Coach Justin Rogers talks Colquitt football tonight, and no doubt the game against Columbia Lake City!

ORabidOne

21 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Colquitt is overrated!

Says a denizen of a state who wouldn't have a top 100 power, without MASSIVE transfers! Keep in mind we were NOT overrated in 2016, when we missed three short FG's, losing to USA TODAY #10 American Heritage, 17-14! Colquitt finished 8-5 that season! We also beat 10-2 Tampa Plant, 40-8! But you boys are just like jackasses! You hafta hit you upside the coconut, to get your attention! BUT HEY, you girls have TWO chances to walk da WALK, instead of talking da talk!

7 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Says a denizen of a state who wouldn't have a top 100 power, without MASSIVE transfers! Keep in mind we were NOT overrated in 2016, when we missed three short FG's, losing to USA TODAY #10 American Heritage, 17-14! Colquitt finished 8-5 that season! We also beat 10-2 Tampa Plant, 40-8! But you boys are just like jackasses! You hafta hit you upside the coconut, to get your attention! BUT HEY, you girls have TWO chances to walk da WALK, instead of talking da talk!

Colquitt also lost the first FOUR games of the season that year, including a 34-3 smack down from Roswell. What exactly are those chance you're talking about?

That was a pretty bad Plant team. But Coldcutt did whoop that ass for sure. Coldcutt is a very good program. Right up, there, IMO, with the Miami Centrals of the world. About as good as you can get from a public school perspective without being a super-recruited juggernaut.

It wasn't so much a "bad Plant team," as it was a Plant team trying to figure out in its first game of the season who its QB was going to be and what it's identity was going to be for the 2015 season.   In the last game of the last 7 on 7 tournament that summer, the Plant coaches decided to give some QB work to the 2nd or 3rd string QB.   That part was fine; the part about letting the starting QB play WR didn't turn out so well.  Returning senior starting QB and Syracuse commit Rex Culpepper got tangled up with a DB on an under-thrown ball and tore his ACL.  Out for the season.   For the first few games of the season, including Game 1 against Colquitt, Plant rotated in three different QB's (including Rex's younger brother, Judge, who had played QB for the JV team, but ended up making his mark as a DT and a TE).  Toward the middle of the season, they were rotating between two QB's and ultimately, by the end of the season, had found their identity with the kid who then held onto the job the following year. 

So, while it wasn't one of their better teams over the last 10-15 years (and, arguably, one of their worst), it's hard to call them a "bad team." 

The other point I'll make about Plant is that, historically, they are slow starters.   They like to play tough games toward the beginning of the season to identify their strengths and weaknesses.  It's not all that uncommon for Plant to schedule a tough out-of-state opponent on the road (like Abilene, TX, John C. Curtis, New Orleans, or Colquitt, GA, in past years . . . or like USA Today's Pre-season #17 Gonzaga this year).  And typically they play Armwood early in the season, as they do this year (Week 1), after playing the KOC against a strong opponent (like Venice last year and again this year).  So, yeah, they may take their lumps early in the season, but historically, the lessons that they learn pay off in district play and playoff time. 

All that having been said, Colquitt thumped Plant in 2015, although I'm not sure that has a whole lot to do with 2019. 

23 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:13 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Colquitt also lost the first FOUR games of the season that year, including a 34-3 smack down from Roswell. What exactly are those chance you're talking about?

Which goes to show the comparative strengths of the two states! WE also beat 6A State Champion Valdosta, 45-24, while NFL Network was filming a six part series on the MIGHTY CATS! OUR win over them, was comparable to Chandler, Ariz. win over Valdosta, in the State Champions Challenge in Tejas that season! As I reiterated previously, THIS was our weakest team since 2008, Coach ProPst's maiden voyage. Directly after lil Timmy Chokely of NFC fame, attempted to send the Packer program back into the STONE AGE!!

26 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Which goes to show the comparative strengths of the two states! WE also beat 6A State Champion Valdosta, 45-24, while NFL Network was filming a six part series on the MIGHTY CATS! OUR win over them, was comparable to Chandler, Ariz. win over Valdosta, in the State Champions Challenge in Tejas that season! As I reiterated previously, THIS was our weakest team since 2008, Coach ProPst's maiden voyage. Directly after lil Timmy Chokely of NFC fame, attempted to send the Packer program back into the STONE AGE!!

You didn’t answer my question. What are our 2 chances to walk the walk instead of talk the talk?

On 8/9/2019 at 5:13 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

What part about 2016 being our weakest team in a DECADE, don't you understand?

On 8/9/2019 at 10:22 AM, Perspective said:

It wasn't so much a "bad Plant team," as it was a Plant team trying to figure out in its first game of the season who its QB was going to be and what it's identity was going to be for the 2015 season.   In the last game of the last 7 on 7 tournament that summer, the Plant coaches decided to give some QB work to the 2nd or 3rd string QB.   That part was fine; the part about letting the starting QB play WR didn't turn out so well.  Returning senior starting QB and Syracuse commit Rex Culpepper got tangled up with a DB on an under-thrown ball and tore his ACL.  Out for the season.   For the first few games of the season, including Game 1 against Colquitt, Plant rotated in three different QB's (including Rex's younger brother, Judge, who had played QB for the JV team, but ended up making his mark as a DT and a TE).  Toward the middle of the season, they were rotating between two QB's and ultimately, by the end of the season, had found their identity with the kid who then held onto the job the following year. 

So, while it wasn't one of their better teams over the last 10-15 years (and, arguably, one of their worst), it's hard to call them a "bad team." 

