Maryland/DC Schools Dominate Florida This Decade

OldSchoolLion

...some results this decade...FL is 4-18 versus these teams  

2019 St Johns 52 Deerfield Beach 30

**2019 St Johns 48 Southridge 0

2019 St Frances 49 Miami Central 13

2019 Gonzaga 33 American Heritage Plantation 14

2018 St Thomas 38 Dematha 0

**2018 St Johns 37 Miami Central 34 (5OT)

2018 Archbishop Spalding 41 Bishop Moore 18

2017 Viera 21 Gonzaga 6

**2017 St Johns 47 Jones 30

2017 Fort Hill 44 Melbourne Central Catholic 42

2016 Gonzaga 31 Viera 19

**2016 St Johns 42 American Heritage Delray 9 

2015 Dematha 38 Miami Central 14

2015 Dematha 23 American Heritage Plantation 22

**2015 St Johns 41 Atlantic 0

**2013 Friendship Collegiate 34 Atlantic 0

2013 Gonzaga 17 Cocoa 14

2013 Dematha 26 Godby 9

**2013 Manatee 23 Friendship Collegiate

2013 Manatee 44 Gilman 14

2013 Our Lady of Good Counsel 33 Immokalee 0

2011 Our Lady of Good Counsel 23 Manatee 20 (2OT)

18 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...some results this decade

2019 St Johns 52 Deerfield Beach 30

2019 St Frances 49 Miami Central 13

2019 Gonzaga 33 American Heritage 14

2018 St Thomas 38 Dematha 0

2018 Archbishop Spalding 41 Bishop Moore 18

2017 Viera 21 Gonzaga 6

2017 Fort Hill 44 Melbourne Central Catholic 42

2016 Gonzaga 31 Viera 19

2015 Dematha 38 Miami Central 14

2015 Dematha 23 American Heritage 22

2013 Gonzaga 17 Cocoa 14

2013 Dematha 26 Godby 9

2013 Manatee 44 Gilman 14

2013 Our Lady of Good Counsel 33 Immokalee 0

2011 Our Lady of Good Counsel 23 Manatee 20 (2OT)

Interesting how several teams showed up so many times 

Also could include the 5OT game between Miami Central and St John's from last year 

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

2016 was IMO the best IMG team to date

If this was 2016 i could see a repeat result but the current IMG team i would lean those 2 being teams who could beat them

I am wondering seriously where you come up with the information that this season's IMG team is not equal to or better than the 2016 team and that they will probably be defeated by St. Johns and St Frances They destroyed one of the best teams in Florida in Venice. Next Friday they play arguably the best team in Florida Northwestern. If they destroy Northwestern or even handily beat them, will you still be saying that they will be defeated by those two Maryland teams? Not finding fault with your hypothesis as I generally feel that you are a wealth of HS football criteria. Just curious how you come to this conclusion. The reason that I am inquisitive is that every season I hear that IMG is not going to be as good as the previous season and they will loose some games and every season IMG either goes undefeated or loses one game, by a couple of points, to the best team in the country. ;)

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I am wondering seriously where you come up with the information that this season's IMG team is not equal to or better than the 2016 team and that they will probably be defeated by St. Johns and St Frances They destroyed one of the best teams in Florida in Venice. Next Friday they play arguably the best team in Florida Northwestern. If they destroy Northwestern or even handily beat them, will you still be saying that they will be defeated by those two Maryland teams? Not finding fault with your hypothesis as I generally feel that you are a wealth of HS football criteria. Just curious how you come to this conclusion. The reason that I am inquisitive is that every season I hear that IMG is not going to be as good as the previous season and they will loose some games and every season IMG either goes undefeated or loses one game, by a couple of points, to the best team in the country. ;)

I didn't realize they played Lakeland this year ;)

MNW looks good but best in FL is a stretch, top 5 sure, top 3 perhaps

Number 1, no

6 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Last year the best FL team they played was a 5-5 MNW team

Who was their best win? Hoover

Hoover didn't even win state in AL and they usually steamroll that state

What about last year team justifies them being on par with 2016 team who beat multiple powerhouses like Centennial CA and Grayson who were both top 25 teams nationally

Only top 25 national team IMG faced last year beat them

Also Venice is good but one of best in FL?

How high we talking when we say one of best in FL?

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=2537

SFA in Maryland has 15 players with 3* or better and just destroyed one of strongest programs in all of FL on their own turf

Last time IMG faced Miami Central, IMG had second best team in program history and playing at home and was trailing in 4th quarter

I don't think it's that crazy to believe that SFA is more than capable of beating IMG, IMG isn't this unbeatable monster everyone tries to make them to be

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=2537

SFA in Maryland has 15 players with 3* or better and just destroyed one of strongest programs in all of FL on their own turf

Last time IMG faced Miami Central, IMG had second best team in program history and playing at home and was trailing in 4th quarter

I don't think it's that crazy to believe that SFA is more than capable of beating IMG, IMG isn't this unbeatable monster everyone tries to make them to be

And that was only taking into account the 2020 class

Not even touching on any players in 2021,2022, or 2023 cla

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=23884

To compare IMG has 10 players with 3* or better

So in other words on paper IMG is a underdog and SFA will be at home 

So just imagine how good SFA may very well be

There are about 15 HS teams in Baltimore area; six are very good; all recruit, but not to same level as St Francis. Starting last season and continuing now, none of the high schools in Baltimore area will play football against St Francis because they are considered an all-star school similar to IMG. St Francis has to play a national schedule. This is what is happening in Florida with the free transfer policy of state legislature passed.

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

There are about 15 HS teams in Baltimore area; six are very good; all recruit, but not to same level as St Francis. Starting last season and continuing now, none of the high schools in Baltimore area will play football against St Francis because they are considered an all-star school similar to IMG. St Francis has to play a national schedule. This is what is happening in Florida with the free transfer policy of state legislature passed.

Is it really any different than what metro schools in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and Miami been doing for decades?

Many metros have always had loose transfer movement even before the recent rule changes, all this did is limit the restrictions for public schools in more isolated areas and made it where metros weren't able to get around rules while isolated rural schools were lucky to get any transfers approved 

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=23884

To compare IMG has 10 players with 3* or better

So in other words on paper IMG is a underdog and SFA will be at home 

So just imagine how good SFA may very well be

All I know is that in 5 years IMG has lost 2 games playing some of the best in the country. During that time they lost in 2014 to St. Johns and in 2018 by 4 points to Mater Dei two powerhouses. Why should anyone doubt their capability in 2019. I'm just going by the odds and statistics that's all. If they don't do well against Northwestern, which has got to be one of the top 3 teams in the state, then maybe you can convince me otherwise. If they blowout Northwestern, just as they did Venice, then I am willing to bet they will run the table in 2019.

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

All I know is that in 5 years IMG has lost 2 games playing some of the best in the country. During that time they lost in 2014 to St. Johns and in 2018 by 4 points to Mater Dei two powerhouses. Why should anyone doubt their capability in 2019. I'm just going by the odds and statistics that's all. If they don't do well against Northwestern, which has got to be one of the top 3 teams in the state, then maybe you can convince me otherwise. If they blowout Northwestern, just as they did Venice, then I am willing to bet they will run the table in 2019.

I personally feel SFA beats IMG if they play last year, I was never impressed with the IMG team from last year and I am definitely picking SFA to beat them this year

SFA destroyed Miami Central at Traz Powell, that was a significant statement to the entire nation that SFA is going for a national championship