Dunedin Breaks the Streak!

OldSchoolLion

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

In my opinion if you as a team struggle to win 5 wins per season in the last 3 seasons you shpuld be required to go independent instead of struggling year after year.

Just like i believe all private schools should be in their own class.

I totally agree about private schools, but I'm not sure that's fair to say about teams struggling to win five games. There are a lot of factors out there that coaches have absolutely no control over - not the least of which is the transfer rule in the state. Now, teams that are constantly throwing out 2-8, 1-9 seasons might be a little different but 4-5 wins shouldn't get you sent to the independents lol. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

In my opinion if you as a team struggle to win 5 wins per season in the last 3 seasons you shpuld be required to go independent instead of struggling year after year.

Especially if we are going to start using an RPI system to determine playoffs while keeping the district format.  

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Most times it is not up to the individual schools.... The counties in centralized funded counties have final say so.  Its why you will never see Leto who hasn't won since 2014 on the field ever go independent. 

2 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Right because you can be winless and make the playoffs lol

Worse, figure a district with 2 good teams and 4 bad ones.  The 2nd place team goes 8-2 but their RPI suffers because they have 4 bad teams on their schedule that they were mandated to play.  

Peezy - you're hanging your hat on a win over Keswick Christian? I remember watching them play soccer and basketball against Oneco Community Christian when that was the extent of there male sports program.......my my my how the mighty have fallen. The last I saw the falcons play, was a playoff loss to Manatee. Came all the way from GA to  meet up with Wavebb, but he ended up having some unexpected medical issues then so that had to wait a few more years.....but got to meet Steve Berry later that night at Beef's when was still doing the traveling Friday night state wide scoreboard show on the radio....

15 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

Peezy - you're hanging your hat on a win over Keswick Christian? I remember watching them play soccer and basketball against Oneco Community Christian when that was the extent of there male sports program.......my my my how the mighty have fallen. The last I saw the falcons play, was a playoff loss to Manatee. Came all the way from GA to  meet up with Wavebb, but he ended up having some unexpected medical issues then so that had to wait a few more years.....but got to meet Steve Berry later that night at Beef's when was still doing the traveling Friday night state wide scoreboard show on the radio....

Yeah... definitely not hanging my hat on anything not sure where you got that from LOL.  I don't even follow my alma mater my old coach is at Clearwater that is my team to follow these days.  Dunedin has not won a game since 2014 so I think they have reason to celebrate regardless if they beat Deland school of the Blind at this point... They tasted victory vs Leto in the kickoff classic as well another team who has not won a game since 2014.... 

But hang my hat... yeah not so much.  They went independent so they could schedule teams they could actually compete against.  Oh and I was at that game can't remember what year it was only that it definitely did not end well for us.