Florida vs OOS

nolebull813

5 hours ago, peezy28 said:

"

American Collegiate 0 vs St Frances Academy,MD 64"

This is what happens when you think your bigger and badder than you are... Also what happens when you piss off hte local coaches by stealing a few players and none of them will now schedule you.

St. Frances is currently ranked by Max Preps as the #1 team in the country. Their QB and top receiver are sophomores.

Prior to the season (i.e., back when schedules are made), I would have given Plant a puncher's chance against Gonzaga this Friday night.  Since then, Gonzaga (4-0) has risen to 9th in the MaxPreps Top 25 and Plant (0-4) has gotten off to its worst start since Robert Weiner took over 15 years ago.   It'll be a tough road for the Panthers. 

People should pick the brain of Gonzaga’s coach. He has an uncanny ability to find teams when they are at their worst. 

AHP is a shell of themselves, Plant is the worst in their history, and Leesburg needs no introduction. 

I guess file this game under the “I got to see cool buildings in exchange for a skirt lifting ass stomping” 

Plant held their own against Gonzaga in the first half, giving up a late 2nd quarter TD to go into halftime down 14-7.  I noticed coaches from Clemson, Georgia, LSU and Oregon on the sidelines watching the game.   Most of the eyes were on Gonzaga's QB (reportedly the number 1 dual threat QB in the 2021 class.  He broke off a couple of nice runs, including a 15-20 yarder for a TD, but also threw a real nice long ball.  Nice touch on the ball.  From a defensive standpoint, you can't bat .500 on deep passes, batting down half and giving up long gains and/or TD's on the other half.  Gonzaga had a huge line.  Reminded me a bit of a STA offensive line.  All that said, I don't see them as a top-10 team.  I think there are a handful of public school teams in Florida that would beat them. 

But we did get to see some cool buildings.  B)

5 hours ago, Perspective said:

Plant held their own against Gonzaga in the first half, giving up a late 2nd quarter TD to go into halftime down 14-7.  I noticed coaches from Clemson, Georgia, LSU and Oregon on the sidelines watching the game.   Most of the eyes were on Gonzaga's QB (reportedly the number 1 dual threat QB in the 2021 class.  He broke off a couple of nice runs, including a 15-20 yarder for a TD, but also threw a real nice long ball.  Nice touch on the ball.  From a defensive standpoint, you can't bat .500 on deep passes, batting down half and giving up long gains and/or TD's on the other half.  Gonzaga had a huge line.  Reminded me a bit of a STA offensive line.  All that said, I don't see them as a top-10 team.  I think there are a handful of public school teams in Florida that would beat them. 

But we did get to see some cool buildings.  B)

Some games are total mismatches that should never be scheduled. Leesburg, a 5A team from Lake County with a 2-3 record against local high school competition is traveling this week to play at Gonzaga (Wasington DC), the same team that beat Plant this past weekend. Gonzaga is ranked #38 in the country by MaxPreps. Why are Florida coaches offering up their teams as sacrificial lambs for national powers to feast upon?

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

Some games are total mismatches that should never be scheduled. Leesburg, a 5A team from Lake County with a 2-3 record against local high school competition is traveling this week to play at Gonzaga (Wasington DC), the same team that beat Plant this past weekend. Gonzaga is ranked #38 in the country by MaxPreps. Why are Florida coaches offering up their teams as sacrificial lambs for national powers to feast upon?

Perhaps the deal was too good to turn down? You are right, though, Leesburg is getting manhandled by its own district competition (Jones and Bishop Moore), no need to take a step up in competition and get running clocked in the first quarter. 

Heck, but for a called back TD on Cocoa, and a Bishop Gorman Hail Mary, Cocoa goes in at half time leading the nation champs 14 - 12. Yes, Cocoa ran out of gas at the end of the 3rd but we were asked more than once by the home team fans, "Cocoa is a small public school". Believe me when I say that the BG fans were worried when Cocoa scored an a 35 yard pass play where the ref tossed the flag for the receiver stepping on the white line, that was a questioned flag, and would have put Cocoa up 13-12. In stead Cocoa kicks a FG making it 12-10 BG. BG fans were very worried until the Hail Mary gave them the lead going in at half time.

