Central Florida Games

nolebull813

if you are in the Central Florida area and want to see some out of state teams, here is your chance. The Disney event might not be the Disney event anymore. This is the 2nd year the games are being played on random high school sites, and one team mentioned they were going to Universal and not Disney. Anyways, here is the schedule, dates, times and locations.

Thursday August 23rd
Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest, NJ vs Windermere Prep School, FL
7:30pm 
at Austin Tindall Sports Complex Stadium

---
Friday August 24th
Ridley High School, PA vs Cooper City High School, FL
4:30pm JV
7:30pm Varsity
---
Friday August 24th
Glen Ridge High School, NJ vs Titusville High School, FL
7:00pm
at Austin Tindall Sports Complex Field #6
---
Thursday August 29th
Chatfield High School, CO vs Jensen Beach High School, FL
at Celebration HS
---
Thursday August 29th 
Golden High School, CO vs St Cloud High School, FL
at St Cloud HS
---
Friday August 30th
Shiloh Christian School, AR vs Moore Haven High School, FL
at Celebration HS
---
Saturday August 31st
Shiloh Christian School, AR vs Superior (American) Collegiate Academy, FL
9:00am JV
at Windermere HS Stadium 
---
Friday September 20th
St Mary's Ryken High School, MD vs East Ridge High School, FL
at East Ridge HS

10 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

if you are in the Central Florida area and want to see some out of state teams, here is your chance. The Disney event might not be the Disney event anymore. This is the 2nd year the games are being played on random high school sites, and one team mentioned they were going to Universal and not Disney. Anyways, here is the schedule, dates, times and locations.

Thursday August 23rd
Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest, NJ vs Windermere Prep School, FL
7:30pm 

---
Friday August 24th
Ridley High School, PA vs Cooper City High School, FL
---
Friday August 24th
Glen Ridge High School, NJ vs Titusville High School, FL
7:00pm
at Austin Tindall Sports Complex Field #6
---
Thursday August 29th
Chatfield High School, CO vs Jensen Beach High School, FL
at Celebration HS
---
Thursday August 29th 
Golden High School, CO vs St Cloud High School, FL
at St Cloud HS
---
Friday August 30th
Shiloh Christian School, AR vs Moore Haven High School, FL
at Celebration HS
---
Saturday August 31st
Shiloh Christian School, AR vs Superior (American) Collegiate Academy, FL
9:00am JV
at Windermere HS Stadium 
---
Friday September 20th
St Mary's Ryken High School, MD vs East Ridge High School, FL
at East Ridge HS

You left out:

Friday, September 6th

Archbishop Spaulding HS, Baltimore , MD vs Bishop Moore HS

7:00pm Varsity at Bishop Moore HS

Archbishop Spaulding is one of the top HS teams in Maryland.

17 hours ago, HornetFan said:

You left out:

Friday, September 6th

Archbishop Spaulding HS, Baltimore , MD vs Bishop Moore HS

7:00pm Varsity at Bishop Moore HS

Archbishop Spaulding is one of the top HS teams in Maryland.

Yes. I didn’t put it because this is the list for the KSA Event lineup. 

But yeah. If you want to go watch Bishop Moore get whooped for a 2nd year in a row, Friday Sept 6th at Bishop Moore High. Couple years too late. Never understood why teams have great years and then schedule top teams in years when they aren’t good anymore. 

17 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

But yeah. If you want to go watch Bishop Moore get whooped for a 2nd year in a row, Friday Sept 6th at Bishop Moore High. Couple years too late. Never understood why teams have great years and then schedule top teams in years when they aren’t good anymore. 

Bishop Moore may surprise you this year. They're not flashy, no big superstars, but they handled Boone and Wekiva in their Spring games. They also should have beaten West Orange by a couple of touchdowns in their pre-season game last week. Five turnovers and a terrible call by coach at end of game cost them a victory, settling for a tie. The idea behind the Archbishop Spaulding game is to give kids a chance to play out of state every other year. AP beat BM handily last year, but every year is a new year. BM doesn't duck any team, regardless of which division they play in. BM did make the playoffs last year, so they weren't bad; losses were to Edgewater, Jones, and Archbishop Spaulding.

22 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Bishop Moore may surprise you this year. They're not flashy, no big superstars, but they handled Boone and Wekiva in their Spring games. They also should have beaten West Orange by a couple of touchdowns in their pre-season game last week. Five turnovers and a terrible call by coach at end of game cost them a victory, settling for a tie. The idea behind the Archbishop Spaulding game is to give kids a chance to play out of state every other year. AP beat BM handily last year, but every year is a new year. BM doesn't duck any team, regardless of which division they play in. BM did make the playoffs last year, so they weren't bad; losses were to Edgewater, Jones, and Archbishop Spaulding.

The coach wants to do home and homes with teams from out of state? I may know some teams that are more their speed. Teams that will be even and the game will be competitive 

20 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

The coach wants to do home and homes with teams from out of state? I may know some teams that are more their speed. Teams that will be even and the game will be competitive 

It probably has something to do with playing another Catholic school. Only problem with that is that most of those out of state Catholic schools recruit heavily in urban areas and are usually loaded with talent. Bishop Moore doesn't recruit the Orlando area; they rely upon kids wanting to go to BM. It's a great school and the players love their team 

On 8/21/2019 at 1:55 PM, nolebull813 said:

Bishop Moore is not a bad team and should make the playoffs. No, they won't beat Archbishop Spaulding, but may keep it interesting for a half. Tonight they gave Edgewater a good game before the got worn down and beaten 34-21 by a more physically imposing team. Until the final Edgewater touchdown late in the 4th quarter, they found a way to keep the game close and competitive with a couple big plays.  