The other point I'll make about Plant is that, historically, they are slow starters.   They like to play tough games toward the beginning of the season to identify their strengths and weaknesses.  It's not all that uncommon for Plant to schedule a tough out-of-state opponent on the road (like Abilene, TX, John C. Curtis, New Orleans, or Colquitt, GA, in past years . . . or like USA Today's Pre-season #17 Gonzaga this year).  And typically they play Armwood early in the season, as they do this year (Week 1), after playing the KOC against a strong opponent (like Venice last year and again this year).  So, yeah, they may take their lumps early in the season, but historically, the lessons that they learn pay off in district play and playoff time. 

All that having been said, Colquitt thumped Plant in 2015, although I'm not sure that has a whole lot to do with 2019. 

They used ALL of their QB's! And that was the same excuse that Norcross could have used, when Miami Central whacked um in 2013. They had just gotten twenty five transfers(many who would start) that summer, prior to the game! And their having virtually no loyalty to the school at that time, got down 21-0 on two pick sixes and FOLDED like a cheap suit!

And if Colquitt ever started slowly, they'd have a LOOONG year, since nine of their ten opponents, made the quarterfinals or better, in 2018! And about 2015! Colquitt's ONLY college prospect at RB, was placed in the big house for taking part in a murder, in July! But we ADAPTED, and finished at the top of the pile, in two national polls! But having the greatest coach in America at that time, didn't hurt a bit! People on the national scene, after five years, still can't wrap their head around the fact that a PUBLIC high school in a county of 46,000, doesn't recruit! HELL, if we even used our entire student body, we would be SCARY GOOD! 90% of our roster is comprised of students making up 25% of the enrollment. Essentially, a AAA enrollment, athletically! The other 75% either doesn't go out for sports of any kind, or plays baseball or soccer!

On 8/9/2019 at 7:38 AM, 181pl said:

That was a pretty bad Plant team. But Coldcutt did whoop that ass for sure. Coldcutt is a very good program. Right up, there, IMO, with the Miami Centrals of the world. About as good as you can get from a public school perspective without being a super-recruited juggernaut.

We don't NEED no stinkin recruits! WE have six power five players minimum, and ALL are homegrown! And we have two starting in the NFL, from our last nine squads.(Jamyius Pittman(UCF and Dolphins) and Cameron Erving!(FSU and Chiefs)

On 8/9/2019 at 7:38 AM, 181pl said:

I knew that beatdown was coming when Plant's team bus left at 1:00 PM for the 5.5 hour bus ride.

WELL, our new dumbass principal from Milton, (metro ATL)won't give permission for our team to travel the day before, if the game is more than two hours away! And Coach ProPst had always said, that any team that travels more than 100 miles on gameday, doesn't operate at full capacity! Coach Rogers travelled 200 miles with HIS former team last season on game day! And Bainbridge handed their fifth ranked Jones Co. team it's ass in a handbasket!

I'm guessing it's less than 3 hours from Colquitt to Lake City.  That's doable.  Leave early, perhaps stop off in Tallahassee for a pre-game meal, and then complete the journey to Lake City.  Again, I would think that's doable.  Teams do that all the time, especially for playoffs.  I'm I were an administrator, I probably wouldn't approve a stayover.  But, you've set up a good excuse if Colquitt ends up losing.  B)

27 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I'm guessing it's less than 3 hours from Colquitt to Lake City.  That's doable.  Leave early, perhaps stop off in Tallahassee for a pre-game meal, and then complete the journey to Lake City.  Again, I would think that's doable.  Teams do that all the time, especially for playoffs.  I'm I were an administrator, I probably wouldn't approve a stayover.  But, you've set up a good excuse if Colquitt ends up losing.  B)

2 of most impressive road wins by Columbia over past few years were 3+ hour travels

Apopka 2016

IMG 2018

If Colquitt loses the travel excuse is nonsense Because if we can travel and win so can they

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

It wasn't meant to BE an excuse! It's FACT, played out in over thirty years of coaching experience, by our former head dude! A LOT of little things, translate into W's! We stomped Lowndes in 2015, because of ONE factor, BALL CONDITION in a wet environment, and I'll leave it at that! Proper preparation often makes ALL the difference between winning and losing!

On 8/9/2019 at 10:22 AM, Perspective said:

SOUNDS good about starting SLOOOOWLY BUT! After we lit um UP, they ran off a nine out of ten win streak, with their only loss being 21-3 to Armwood! Ending the season with a 21-11 loss in the playoffs to Lakeland! But if you haven't heard, we were BAD to da BONE in 2015! Culminating our 30-0 run, with the National Championship! That team had seven players playing for Power Five programs! And their BEST player, Ty Lee, is the all time leading receiver at Middle Tennessee State! Where he WOULD have been a force in the SEC, had he just had the measurables that those computers LUUUUUV! He was Anquan Boldinesque at WR!

On 8/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

2 of most impressive road wins by Columbia over past few years were 3+ hour travels

Apopka 2016

IMG 2018

If Colquitt loses the travel excuse is nonsense Because if we can travel and win so can they

and both games didn't count.  Just like this one

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Point was if a team prepares themselves properly then they should be able to win a road game regardless of how much travel is involved

no you just like to point out you beat Apopka and IMG (in games that didn't count).  I agree 3 hours of travel is not an excuse.  However it is a factor but nothing monumental that you can't overcome it.  

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

no you just like to point out you beat Apopka and IMG (in games that didn't count).  I agree 3 hours of travel is not an excuse.  However it is a factor but nothing monumental that you can't overcome it.  

Didn't say it wasn't a factor

But it shouldn't be a excuse for losing