Florida's 2 Greatest NFL QB's Ever? Bridgewater & Culpepper

OldSchoolLion

Of the following 7 great FL hs quarterbacks who also played that position in the NFL, only 2 of them ever earned Pro Bowl honors.  Who are they? 

Cardinal Newman-Craig Erickson/UM, C/O 1986

Fort Walton Beach-Danny Wuerffel/Florida, C/O 1991

Miramar-Geno Smith/West Virginia, C/O 2008

Nease-Tim Tebow/Florida, C/O 2005

*****Northwestern-Teddy Bridgewater/Louisville, C/O 2011 

*****Vanguard-Daunte Culpepper/UCF, C/O 1994

Westminster Academy-Danny Kanell/FSU, C/O 1991

I'm confused.  The prompt question started out:  " Of the following 8 great FL hs quarterbacks who also played that position in the NFL . . . ."  So, that means the person had to play the position of QB in both high school and in the pros, right?.  I don't recall Collinsworth ever playing QB in the pros.   According to his NFL stats, he had a total of 7 rushing carries for -15 yards (I'm guessing most all of these were reverses) and a grand total of one pass attempt (an incomplete pass; possibly thrown after taking the handoff on a reverse).   Did he actually line up under center (or take a shotgun snap) in a game?   Does that mean that every player who takes a wildcat snap in the pros has played the position of QB? 

7 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I'm confused.  The prompt question started out:  " Of the following 8 great FL hs quarterbacks who also played that position in the NFL . . . ."  So, that means the person had to play the position of QB in both high school and in the pros, right?.  I don't recall Collinsworth ever playing QB in the pros.   According to his NFL stats, he had a total of 7 rushing carries for -15 yards (I'm guessing most all of these were reverses) and a grand total of one pass attempt (an incomplete pass; possibly thrown after taking the handoff on a reverse).   Did he actually line up under center (or take a shotgun snap) in a game?   Does that mean that every player who takes a wildcat snap in the pros has played the position of QB? 

What I wrote was confusing and thanks for pointing out.  I should not have included Collinsworth in the exercise.  His claim to fame was receiving.  I fixed above.    

On 8/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Of the following 7 great FL hs quarterbacks who also played that position in the NFL, only 2 of them ever earned Pro Bowl honors.  Who are they? 

Cardinal Newman-Craig Erickson/UM, C/O 1986

Fort Walton Beach-Danny Wuerffel/Florida, C/O 1991

Miramar-Geno Smith/West Virginia, C/O 2008

Nease-Tim Tebow/Florida, C/O 2005

*****Northwestern-Teddy Bridgewater/Louisville, C/O 2011 

*****Vanguard-Daunte Culpepper/UCF, C/O 1994

Westminster Academy-Danny Kanell/FSU, C/O 1991

Are you SURE those are the best that FLAAAWDA has produced? They ain't even better than crappy lil Jawja's, with Cam Newton and Fran Tarkenton!