Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

Top 30 Games of This Week

Recommended Posts

NORTH FL
Wakulla @ Eufaula (AL)
Godby @ Lincoln
Trinity Christian @ Columbia
University Christian @ Bolles
Jones @ Raines
Lee @ Bartram Trail
 
CENTRAL FL
Rockledge @ Ware County (GA)
AH Delray @ Vero Beach
Viera @ Cocoa
Deland @ Mainland
Edgewater @ Bishop Moore
Dr Phillips @ Seminole
Wekiva @ Winter Park
IMG @ Venice
Lakeland @ Manatee
Naples @ Sarasota Riverview
Pinellas Park @ Palmetto
Plant City @ Jesuit
Plant @ Armwood
Chamberlain @ Tampa Bay Tech
CCC @ Berkeley Prep
 
SOUTH FL
Atlantic @ PB Central
University School @ Pahokee
St Thomas Aquinas @ De LaSalle
Norland @ Miramar
Southridge @ St John's (DC)
ST Frances (MD) @ Miami Central
Cardinal Gibbons @ Northwestern
Deerfield Beach @ Carol City
Columbus vs Belen Jesuit
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:
...for those who would like to plan for next week...decisions, decisions.  Please correct me if any of these are wrong.
 
NORTH FL
Wakulla @ Eufaula (AL)
Godby @ Lincoln
Trinity Christian @ Columbia
University Christian @ Bolles
Jones @ Raines
Lee @ Bartram Trail
 
CENTRAL FL
Rockledge @ Ware County (GA)
AH Delray @ Vero Beach
Viera @ Cocoa
Deland @ Mainland
Edgewater @ Bishop Moore
Dr Phillips @ Seminole
Wekiva @ Winter Park
IMG @ Venice
Lakeland @ Manatee
Naples @ Sarasota Riverview
Pinellas Park @ Palmetto
Plant City @ Jesuit
Plant @ Armwood
Chamberlain @ Tampa Bay Tech
CCC @ Berkeley Prep
 
SOUTH FL
Atlantic @ PB Central
University School @ Pahokee
St Thomas Aquinas @ De LaSalle
Norland @ Miramar
Southridge @ St John's (DC)
ST Frances (MD) @ Miami Central
Cardinal Gibbons @ Northwestern
Deerfield Beach @ Carol City
Columbus vs Belen Jesuit

IMG at Venice is going To be about as interesting as watching Mike Tyson take on a 3 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Lmao that’s all me being an optimistic idiot, Venice has 0 chance at beating this team

If you all think Venice is good enough to get back to state champs you should be able to hold your own with IMG

 

Btw Lakeland is best FL team of 2019 not IMG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you all think Venice is good enough to get back to state champs you should be able to hold your own with IMG

 

Btw Lakeland is best FL team of 2019 not IMG

Venice isn’t getting back to states with Aquinas in the way

Lakeland would be a better matchup for IMG than Venice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7A Atlantic begins its season as it has the past 2 seasons...versus 8A PB Central.  Each of those games were relatively low-scoring affairs and each team won once.  Atlantic won last year 14-0.  Except for their 1-point loss in 2017, Atlantic has dominated the series.  In its kickoff classic, Atlantic surprised Deerfield Beach.  PBC got blown out by Northwestern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 7:24 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you all think Venice is good enough to get back to state champs you should be able to hold your own with IMG

 

Btw Lakeland is best FL team of 2019 not IMG

hasn't seen either team play but makes this statement with conviction.  Comical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 6:22 PM, OldSchoolLion said:
NORTH FL
Wakulla @ Eufaula (AL)
Godby @ Lincoln
Trinity Christian @ Columbia
University Christian @ Bolles
Jones @ Raines
Lee @ Bartram Trail
 
CENTRAL FL
Rockledge @ Ware County (GA)
AH Delray @ Vero Beach
Viera @ Cocoa
Deland @ Mainland
Edgewater @ Bishop Moore
Dr Phillips @ Seminole
Wekiva @ Winter Park
IMG @ Venice
Lakeland @ Manatee
Naples @ Sarasota Riverview
Pinellas Park @ Palmetto
Plant City @ Jesuit
Plant @ Armwood
Chamberlain @ Tampa Bay Tech
CCC @ Berkeley Prep
 
SOUTH FL
Atlantic @ PB Central
University School @ Pahokee
St Thomas Aquinas @ De LaSalle
Norland @ Miramar
Southridge @ St John's (DC)
ST Frances (MD) @ Miami Central
Cardinal Gibbons @ Northwestern
Deerfield Beach @ Carol City
Columbus vs Belen Jesuit
 
 

PB Central is DOWN...Atlantic will roll. That game should not be included.

Monsignor Pace @ Heritage Plantation HAS to be added. Long-time OC for AHP goes back home as the HC of Pace, and his team is LOADED!! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SFL SPY said:

PB Central is DOWN...Atlantic will roll. That game should not be included.

Monsignor Pace @ Heritage Plantation HAS to be added. Long-time OC for AHP goes back home as the HC of Pace, and his team is LOADED!! 

 

 

Appreciate the suggestions.  Funny, I was just reading up on Pace this morning after seeing how they blasted Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badbird said:

hasn't seen either team play but makes this statement with conviction.  Comical

I make the statement with conviction because I'm certain of it

 

IMG has not had a team as good as 2016 the last 2 years and that will continue this year

 

On top of that Lakeland is loaded, clear-cut number 1 team in FL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 6:53 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG at Venice is going To be about as interesting as watching Mike Tyson take on a 3 year old.