That's why you take the challenge. You never really know who is going to win until the game is played.

Did Cocoa have a chance, maybe? A slim one if they go in 14 - 12 at the half but probably not. Would it have shocked the HS nation if Cocoa won, probably way more than not, but Cocoa did it before to Abilene when they were #1. Of course there were tons of excuses why Abilene lost but the real one was because Cocoa was better that night.

So you never really know.

The coach for Gonzaga was the head coach for Leesburg back in the day. He has ties there. Probably came back to town and checked in on his old stomping grounds, and convinced the current coach to come embarrass his players 50-0. 

He said if your gonna lose 50-0 every game might as well come see the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument. Lol 

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Heck, but for a called back TD on Cocoa, and a Bishop Gorman Hail Mary, Cocoa goes in at half time leading the nation champs 14 - 12. Yes, Cocoa ran out of gas at the end of the 3rd but we were asked more than once by the home team fans, "Cocoa is a small public school". Believe me when I say that the BG fans were worried when Cocoa scored an a 35 yard pass play where the ref tossed the flag for the receiver stepping on the white line, that was a questioned flag, and would have put Cocoa up 13-12. In stead Cocoa kicks a FG making it 12-10 BG. BG fans were very worried until the Hail Mary gave them the lead going in at half time.

That's why you take the challenge. You never really know who is going to win until the game is played.

Did Cocoa have a chance, maybe? A slim one if they go in 14 - 12 at the half but probably not. Would it have shocked the HS nation if Cocoa won, probably way more than not, but Cocoa did it before to Abilene when they were #1. Of course there were tons of excuses why Abilene lost but the real one was because Cocoa was better that night.

Cat Scratch, if the receiver was the first player to touch the ball after stepping out-of-bounds, and coming back in-bounds, that is an illegal touching foul.

8 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

The coach for Gonzaga was the head coach for Leesburg back in the day. He has ties there. Probably came back to town and checked in on his old stomping grounds, and convinced the current coach to come embarrass his players 50-0. 

He said if your gonna lose 50-0 every game might as well come see the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument. Lol 

Gonzaga will have 50 in the 2nd quarter.

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Gonzaga will have 50 in the 2nd quarter.

Leesburg was ranked in the 9,000’s last year when they signed the contract. 

All jokes aside, I assume the coach for Gonzaga told the Leesburg coach he would get up by 6-7 scores at half then empty the bench. 

They could win 125-0 if they put the pedal to the metal, but I don’t think the coach makes it embarrassing for his former team. 

I predict something close to the Jones score. 56-0. They make all their extra points. Lol 

16 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Honestly if I remember right the receiver outjumped the DB for the catch. The DB slipped on the tackle as they came down and the receiver tight roped the sideline for about 4 or 5 yards then they blew it dead saying he stepped out as he was running down the sideline. That was an easy touchdown that would've had Cocoa leading at halftime. If you watch the replay of it. You can clearly see he never stepped out.

6 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Honestly if I remember right the receiver outjumped the DB for the catch. The DB slipped on the tackle as they came down and the receiver tight roped the sideline for about 4 or 5 yards then they blew it dead saying he stepped out as he was running down the sideline. That was an easy touchdown that would've had Cocoa leading at halftime. If you watch the replay of it. You can clearly see he never stepped out.

That is correct sir. On the replay the WR was close but he never stepped out.

• 2 years later...

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. Thanks I am going to bookmark this https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5259-florida-vs-oos-results/.

Thanks Again:)

On 10/29/2021 at 3:00 PM, JohnMuellerr said:

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. Thanks I am going to bookmark this https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5259-florida-vs-oos-results/.

Thanks Again:)

@JohnMuellerr I have all of the out-of-state games documented if you were looking for anything in particular