Can anybody stop the Dreadnaughts?

Big Ray

15 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Can anybody stop the Dreadnaughts?

Well, with 20 something transfers I would certainly hope not. Is there any player on the team that has lived in Lakeland for more than a season? (sarcasm). I'm hoping that nobody associated with the team has the gall to criticize IMG for being a professional sports academy.

IMG is a professional sports academy. I know, I worked there. Lakeland is a public high school. I know I went there. How many out of state players transferred for Lakeland? How many that lived out of Polk County? How many Florida kids at IMG? 

If transfers are allowed then that is what it is. High School will eventually simply be college light. IMG is just way ahead of the curve at $70,000 tuition a year. 

On 8/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, Big Ray said:

Lakeland spanked Manatee 45-0 last night and in their KOC, they smashed Kissimmee Osceola 43-20 and that game was 43-0 before Osceola scored. I know St. Thomas beat De La Salle last night, but can they beat Lakeland in a 7A rematch?

Lakeland looks solid.   I would favor them at the moment for sure.  

On 8/24/2019 at 1:25 PM, LakelandGator said:

Every year is different OS and you're smart enough to know this.

2019 Lakeland is 14-17 pts better than Dade's best this year, whomever that may be.

2018 Lakeland was at least 10-14 pts better than Dade's best, and I will assume that was MNW.

Disagree on 2018.   I would have favored Carol City that game personally.   2019 Lakeland looks even better.  

Is it fair to call this team Lakeland HS or should it be referred to as the Polk County All-Stars. FHSAA playoffs are losing any semblance of credibility that they may have had in the past. It has become an argument of "can my all-start team beat your all-star team for a fabricated state championship after we finish "bitch-slapping" all the teams we stole players from?" The same question goes for the STA's of Florida.

8 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Is it fair to call this team Lakeland HS or should it be referred to as the Polk County All-Stars. FHSAA playoffs are losing any semblance of credibility that they may have had in the past. It has become an argument of "can my all-start team beat your all-star team for a fabricated state championship after we finish "bitch-slapping" all the teams we stole players from?" The same question goes for the STA's of Florida.

Dude (I'm assuming), you're on a roll this morning.   But, as I have suggested in other threads, I truly believe that the FHSAA's hands are tied on this right now.  They opposed the law that went into effect 3-4 years ago that essentially legalized open/free transfers.  They knew what would happen (i.e., what is now happening).  But, if the FHSAA tries to regulate the transfer of student/athletes in a way that contradicts the law, they run the risk of getting legislated out of existence. 

10 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Dude (I'm assuming), you're on a roll this morning.   But, as I have suggested in other threads, I truly believe that the FHSAA's hands are tied on this right now.  They opposed the law that went into effect 3-4 years ago that essentially legalized open/free transfers.  They knew what would happen (i.e., what is now happening).  But, if the FHSAA tries to regulate the transfer of student/athletes in a way that contradicts the law, they run the risk of getting legislated out of existence. 

I agree with you 100%, but I have always enjoyed HS football in its purest form. We're not seeing that now, and I'm afraid it will result in HS football's eventual demise. And, yes it is dude.