A lot of south Florida games could be rained/thunderd out the next 2 weeks

THIS_IS_DILLARD

6 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

True indeed, although I am sure you are aged enough to remember when football season didnt start until after Labor Day lol.  Football is technically year round now anyway.

Yep.   The new leather helmets always arrived on the Tuesday after Labor Day.  B)

And while football may be a "year round" sport, the kids are typically wearing shorts pants and t-shirts during the summer months.  They tell me this is a tad bit cooler than when they put on pads and helmets.  And, more to the point of this thread, the thunder storms and heavy rains start to taper down a bit as we get into September.   I guess we should be thankful that it's "just rain" and not a hurricane. 

19 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Yep.   The new leather helmets always arrived on the Tuesday after Labor Day.  B)

And while football may be a "year round" sport, the kids are typically wearing shorts pants and t-shirts during the summer months.  They tell me this is a tad bit cooler than when they put on pads and helmets.  And, more to the point of this thread, the thunder storms and heavy rains start to taper down a bit as we get into September.   I guess we should be thankful that it's "just rain" and not a hurricane. 

Don't jinx us with Hurricane talk (or your gators lol)

1 hour ago, FL_HS_football said:

Tonight's kickoff Classic - Southeast versus Manatee has apparently been cancelled due a wet field.

Just saw that Sarasota County AD made the decision to cancel all games for tonight (I'm assuming that's all games that would otherwise be taking place in Sarasota County).  

In addition, last list I saw had  7 more games in Tampa Bay area canceled for tonight.