka would have been competing for championships in the modern era.

On another note, St Thomas was very competitive back in the 70's before all of the craziness started. 

Good point OSL

Lakeland's dynasty(04, 05, 06) had 3 transfers, and none of them were named Rainey or Pouncey.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

5 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Good point OSL

Lakeland's dynasty(04, 05, 06) had 3 transfers, and none of them were named Rainey or Pouncey.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

...concerning Lakeland's 2006 state champion team.  There were a couple of kids who saw regular playing time during the 06 season who were not on the roster in 05.  One appears to have been at Lakeland his whole career.  Am not sure about the other.  As best I can tell, all of the remaining, regular starters on that 06 team were at Lakeland in 05 and did not transfer in for the 06 season.  

Michael Pouncey, Maurice Pouncey, Paul Wilson, Ahmad Black, Jamar Taylor, Chris Rainey, Steve Wilks, Jordan Hammond, and John Brown were the big name seniors on that Lakeland team.  All of them got D-1 scholarships, and none of them transferred into Lakeland for the 06 season.  They were there in 05, if not before.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

As best I can tell, all of the remaining, regular starters on that 06 team were at Lakeland in 05 and did not transfer in for the 06 season.  

Michael Pouncey, Maurice Pouncey, Paul Wilson, Ahmad Black, Jamar Taylor, Chris Rainey, Steve Wilks, Jordan Hammond, and John Brown were the big name seniors on that Lakeland team.  All of them got D-1 scholarships, and none of them transferred into Lakeland for the 06 season.  They were there in 05, if not before.

Black played his junior and senior seasons at Lakeland.

That dynasty was built from the ground up. As rising freshman they went 6-3. The rest is history

https://www.theledger.com/news/20181205/looking-back-lakeland-won-3-titles-in-3-years-of-perfection

On 7/24/2019 at 11:31 PM, Hwy17 said:

Bradenton Southeast would probably still be a powerhouse and Paul Maechtle still their coach.

Lakewood Ranch and Braden River had more to do with the decline of Southeast, than transfers......as Southeast saw a dramatic loss in enrollment because those school open. Hate to break this on you but Coach Maechtle's last few years at Southeast, he had lost complete institutional control of the program.......I could tell you some stories about things that were going on behind the scene you wouldn't believe.........

11 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

Lakewood Ranch and Braden River had more to do with the decline of Southeast, than transfers......as Southeast saw a dramatic loss in enrollment because those school open. Hate to break this on you but Coach Maechtle's last few years at Southeast, he had lost complete institutional control of the program.......I could tell you some stories about things that were going on behind the scene you wouldn't believe.........

Really?  The Southeast folks I talked to said the decline began in 2011 when the former SE assistant became head coach at Palmetto.  Palmetto made a good playoff run that year.  Then 2012 & 2013 saw a lot of transfers to Manatee, this per the SE fans I've talked to.  As for losing compete institutional control of the program goes, I recall hearing the same term used for why Joe Kinnan got let go.   Anyway, its a shame that such a legendary coach career ended the way it did; Kinnan included.  

2 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Really?  The Southeast folks I talked to said the decline began in 2011 when the former SE assistant became head coach at Palmetto.  Palmetto made a good playoff run that year.  Then 2012 & 2013 saw a lot of transfers to Manatee, this per the SE fans I've talked to.  As for losing compete institutional control of the program goes, I recall hearing the same term used for why Joe Kinnan got let go.   Anyway, its a shame that such a legendary coach career ended the way it did; Kinnan included.  

2010 - 2013 Saw Southeast win the District title 2 of those 4 years and have a winning record in its of those years except Maecthle's last year at Southeast 2013. In as far as trying to attributte that to marino leaving for the Palmetto job.....he's been there almost 10 years, guess how many state title games he's been to? that's right.....ZERO Guess how many Maecthle had been to in his 1st 10 years, with Manatee also becoming a state powerhouse....... 2, and from there he won 2 state titles.....You give Marino much more credit for coaching then hr deserves in as far as what he contributed to the Southeast program...

40 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

2010 - 2013 Saw Southeast win the District title 2 of those 4 years and have a winning record in its of those years except Maecthle's last year at Southeast 2013. In as far as trying to attributte that to marino leaving for the Palmetto job.....he's been there almost 10 years, guess how many state title games he's been to? that's right.....ZERO Guess how many Maecthle had been to in his 1st 10 years, with Manatee also becoming a state powerhouse....... 2, and from there he won 2 state titles.....You give Marino much more credit for coaching then hr deserves in as far as what he contributed to the Southeast program...

Actually I don't.  2010 & 2011 were Marino's best years and most everyone considers 2011 a one hit wonder and that due to getting a bunch of transfers from SE.