The Most Consistent Programs of the Past 15 Seasons

OldSchoolLion

Notice a trend amongst these programs and their head coaches of today/the past?

American Heritage Plantation-Byron Walker

Apopka-Rick Darlington

Bishop Moore-Matt Hedrick

Bolles-Corky Rogers

Cocoa-John Wilkinson

Columbus-Chris Merritt

Dwyer-Jack Daniels

Lakeland-Bill Castle

Naples-Bill Kramer

Niceville-John Hicks

St Thomas Aquinas-George Smith

Wakulla-Scott Klees

5 minutes ago, 181pl said:

In the past 14 seasons, Plant has had only 2 two-loss regular seasons, 6 state title appearances, 4 titles, and 13 straight district championships and they don't make the list? Very suspect. 

The requirements were clearly stated though

Columbia for example has only had one losing season since 1987 but that came in 2008 which was within the window he presented 

In fact all but 1 of those seasons besides the 08 season when we went   4-6  was at .500 (5-5 in 2005)

So in last 32 years, 30 of them were 6 wins or better 

If we had the all time records of every team i would be curious how many in FL would have a better stretch than that 

8 minutes ago, 181pl said:

In the past 14 seasons, Plant has had only 2 two-loss regular seasons, 6 state title appearances, 4 titles, and 13 straight district championships and they don't make the list? Very suspect. 

The list is not a measure of titles.  And 15 years is a nice round number for trending.    

2005- 8-2- Lost in second round to Armwood, so 9-3 overall

2006- 10-0- 15-0 state champions

2007- 9-1. 11-2 overall, lost to Armwood in 3rd round

2008- 9-1 regular season. 14-1 state champions

2009- 8-1 regular season. 13-1 state champs

2010- 8-2 regular season. Lost in final. 12-3

2011- 10-0 regular season. 15-0 state champs

2012- 9-1 regular season. Lost in 2nd round 10-2

2013- 9-0-1. Lost in 4th round. 12-1-1.

2014- 9-1. Lost in second round. 10-2.

2015- 9-1. Lost in second round. 10-2.

2016- 9-0. Lost in final 13-1.

2017- 9-1 regular season. Lost in 4th round. 12-2.

2018- 9-1 regular season. Lost in 4th round. 12-2.

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The requirements were clearly stated though

Columbia for example has only had one losing season since 1987 but that came in 2008 which was within the window he presented 

In fact all but 1 of those seasons besides the 08 season when we went   4-6  was at .500 (5-5 in 2005)

So in last 32 years, 30 of them were 6 wins or better 

If we had the all time records of every team i would be curious how many in FL would have a better stretch than that 

Stop with Columbia. No titles in 52 years. I remember them making a title game around 2000ish, however.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Stop with Columbia. No titles in 52 years. I remember them making a title game around 2000ish, however.

This thread ain't about titles 

It's about consistency 

You talk up plant and Armwood every year like they are powerhouses but every time they face a powerhouse what happens?

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

BTW, 4 of those "regular season" losses are to OOS powerhouses. John Curtis, Colquitt, Lowndes (OK, at the time good, but not a "power") and Abilene (defending state champs; close game); OOS wins are BC, John Paul; a tie in Georgia as well.

Surprised John Curtis would play a powerhouse like plant, they didn't seem to want to face anyone good from FL when offered this year 

I know of 2 potential contenders in their respective class in FL that John Curtis could have played but completely dodged 

13 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Notice a trend amongst these programs and their head coaches of today/the past?

American Heritage Plantation-Byron Walker

Apopka-Rick Darlington

Bishop Moore-Matt Hedrick

Bolles-Corky Rogers

Cocoa-John Wilkinson

Columbus-Chris Merritt

Dwyer-Jack Daniels

Lakeland-Bill Castle

Naples-Bill Kramer

Niceville-John Hicks

St Thomas Aquinas-George Smith

Wakulla-Scott Klees

157-20 for Plant in 14 years. 160 and 27 for 15 years (3-7 2004 season counted); All Robert Weiner. Still better than Wakulla. So what's your criteria?

On 8/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Relatively few programs have had winning seasons(finished with more wins than losses) EACH of the past 15 seasons.  These are the teams that arguably reload better than any other programs of the modern era.  Who are the teams?  I did consider forfeits in this exercise.  If not for forfeits, Armwood and Miami Central would make the list.

Lakeland     179-19 (90%)

St Thomas     195-24 (89%)

Bolles     173-28 (86%)

Dwyer     164-31 (84%)

Naples     154-30 (84%)

Cocoa     161-35 (82%)

American Heritage Plantation     149-36 (81%)

Columbus     148-37 (80%)

Apopka      154-43 (78%)

Bishop Moore     139-41 (77%)

Wakulla     130-44 (75%)

Niceville     131-45 (74%)

North FL Christian     132-48 (73%)

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

157-20 for Plant in 14 years. 160 and 27 for 15 years (3-7 2004 season counted); All Robert Weiner. Still better than Wakulla. So what's your criteria?

On 8/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Relatively few programs have had winning seasons(finished with more wins than losses) EACH of the past 15 seasons.  These are the teams that arguably reload better than any other programs of the modern era.  Who are the teams?  I did consider forfeits in this exercise.  If not for forfeits, Armwood and Miami Central would make the list.

Lakeland     179-19 (90%)

St Thomas     195-24 (89%)

Bolles     173-28 (86%)

Dwyer     164-31 (84%)

Naples     154-30 (84%)

Cocoa     161-35 (82%)

American Heritage Plantation     149-36 (81%)

Columbus     148-37 (80%)

Apopka      154-43 (78%)

Bishop Moore     139-41 (77%)

Wakulla     130-44 (75%)

Niceville     131-45 (74%)

North FL Christian     132-48 (73%)

Where would Central and Armwood be without forfeits?  Just curious. 

10 hours ago, 181pl said:

Plant has gotten kudos and "made the list" in a number of my threads, ie below, and the fact that it didn't make the cut for one set of criteria does not take away from its accomplishments.  I thought it was nice to find a way to recognize a program like Wakulla, that does not typically get mentioned much on this forum.   

FYI-Manatee and Trinity Christian also just missed the list, along with Plant.