Any KOC Games tonight??

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Gulliver Prep beat Barbara Goleman 50-14.

I'm surprised at that Palmetto/Western score, although I saw Palmetto's defense did most of the damage. Western's weakness when it comes to the better 8A teams will probably be its offense. Doesn't look like they'll have enough firepower. It won't matter in district play I think, but if they want to beat an STA or advance deep in the playoffs, the offense will have to tighten up bc the defense should be fine.

48 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Daytona Beach Mainland 27 Hardee 17

I wasn't there but the feedback I'm hearing a couple of tunovers is what cost Hardee the game; both teams were evenly matched. 

Hwy,

When I saw that 17-7 lead in the 3rd quarter I got pretty excited.

LWales/Hardee gonna be a gone one.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

Bishop Moore 34, West Orange 34

Bishop Moore led game with 1:30 left and a 1st and 10 on West Orange 20 yard line; West Orange had one timeout left. Instead of taking knee three times and securing victory, BM QB throws an interception at WO goal line that is returned deep into BM territory. WO ties score with :05 left and BM then blocks PAT to preserve tie. Nothing like "snatching a tie from the jaws of victory". BM gave WO three TDs on turnovers (5 turnovers total). BM can't be making sloppy mistakes and bad decisions like this if they hope to beat Edgewater next Friday. Edgewater was a 41-7 winner over Dr Phillips.

7 hours ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Wakulla and Madison ended with Madison leading 27 - 26.  Wakulla had just scored and was lining up to kick the extra point to tie when the game was stopped due to lightning.  Both teams look real good.

TRAJAN01, is there any more information that you could possibly provide about Madison County? Thank you.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, Perspective said:

Can KOCs be pushed back a day to Saturday?  (Yeah, I know the field conditions aren't likely to improve a lot between Friday evening and Saturday, but I have another thought in mind). 

With these billions of tourist dollars pouring into your state. How come they don't come up offin a few bucks for SPRINTURF Fields? Por lil Colquitt has THREE, and an IPF! Course, THAT'S what you'd expect from a national power!:)

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

With these billions of tourist dollars pouring into your state. How come they don't come up offin a few bucks for SPRINTURF Fields? Por lil Colquitt has THREE, and an IPF! Course, THAT'S what you'd expect from a national power!:)

That would require having people in Tallahassee that actually care about the public schools but you more likely to get an all expenses paid trip to Mars than you are going to see the state of Florida legislation actually care about public schools 

10 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

TRAJAN01, is there any more information that you could possibly provide about Madison County? Thank you.

Jambun82 they are pretty impressive...they definitely pass the eyeball test.  They are huge across the OL.  Their RB(#24 i think) is a very strong runner.  We are were able to run and throw on them...we hit a 60 yard post pattern and missed on another when the WR was running wide open behind the secondary.  I look for them to be contending for the state championship again in 1A. 

13 hours ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Jambun82 they are pretty impressive...they definitely pass the eyeball test.  They are huge across the OL.  Their RB(#24 i think) is a very strong runner.  We are were able to run and throw on them...we hit a 60 yard post pattern and missed on another when the WR was running wide open behind the secondary.  I look for them to be contending for the state championship again in 1A. 

TRAJAN01, thank you for this information, but could you tell me what type of offense Madison County runs? Are they predominately a running team? Do they play with any sort of tempo? Do they run a no-huddle? What type of defense do they run? Thank you again.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:26 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That would require having people in Tallahassee that actually care about the public schools but you more likely to get an all expenses paid trip to Mars than you are going to see the state of Florida legislation actually care about public schools 

HELL, the legislators in Atlanta don't give a crap about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, public OR private, PERIOD! In three short years, we've gone from having the state championships in the Georgia Dome! To having them in the Mercedes Benz Stadium, at a cost of $600,000 for the two day event! And NOW, the finals have been moved OUTDOORS, where it's always COLD, WET, and DANGEROUS to travel, to Georgia State's joke of a renovated baseball field, into a football stadium that will barely seat the 7A fans at 25,000! And to top THAT if, they've stopped the GPB telecast, and they are NOW pay per view on NFHS.NET! A REAL SHEEEEAAAT SHOW! I use to be a BIG Arthur Blank fan, AND the Falcons! But with how little they respect high school football in Georgia with the way they've treated us since the Benz was built, they can KISS MY BUTT!

9 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

HELL, the legislators in Atlanta don't give a crap about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, public OR private, PERIOD! In three short years, we've gone from having the state championships in the Georgia Dome! To having them in the Mercedes Benz Stadium, at a cost of $600,000 for the two day event! And NOW, the finals have been moved OUTDOORS, where it's always COLD, WET, and DANGEROUS to travel, to Georgia State's joke of a renovated baseball field, into a football stadium that will barely seat the 7A fans at 25,000! And to top THAT if, they've stopped the GPB telecast, and they are NOW pay per view on NFHS.NET! A REAL SHEEEEAAAT SHOW! I use to be a BIG Arthur Blank fan, AND the Falcons! But with how little they respect high school football in Georgia with the way they've treated us since the Benz was built, they can KISS MY BUTT!

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here, and I don't know if there's an easy solution, but I'll say this:  if I worked for the GHSAA or whoever it is that decides where to play the state championship games, it would be really hard for me to justify spending over half a million dollars in order to play the championship games indoors.