Why do you think Venice is weak this year? You bring back 2 very capable running back and your leading wide receiver. Graduated a lot on defense but also have some decent guys coming back. May not win state but Venice will make it to the semi's at least. In my humble opinion.

And I see you have a transfer coming in at QB... Mister Overstreet I believe... How can that be a problem?

Plus, Venice has an above average coach so that will be a big plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5A Rockledge, coming off one of its best seasons in years, travels to south Georgia to take on an always solid 5A Ware County Gators team.  In terms of student population, these two schools are close in numbers...each around 1500.  Last year, Ware County blasted a completely outmatched Pine Ridge team.  And back in 2014, Ware County beat Manatee 23-7.  Hopefully the Raiders can give the Gators a good fight.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Rockledge, coming off one of its best seasons in years, travels to south Georgia to take on an always solid 5A Ware County Gators team.  In terms of student population, these two schools are close in numbers...each around 1500.  Last year, Ware County blasted a completely outmatched Pine Ridge team.  And back in 2014, Ware County beat Manatee 23-7.  Hopefully the Raiders can give the Gators a good fight.   

 

Raiders have some talent... It should be a fun game. Not sure they win but wouldn't be surprised. Go Rock.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Why do you think Venice is weak this year? You bring back 2 very capable running back and your leading wide receiver. Graduated a lot on defense but also have some decent guys coming back. May not win state but Venice will make it to the semi's at least. In my humble opinion.

And I see you have a transfer coming in at QB... Mister Overstreet I believe... How can that be a problem?

Plus, Venice has an above average coach so that will be a big plus. 

Venice played IMG in 2017 with a loaded roster. We had one of the best WRs in the country and a defense that held STA to only 20 that year. We got blasted at home, 38-12.

Venice is a good football team. I am an alumnus of the school and I’ve seen them play well but they just don’t have the elite speed that teams like IMG and STA bring to the table. Venice got killed in 2018 by Vero Beach and Aquinas because of team speed. Things like speedy wide receivers and even running backs gave Venice fits behind the line of scrimmage. Secondary play was a big issue last year. Don’t kid yourselves. I know I’ve said some really stupid things in defense of my team, but I’m taking off the green and white glasses this time.

IMG wins this game by 17 or more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Venice fan is playing games with you all. A bit of a Lou Holtz routine. Actually, you could say a bit of a Bill Castle routine :P

IMG's summer free agency efforts probably resulted in a greater haul than Venice's. So, IMG is loaded once again. But, the tricky, up-tempo simple spread offense of Venice may be able to give IMG problems. It's an offense built to score a bunch of points and get a bunch of yards even when the defense they face is a lot more talented than them. Now, having the Lakeland Christian transfer who can sling it, they may be better suited to challenge IMG than the 2017 team. Carpenter wasn't much of a passer outside of the great chemistry he had with Haleigh (sp?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, skyway said:

Our Venice fan is playing games with you all. A bit of a Lou Holtz routine. Actually, you could say a bit of a Bill Castle routine :P

IMG's summer free agency efforts probably resulted in a greater haul than Venice's. So, IMG is loaded once again. But, the tricky, up-tempo simple spread offense of Venice may be able to give IMG problems. It's an offense built to score a bunch of points and get a bunch of yards even when the defense they face is a lot more talented than them. Now, having the Lakeland Christian transfer who can sling it, they may be better suited to challenge IMG than the 2017 team. Carpenter wasn't much of a passer outside of the great chemistry he had with Haleigh (sp?).

If Venice wins this game I’ll eat My words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I make the statement with conviction because I'm certain of it

 

IMG has not had a team as good as 2016 the last 2 years and that will continue this year

 

On top of that Lakeland is loaded, clear-cut number 1 team in FL

Once again comical.  Not saying you might not be right but you have no idea how good IMG will be.  Glad you are confident that the team that has been the best in Florida the last 4 years won't be this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, badbird said:

Once again comical.  Not saying you might not be right but you have no idea how good IMG will be.  Glad you are confident that the team that has been the best in Florida the last 4 years won't be this year.  

LMAO 

 

The best "win" from FL last year for IMG was against a 5-5 team in regular season in MNW

 

Who's to say they would have beaten Lakeland who was playing lights out come playoff time??

 

There wasn't many impressive wins on IMG schedule last year, 2016 or 2017 may have a argument because those teams beat some powerhouses but I didn't see any powerhouses that IMG beat last year and I would take Flanagan, STA, Miami Central or even Osceola over IMG in 2015 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, badbird said:

Once again comical.  Not saying you might not be right but you have no idea how good IMG will be.  Glad you are confident that the team that has been the best in Florida the last 4 years won't be this year.  

Ik they not as good as their 2016 team and that's all I need to feel confident that Lakeland will be better than IMG this year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

So you think Venice is going to win this week? 

That depends

 

If Venice is good enough to beat IMG I would like their chances against STA down the line, it is at Venice so that's one plus for them

 

I think of Venice can avoid turnovers and pick and choose the right spots they got a shot at it but if I had to put money I probably would go IMG even though I don't feel IMG is this invincible machine this year that people seem to think and I already publically picked IMG to lose this year at least once 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×