A question about these kickoff classic games, IF I may?

ORabidOne

We will be having people coming down from Hotlanna for the Colquitt-Columbia 'game'. And my question IS, what type scenario can we expect? 1)A controlled scrimmage where there are no runbacks on KO's or punts, and where the QB's are protected with a green jersey! 2)Where we have a regular game for three quarters, plus JV! 3)Or a FULL BLOWN slobberknocker?

36 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

We will be having people coming down from Hotlanna for the Colquitt-Columbia 'game'. And my question IS, what type scenario can we expect? 1)A controlled scrimmage where there are no runbacks on KO's or punts, and where the QB's are protected with a green jersey! 2)Where we have a regular game for three quarters, plus JV! 3)Or a FULL BLOWN slobberknocker?

Someone can correct me if the rules have changed. But historically, the decision has been largely left in the hands of the two teams' administration. So, if you wanted a full blown game, that could be arranged as long as the other part agrees. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Someone can correct me if the rules have changed. But historically, the decision has been largely left in the hands of the two teams' administration. So, if you wanted a full blown game, that could be arranged as long as the other part agrees. 

WOOOOOONDERFUL! SOOOOOO, these folks travel 300 miles from Hotlanna, not knowing WHAT'S WHAT! We got to Troy University back in May, thinking that THAT was a full game scenario, for three quarters! Only to find out at KO, that it would be modified with no hit on the QB, and no runbacks! Even the play by play guy on TV was bummed out!

The bigger problem (in the past) will be that for the Georgia school the game will count as part of their regular season, but for Columbia it will not. So Columbia has no reason to try and win. I will say that Coach Allen of Columbia will probably allow a full game, except for maybe the kicking game, but that is a guess. 

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

WOOOOOONDERFUL! SOOOOOO, these folks travel 300 miles from Hotlanna, not knowing WHAT'S WHAT! We got to Troy University back in May, thinking that THAT was a full game scenario, for three quarters! Only to find out at KO, that it would be modified with no hit on the QB, and no runbacks! Even the play by play guy on TV was bummed out!

I would say your coaches and AD dropped the ball if you showed up not knowing that.  Coaches talk and decide this stuff weeks before the actual games and they should now to ask because it is standard especially if it was a spring game.

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Football . . . in May . . . at a University . . . with no hitting the QB?   Are you sure this wasn't a 7 on 7 tournament?  :D

Usually in Florida Kick off classics are full special teams with JV or two's playing the 4th quarter but like everyone said it is what ever the coaches agree on.  If your fans didn't know then your coaches did a crappy job communicating to every one.  He was probably too busy sleeping with the secretary.

1 hour ago, badbird said:

Usually in Florida Kick off classics are full special teams with JV or two's playing the 4th quarter but like everyone said it is what ever the coaches agree on.  If your fans didn't know then your coaches did a crappy job communicating to every one.  He was probably too busy sleeping with the secretary.

Oh laaaaawwwd. Shots fired....LOL

9 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

The bigger problem (in the past) will be that for the Georgia school the game will count as part of their regular season, but for Columbia it will not. So Columbia has no reason to try and win. I will say that Coach Allen of Columbia will probably allow a full game, except for maybe the kicking game, but that is a guess

AU CONTRAIRE', my good pilgrim! This was scheduled as a SCRIMMAGE game by the GHSA! Our counting games start on Saturday, August 24, at Mercedes Benz Stadium!

8 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

I would say your coaches and AD dropped the ball if you showed up not knowing that.  Coaches talk and decide this stuff weeks before the actual games and they should now to ask because it is standard especially if it was a spring game.

WELL, I confess that I wasn't privy to being that fly on the wall as it were, BUT! It's my understanding that Coach Rogers made the determination prior to GAME TIME! So there's THAT! I don't think that Meridian was all that enthused when they found out, either!

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

Football . . . in May . . . at a University . . . with no hitting the QB?   Are you sure this wasn't a 7 on 7 tournament?  :D

NOOOO, it was a THREE STATE SCRIMMAGE, over a four day period! Eighteen of the better teams from old Mississippi, Alabumble, and Jawja!

2 hours ago, badbird said:

HEY DUMBASS, Coach ProPst has been on suspension, since February! He has since been terminated under false allegations, which are currently being litigated!  And his wife is twice as good looking as your sister! I TRY ta make NICE NICE with your swamp rats! And ALL I git is GRIEF! NANO NANO!

9 hours ago, badbird said:

WELL, OUR 2's play in the FIRST quarter of every game! And we see just how badass all those four and five stars are, after they've played seventy plus snaps!