St. Thomas Aquinas vs Plantation American Heritage Preview

STARaiders2014

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. STA or American Heritage..who wins?

• St Thomas Aquinas
    • Plantation American Heritage

District/2013 Record: St. Thomas: District 15 7A/10-3(4-0)

American Heritage: District 16 5A/15-1(3-0)

Last Game(2013): St. Thomas 35-28 L to Dwyer

American Heritage 66-8 W over Clay 

Series Began: 2014

Series Record: 0-0

Last St Thomas Win: None

Last American Heritage Win: None

Largest St Thomas Win: None

Largest American Heritage Win: None

Streak: None

Well this is quite a game setting up here for the Raiders week 1 Joe Robbie Stadium(SL Stadium) against the defending 5A State Champs who are still LOADED with talent. The Raiders come in ranked #4 in the Xcelent 25 Rankings while the Patriots come in #6 in the nation. STA is #1 in the state in that ranking. The Raiders with be showing off their new transfers as Jordan Scarlett and Sam Bruce both committed to Miami will be making their Raider debut. Also they still have a good amount of returning talent esp. in WR Devante Peete who I like ALOT. Nicky Bosa should continue to cause havoc along the DL just like his brother he had 15 TFL and 10 sacks in 2013. Rashard Causey is also IMO one of the most underrated players in the country ESPN 300 player but 21st CB in nation is a bit low lol. As for American Heritage they have one of the best QBs in SFLA in Torrance Gibson who is beign targeted by virtually every big time school in the country. They also have 2016 Miami commit Dredrick Snelson at WR who after watching his tape impressed me very much! Brandon Johnson another 2016 4 star is also very impressive for just a rising junior. Overall AH is a very very good team with good coaching from former Miami Hurricane Mike Rumph. Tavares McFadden aint too shabby either #44 in ESPN 300 at DB, WR and on Max Preps listed as a QB too. In total they have 4 guys in the ESPN 300 or ESPN Jr 300. The Raiders have 5 in either the ESPN 300 or ESPN Jr 300. What are your thoughts on this very talent heavy matchup?

Just my humble opinion from what I've read here and elsewhere...

STA has the all-star team of 2014 with talent in every area of the field. I have to believe that the Raiders are going to score a few hard earned TD's in this super match up. Plantation isn't going to slip in and take anyone by surprise this year and they do not need a sneak attack to get some points. The AH offense has already proven they can take anyone down to the wire. Sony will be missed, but there were enough skill players coming back and a few transfers that will fill the gaps and more. They have the depth if needed. STA will test AH's defense in every way, and Bosa will make some plays. STA's Achilles heal has been the Special teams in the past, and AHP will have a little edge. Hard one to predict. Both have all the skill players in the right places. STA may have the edge in talent, but AHP has Rumph who can pull the rabbit out of the hat were Casullo seems a little predictable at time's.

IMO, Plantation had a softer schedule than most teams that were ranked as high as they were. We didn't really get to see what they had other than Cypress Bay and Mainland played a good game and then they lost to Central in a game which I don't think they were ever in control of. 

STA just blew some games and that is all on Casullo. Were Smith still HC I would declare STA the next National Champs. I don't know why but I'm not sold on Casullo as an HC, and that's why I'm calling this one closer than it should be.

Plantation 17, STA 24.

Football is finally here.

At times you are right Cassullo can become predictable however he is still a very good coach with a ring on his finger as a HC. Rumph is a good coach but I wonder how he will do against the Raiders....he battled Central last yr 42-20 I think was the score which is pretty good as most teams other then BTW didnt even come close to 22pts. I think the game is going to be close regardless of coaching however I see STA pulling away late with a sealing TD or something like that. Looking at AH I question whether they can be physical enough to slow down the STA run game and make the Raiders one dimensional which is still dangerous with Bruce and Peete as our #1 and #2 receivers. I think STA is slightly behind AH in special teams like you but the gap is not as big as I have heard others say it is....IMO itll come down to turnovers if the Raiders can force 2-3 turnovers they should win this game and same for the Patriots....gotta make them pay by scoring TDs if we do get turnovers. I AM EXCITED!!!

I believe Trevon Grimes- STA has an opportunity to make an impact in this game.  AHP will have their hands full with Peete & Bruce and it could give Trevon some looks.  Can't wait until the game, it should be a good one. 

Hopefully STA will win, regardless the winner should be in the drivers seat for MNC.

I believe Trevon Grimes- STA has an opportunity to make an impact in this game.  AHP will have their hands full with Peete & Bruce and it could give Trevon some looks.  Can't wait until the game, it should be a good one. 

Hopefully STA will win, regardless the winner should be in the drivers seat for MNC.

You know you are right there Grimes who I forgot to mention and I apologize but he will make an impact I think.....could have a big game with those two being the main focus of AH. I agree though winner could have inside track to the National Title but we shall see

How come this game isn't played at Lockhart stadium is that stadium to small for the crowd both these schools will bring and I'm going with St. Thomas on the win. I just feel that American Heritage won't do as well this year as they did the previous year.

It is part of a like Kickoff Classic game like the ones held in Atlanta every yr for college football.....STA was in this last yr vs Miami Northwestern