Future of Broward publics bright?

954gator

Plantation defeats Chaminade Madonna 24-14 

Deerfield Beach defeats Cardinal Gibbons 14-0 

Both games played for a half.   

My thought on this is that we all know a lot of kids that play youth together or 7v7 have always wanted to play with their friends.   The issue is they could only really do that at the privates.   Now that they can do that at the public schools will the football scene in Broward return to what it was up until the early 2000s??

Look at Western.    Looking more and more like they will become the next "Flanagan".  

19 minutes ago, 954gator said:

My thought on this is that we all know a lot of kids that play youth together or 7v7 have always wanted to play with their friends.   The issue is they could only really do that at the privates.   Now that they can do that at the public schools will the football scene in Broward return to what it was up until the early 2000s??

Look at Western.    Looking more and more like they will become the next "Flanagan".  

HC Steve Davis of Plantation has more tenure at his school than any other coach in south FL.  The Colonels have the potential to be a powerhouse, like they were in the past.  Maybe the kids are starting to realize their are options beyond the privates.

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

When we’re those games played ? && how did I miss it lol. 

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

& if western is the new Flanagan then that means their gonna fall hard soon lol jkjk 

25 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So it wasn’t KOC ? && what is a officially scrimmage and who all participate?

No, officials scrimmages

Basically they are a series of half games the week before KOC games where the referees get some practice working a game to get ready for the season

Most the time they are non contact scrimmages and teams may play multiple teams, like one time Columbia played 5 teams in one scrimmage 

Really not much different than 7v7 events but with running allowed 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No, officials scrimmages

Basically they are a series of half games the week before KOC games where the referees get some practice working a game to get ready for the season

Most the time they are non contact scrimmages and teams may play multiple teams, like one time Columbia played 5 teams in one scrimmage 

Really not much different than 7v7 events but with running allowed 

So the scores and results are relatively flawed & useless 

They were 100% live, but only a half game. They have them every year in Dade-Broward. Not sure this year, but were held at FIU for a bit. County invites teams. 12 this year.  Yes, some Broward Public schools are benefiting from the transferring and can now compete with privates, but overall it is hurting Broward. More teams are falling apart and instead of having a bunch of competitive games you see more blowouts.  Flanagan is a great example of an end result of what you get with these transfers. Do you really want to see a bunch of teams turn onto that or 7 games that aren't even worth watching on your schedule.

2 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

They were 100% live, but only a half game. They have them every year in Dade-Broward. Not sure this year, but were held at FIU for a bit. County invites teams. 12 this year.  Yes, some Broward Public schools are benefiting from the transferring and can now compete with privates, but overall it is hurting Broward. More teams are falling apart and instead of having a bunch of competitive games you see more blowouts.  Flanagan is a great example of an end result of what you get with these transfers. Do you really want to see a bunch of teams turn onto that or 7 games that aren't even worth watching on your schedule.

Right that’s why I’m so glad In a sense Dillard haven’t tried to overnight success like Flanagan or Chaminade ...weneva we have a breakthrough and become that serious powerhouse it’s gonna b well deserved

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Right that’s why I’m so glad In a sense Dillard haven’t tried to overnight success like Flanagan or Chaminade ...weneva we have a breakthrough and become that serious powerhouse it’s gonna b well deserved

Flanagan wasn't built on transfers, they were built up because they had one hell of a good class come up through the youth system and they all went to Flanagan

Now it may be fair to say that transfers destroyed the program but transfers didn't build it 

17 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

& if western is the new Flanagan then that means their gonna fall hard soon lol jkjk 

Haha I just meant a team that kind of rises fast.    Honestly though Western has been pretty decent so it wouldn't be as big of a rise IMO.  Flanagan used to be a literal bottom of the barrel team for a pretty long time. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Flanagan wasn't built on transfers, they were built up because they had one hell of a good class come up through the youth system and they all went to Flanagan

Now it may be fair to say that transfers destroyed the program but transfers didn't build it 

Yeah but I'd be willing to bet most of these Western kids played together on those nasty 15u 7v7 defcon teams.    

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Yeah but I'd be willing to bet most of these Western kids played together on those nasty 15u 7v7 defcon teams.    

I don't doubt that

But the core of that Flanagan team who won state in 2015 was loaded in 4 year players at the school, sure they may have gotten a few transfers but they certainly weren't built with transfers

Between the 2016 and 2017 seasons Flanagan had 13 coaches and countless D1 players transfer out, that's why they fell apart 

That was one single off-season and a contender went to the cellar, one of quickest collapses I've ever seen

They had the foundation completely pulled out from under them and the other schools in SFL who picked up those studs benefited from it 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't doubt that

But the core of that Flanagan team who won state in 2015 was loaded in 4 year players at the school, sure they may have gotten a few transfers but they certainly weren't built with transfers

Between the 2016 and 2017 seasons Flanagan had 13 coaches and countless D1 players transfer out, that's why they fell apart 

That was one single off-season and a contender went to the cellar, one of quickest collapses I've ever seen

They had the foundation completely pulled out from under them and the other schools in SFL who picked up those studs benefited from it 

But to be fair they were a cellar team prior to that class.   Western has been decent for a little bit.  

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

But to be fair they were a cellar team prior to that class.   Western has been decent for a little bit.  

They aren't that old a school though

From 2004-2008 they finished below .500 but that's normal for a startup program until they get some foundation built up

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/flanagan-falcons-(pembroke-pines,fl)/football/records/year_by_year_results.htm

From 2009 to 2016 they didn't finish below .500 any year and until the huge exodus they were not that bad a team

I personally don't view them as a cellar team, until past 2 seasons at least