NW vs CC tomorrow at 7pm

topnotch305

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I don't believe Carol City has been shut out for 10 years.  Between this performance and last week's shutout of Cardinal Gibbons, the Bulls appear to be sending a message.

Or cpuld it b CC & CG is down from last year...im not doubting the message thats being sent to 5a. 

But nationally ranked maxprep top 25 in the nation teams dont get shut out im sorry.

Gibbons and chiefs uniforms are the same but the teams are not. If anything this shows just how suspect deerfield really is.

41 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Or cpuld it b CC & CG is down from last year...im not doubting the message thats being sent to 5a. 

But nationally ranked maxprep top 25 in the nation teams dont get shut out im sorry.

Gibbons and chiefs uniforms are the same but the teams are not. If anything this shows just how suspect deerfield really is.

Sure they could.  But even in "down" years those teams are reasonably good, right?  Topnotch said the "Game was not as close as score indicates." concerning NW's win over CC.  I am impressed by anyone who dominates any CC team.   

7 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Sure they could.  But even in "down" years those teams are reasonably good, right?  Topnotch said the "Game was not as close as score indicates." concerning NW's win over CC.  I am impressed by anyone who dominates any CC team.   

I agree bulls should very well 3 pete and have maybe a 14 15 win season.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Or could it be NW especially on defense is REALLY GOOD? Last week people said Gibbons is overrated now CC is overrated... The West is just a really good team with a better defense than last year. And whenever coaches decide to let our freshman QB do his thing and be the starter the offense will take off! CC is not overrated. They will beat 80% off the teams down here. 

The senior qb is not getting it done and fans are getting frustrated.. I understand what the coaches are doing but writing is on the wall the freshman Taron (Tyger)Dickens is special. They usually play the senior first and offense is stagnant. Freshman comes in and offense clicks. Had a drop td, td called back, and freshman qb didn't get in into second qtr. However once he gets in he finishes the game last night and against Gibbons. At half last week (gibbons)it was 13-0 last week points coming off pick 6 and blk punt. Dickens gets in and offense score 19 points second half. Oh and way too many penalties. When NW cleans all of that up look out. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They are down from last year based on my sources in SFL but I was also told MNW was gonna be down as well

Regardless the performance is impressive

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If DFB is still playing as bad as they are when Pratt gets back then I may agree but I'm holding out my opinion on them until then

Hearing he may be healthy by next week against Zachary and if so I'll take DFB to show up in Louisiana and take out one their best teams 

2 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

The senior qb is not getting it done and fans are getting frustrated.. I understand what the coaches are doing but writing is on the wall the freshman Taron (Tyger)Dickens is special. They usually play the senior first and offense is stagnant. Freshman comes in and offense clicks. Had a drop td, td called back, and freshman qb didn't get in into second qtr. However once he gets in he finishes the game last night and against Gibbons. At half last week (gibbons)it was 13-0 last week points coming off pick 6 and blk punt. Dickens gets in and offense score 19 points second half. Oh and way too many penalties. When NW cleans all of that up look out. 

Ik you a MNW guy but what the state of the other Miami powers atm that you been hearing?

2 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

Or could it be NW especially on defense is REALLY GOOD? Last week people said Gibbons is overrated now CC is overrated... The West is just a really good team with a better defense than last year. And whenever coaches decide to let our freshman QB do his thing and be the starter the offense will take off! CC is not overrated. They will beat 80% off the teams down here. 

I wouldn't say Cardinal Gibbons or Carol city were "overrated" 

Just that both teams were getting pushed a little too high in some Polls

Carol city is clear cut top 10 in FL IMO but they aren't as good as last year

Cardinal Gibbons a solid team as well but not as strong as last year 

11 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

Mad they took this game off the picks.. I definitely would have made up some ground.  NW 10 CC 0... called with 6 min left do to lightning. Game was not as close as score indicates.

I see you guys have a good kicking game this year. With that, a great defense and a maturing offense as the season progresses you will be a favorite to win another state title this year. 

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If DFB is still playing as bad as they are when Pratt gets back then I may agree but I'm holding out my opinion on them until then

Hearing he may be healthy by next week against Zachary and if so I'll take DFB to show up in Louisiana and take out one their best teams 

U say when pratt gets back he has never even played a down for DFB & when he was at boca he led them to a subpar record and no playoffs.

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They are down from last year based on my sources in SFL but I was also told MNW was gonna be down as well

Regardless the performance is impressive

I like me and my sources over your sources because obviously NW is lol.. I'd love  to hear who they  said were the top teams this year. Actually this was the year NW was to compete in 6A for the title before they were reclassified. Last year we were really young and were not expected to win state. This year and next year NW should win state. So I assume everybody is going to be down that NW plays this year if that's the case...Now I don't think IMG is as good this year as last couple of years should be more competitive game. 

7 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

I like me and my sources over your sources because obviously NW is lol.. I'd love  to hear who they  said were the top teams this year. Actually this was the year NW was to compete in 6A for the title before they were reclassified. Last year we were really young and were not expected to win state. This year and next year NW should win state. So I assume everybody is going to be down that NW plays this year if that's the case...Now I don't think IMG is as good this year as last couple of years should be more competitive game. 

Would this year Cardinal Gibbons or Carol city beat last year version??

If not then my info is correct

And of course MNW will probably win 5a 

Just because they win state don't mean their team is as strong as last year, you sound like someone who probably thinks Cardinal Gibbons was stronger last year than 2017 just because they won states last year without taking into account that the path was much stronger tougher in 2017 than 2018

More accomplished is not the same as being better 

11 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

The top teams were same ones as last year

The big 3 are all up there high but just because their position didn't change don't mean they are as good as last year

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Would this year Cardinal Gibbons or Carol city beat last year version??

If not then my info is correct

And of course MNW will probably win 5a 

Just because they win state don't mean their team is as strong as last year, you sound like someone who probably thinks Cardinal Gibbons was stronger last year than 2017 just because they won states last year without taking into account that the path was much stronger tougher in 2017 than 2018

More accomplished is not the same as being better 

U said your sources advised you that NW was down this year which is wrong so I can't really agree with your sources. I like Columbus as well in Dade. Central is overrated and I'm not saying that because they lost to St Frances but they haven't done anything in last 3 years and keep getting nationally ranked based on past. Season still early and all of this will play out. I just find it funny after a team loses that people think would win a game against NW that the team all of a sudden is down. 

Just now, topnotch305 said:

U said your sources advised you that NW was down this year which is wrong so I can't really agree with your sources. I like Columbus as well in Dade. Central is overrated and I'm not saying that because they lost to St Frances but they haven't done anything in last 3 years and keep getting ranked based on past. Season still early and all if this will play out. I just find it funny after a team loses that people think would win a game against NW that the team all of a sudden was down. 

I heard they would potentially be down

MNW looks very good right now so they may prove to be better than I was expecting based on the info I gathered

CG and Carol City i am convinced is down from last year however though it wasn't simply because they were beat by MNW

However Cardinal Gibbons being beat the way they were by MNW (basically blown out) did support my feelings based on what I gathered from sources