Time for a facelift in the Districts ?

Gridiron8

The FHSAA should perhaps make a suggestion to fix their alignments for the future to create some balance for how the districts should be played out. 3 things that stand out that i'm not a fan of when looking at the districts. 1. Some districts have just 2 or 3 teams (not hard for a certain team to clinch a playoff berth or no risk in being a 6 team district to get toughen up before the playoffs. 2. No wildcard given to certain teams who at times are better than some district winners. 3. District clinching games should be on the last week of the regular season. That adds plenty of excitement to how games and districts can be decided. Addition: Orlando has been a nice city for the FHSAA Finals, but maybe another city in Central Florida should be suggested (Tampa, Jacksonville). Balance need to be re-structured in the state, it wasn't that much of a deal to me back then, but the classes are getting a bit out of hand now, should be time to re-adjust them...

I think Orlando is the best city for FHSAA because it's centrally located. See it wouldn't be fair for a Miami/Broward school to travel way to Jacksonville especially if their playing a team from that area. Now as for the districts I do think some improvements needs to be done for instance American Heritage (Plantation) only has two other schools in their district Cardinal Gibbons and Jackson and to me that's not fair and to easy, whereas some districts they may have 7-8 schools.

I would like to see 5 classes, 6 max. 4 might be a little to few unless you take the privates and put them in their own class which I would not like to see.

5 or 6 would make the playoffs much harder to be champ. The reason it will not happen is because of money and losing a bunch of games means less cash.