Tommi Hill of Edgewater continues to impress me. He had a big night with two catches in the end zone and a big first down catch on 3 and 15 which kept Edgewater's drive alive and ended in their first score which tied the game 7-7 at the end of the first quarter. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Bishop Moore is not a bad team and should make the playoffs. No, they won't beat Archbishop Spaulding, but may keep it interesting for a half. Tonight they gave Edgewater a good game before the got worn down and beaten 34-21 by a more physically imposing team. Until the final Edgewater touchdown late in the 4th quarter, they found a way to keep the game close and competitive with a couple big plays.  

Tommi Hill of Edgewater continues to impress me. He had a big nigh with two catches in the end zone and a big first down catch on 3 and 15 which kept Edgewater's drive alive and ended in their first score which tied the game 7-7 at the end of the first quarter. 

Awe man don’t tell me that. Edgewater is gonna get steamrolled by Marietta! 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Tommi Hill of Edgewater continues to impress me. He had a big night with two catches in the end zone and a big first down catch on 3 and 15 which kept Edgewater's drive alive and ended in their first score which tied the game 7-7 at the end of the first quarter. 

I just got home from the Edgewater - Bishop Moore game, For a half, it was very interesting tied at 14-14. Halfway through 3rd quarter, BM starters were gassed, but coach did very little substituting on defense. It became more telling in the 4th quarter as most of Edgewater's scores came on big plays. The game was still in question in the 4th quarter until Edgewater scored the last TD late in the game. I thought the BM kids were out-manned, but put in a tremendous effort.  A friend at the game advised that most of Edgewater's starters are transfers from last year and this year. That's going to make it difficult for teams like BM where tuition is $15k/year and kid's don't get football scholarships; if I were AD, I would revisit future scheduling. Staying competitive with schools actively recruiting transfers will be next to impossible. BM has two more games on this year's schedule against schools that recruit (Archbishop Spaulding and Jones). Barring any serious injuries, BM should be favored in games other than those two and should still have a good chance at playoffs.

21 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Awe man don’t tell me that. Edgewater is gonna get steamrolled by Marietta! 

I don't know anything about Marietta, but I did see Edgewater tonight and they have some impressive athletes, especially at the skill positions. Four of their five TD's came on big plays. BM played them tough for a half before running out of gas late in 3rd quarter. Edgewater was bigger and faster and substituted to keep players fresh; they have depth, but didn't put BM away until midway through 4th quarter. I expect Edgewater will continue to get better as the season progresses. They are loaded with transfers which will make it difficult for most of their opponents, especially those that are home grown. Their kicker put all 5 kickoffs out the back of the end zone; impressive leg.

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

I thought the BM kids were out-manned, but put in a tremendous effort.  A friend at the game advised that most of Edgewater's starters are transfers from last year and this year. That's going to make it difficult for teams like BM where tuition is $15k/year and kid's don't get football scholarships; if I were AD, I would revisit future scheduling. Staying competitive with schools actively recruiting transfers will be next to impossible.

Edgewater has some transfers, but not nearly as many as the truly recruited teams. In fact, the core of their team are returnees from last year with a couple freshmen who got significant playing time. Their QB did transfer in from DP, though. If you were to compare them to Lakeland or Cocoa where transfers were concerned, they would look pretty home grown.

I though BM was competitive tonight (as they were in the spring against much bigger schools) and see no reason at this stage to drop the Edgewater game. It draws well as one would expect from two schools about a half mile apart, and the atmosphere is nice. Further, it provides Bishop Moore with a picture of what to expect if it makes it to the third round of the playoffs or beyond.  

13 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Edgewater has some transfers, but not nearly as many as the truly recruited teams. In fact, the core of their team are returnees from last year with a couple freshmen who got significant playing time. Their QB did transfer in from DP, though. If you were to compare them to Lakeland or Cocoa where transfers were concerned, they would look pretty home grown.

I though BM was competitive tonight (as they were in the spring against much bigger schools) and see no reason at this stage to drop the Edgewater game. It draws well as one would expect from two schools about a half mile apart, and the atmosphere is nice. Further, it provides Bishop Moore with a picture of what to expect if it makes it to the third round of the playoffs or beyond.  

Edgewater's team is big and fast. When you say they don't have as many recruits as Lakeland and Cocoa, that's still a competitive problem. The past two years of recruiting has them with more than half their starters being recruited players; then you add to that the players that actually are zoned to that school, and it puts schools that don't recruit at a severe disadvantage. That showed in yesterday's game where BM played them even up to half way through the 3rd quarter. By then, BM players were tired and Edgewater was still sending fresh players in. It may be a good topic for this forum: "Is the new open transfer policy going to be detrimental to HS football?" We've seen free agency destroy the competitive balance in professional sports like basketball and baseball. College QB's change teams as often as their underwear; and the transfer portal is like a swinging gate. I'm afraid that traditional HS football rivalries may become a thing of the past as more and more IMG's are established.