Venice vs Plant predictions

VeniceIndianFan

If the last couple of KOC's are any indication, this will be a high-scoring affair and likely a close game.  Both teams have some talented players.  I'll be interested to see how quickly the WR transfer can pick up on Venice's offense and whether he and the QB have been able to get their timing down.  The teams appeared pretty evenly matched when they played each other in 7 on 7 this summer, but I realize that doesn't mean a whole lot once you put the pads on.  I'm hoping the rains stop by kickoff, but this is a game that could definitely be impacted, if not decided, by turnovers. 

Only because VIF channeled his inner-Vince Dooley and picked Plant to win, I'll go the other way and give the nod to Venice to eek out the victory.  :D

Venice is a better team than Plant  . . . at least right now (and perhaps they will be all season . . . with Plant moving up to 8A this year, we'll never really know).  Venice looked like they already had played a handful of games.   They've got a big O-line and a couple of QB's that Venice has been able to plug into their system.  They've got a talented RB (Bowman Lite) and, as a result of the transfer a couple of weeks ago, they have two D1 prospect receivers -- both have good height, good hands and good speed.  If an opposing defense doesn't have two very good corners, Venice is going to show you which one isn't good early and often.   A couple of their TDs were big plays/busted coverage plays.  But, I could see the new WR getting frustrated if he matches up against a decent DB and the back judge ref doesn't allow him to use his arms to create space once the ball's in the air. 

That said, Venice is going to have to outscore good teams, which they probably will do.  The Indian defense was good, but not outstanding.  Plant managed to put up 30 points, but at least one of the TDs was the result of a turnover and a short field.  And, granted 2s were playing 2s, but Plant left points on the board at the very end of the game when their drive stalled deep in Venice territory. 

Again, Venice was the better team and they certainly deserved the win.  I'd pencil in Venice and STA in the state semis for the right to get beat by Lakeland in the finals. 

55 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Where is the game being played?

If it's @Venice they have better than decent chance. IMG has a tendacy to start slow.

The Indians would also need  a high scoring wide open game and not a low scoring grind.

https://twitter.com/countypolk?lang=en

Yes the game is being played at Venice.