Columbia 2019 Schedule

DisabledAccount

Colquitt County:

While this may only be a preseason game I'm looking to see how much fight columbia has in them against one of the toughest teams in Southeast United States, this isn't a bunch of premadonas like IMG academy who will have players transfer if they can't get a starting job at another school

Colquitt County is a program of kids who have played together going back to pop Warner just like Columbia, these programs have many similarities in how they are built up and I expect a very interesting matchup and clash here and I personally hope this game becomes a regular thing for the 2 programs 

In terms of preseason games it don't get much better than this up in North Florida and should be a great game to prepare for the season

Trinity Christian 

Trinity Christian and Columbia have argubly been 2 of strongest pound for pound teams in Northeast FL recently and their battle in Jacksonville last year showed how little separation there was with these teams, Trinity Christian may very well have the best secondary in Jacksonville and one of the best in North Florida so Columbia will have to be careful when passing the ball and may be better served trying to run the ball in this game to grind out yards and maintain momentum in this matchup 

For Columbia to defeat Trinity Christian they will have to limit their scoring opportunities by playing good defense and avoid turnovers (Columbia turned it over 4 times in last year 1 point loss to TCA)

I'll add the other games as I go

Oakleaf

This will be the first roadtrip of the season for Columbia as they travel to face Oakleaf, last year Oakleaf started 5-1 before dropping 5 in a row to end the season, Oakleaf should present a fair challenge and have one of top pass rushers in North Florida however if Columbia limits the turnovers I personally feel they should be able to defeat Oakleaf with a comfortable margin though this game should be close for at least a half a game

AA Christian Academy

Not much to say about this game other than it's a first year program against a established and talented program

Columbia should be up 40+ by halftime and cruise to a running clock finish and get some backups playing time likely for entire second half 

Pine Forest

This will be first ever regular season meeting between Pine Forest and Columbia

The only previous meeting was 1988 playoffs when nationally ranked Pine Forest defeated Columbia 47-6

This meeting should be much more competitive and potentially a different outcome, this will be one of Columbia biggest challenges of the season but they should be fresh and healthy by week 4 and this should give them a good win heading into the bye week and 2 weeks to prepare for Columbia's rival

Gainesville

In what will be the first of a 3 game road stand Columbia will travel to play their district opener in a furious Rivalry against bordering county rival Gainesville over at Citizens Field which despite being a tough environment is one that Columbia is very familiar with and has a lot of success winning at 

Coming off the bye week i expect Columbia to batter Gainesville with tough defense and light up their secondary like they have done past 2 seasons and cruise to a convincing win before heading into the tougher 2 matchups in the road stand

Madison County

From one rivalry in a tough place to play to another much tougher place to play as Columbia will be on game 2 of the road stand as they travel to Boot Hill for what should be a war between 2 of the most physical teams in North Florida

Last time in Boot Hill the game was a bloodbath and it should be a repeat this time around, Except for the outcome

I feel Columbia experiences at Boot Hill 2 years ago helps them as they get their first win in Madison in over 50 years 

Lee

And for the final game in the 3 game road stand it comes to district rival Lee in "The Backyard" the last 2 visits to Lee haven't went well for Columbia as both times Columbia offense went flat and Columbia was unable to solve the Noodle puzzle

This time around they won't have Noodle and they don't have Sapp and Taz

Lee lost their 2 biggest weapons from last year and will be starting a decent but inexperienced QB while Columbia will have a senior QB who already proved he was capable of beating Lee

Lee does have a very strong secondary and a stud pass rusher in Mercy but the offense will likely take a step back and Columbia is a more complete team as long as they are healthy when they play

Columbia takes the win here to head into their toughest opponent on the schedule with a 7-0 record

Atlantic Delray Beach

A very interesting matchup that filled the final opening of columbia schedule and will be the first ever matchup between Columbia and Palm Beach County in their 100+ year history

Atlantic may very well be the strongest regular season game Columbia has had since the Tim Tebow led Nease team in 05 that won a state title

As much as I would love a upset here and I am pulling for Columbia but this likely will be loss #1 of the year for Columbia but could it be the only loss in 2019? Stay tuned

Middleburg

Coming off the loss to Atlantic, Columbia will travel to Middleburg for their district finale with hopes of district sweep and back to back district titles at stake and sorry @Joshua Wilson but I'm thinking your alma mater gonna drop to 0-15 in the all time series when Columbia running clocks Middleburg to sweep their district competition (all 3 on the road too)

North Marion

Columbia returns hope with a district championship to celebrate homecoming and senior night on this night against the defending 5a runner ups North Marion

North Marion is a well run program and very tough opponent and should serve as a good way to get ready for the playoffs as they will be ready to test us 

Though I feel Columbia will look to redeem the loss from 2 weeks earlier and win for homecoming and finish 9-1 heading into playoffs and lock up the #1 seed in the 6A North 

(Note I never said my prediction for Colquitt nor will I)

Glad to see your back bro missed ya; words of future advice always be you,never be ashamed of being you, enjoy being you. 

Life has its agrees and disagree but you take it and move forward. 

As as far as your schedule goes tho it’s decent and with us finally both in the same class hopefully our teams can clash; as far as record prediction tho I say you guys finish 7-3 with loses to TCA Atlantic && Colquit ...With Two Possible Loses to Madison & Lee Which Are Both Away Games. 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Glad to see your back bro missed ya; words of future advice always be you,never be ashamed of being you, enjoy being you. 

Life has its agrees and disagree but you take it and move forward. 

As as far as your schedule goes tho it’s decent and with us finally both in the same class hopefully our teams can clash; as far as record prediction tho I say you guys finish 7-3 with loses to TCA Atlantic && Colquit ...With Two Possible Loses to Madison & Lee Which Are Both Away Games. 

Well the Colquitt game wouldn't count for record but I agree with them, TCA and Atlantic being toughest games on there

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

AA Christian Academy

Not much to say about this game other than it's a first year program against a established and talented program

Columbia should be up 40+ by halftime and cruise to a running clock finish and get some backups playing time likely for entire second half 

After a tough four game stretch, AA Christian Academy rolls into Lake City with bad intentions. Could be a trap game. LOL