FL vs OOS Since 2004 - 115 Games

OldSchoolLion

Let me reword it. 

If you are hell bent on going to look at buildings in another state, please look for a team that you can actually compete with. 

I don’t think kids give a shit they went to some museum the same weekend they got embarrassed by 40. It’s irresponsible of the coaches to put their kids in an impossible situation. It’s stupid 

I had a roommate a long time ago that played for FCS Mississippi Valley State And they played some FBS team and lost by 70. He said it was the most embarrassed he ever felt playing football and he’ll never forget it. 

These coaches are creating memories for the negative 

The FL wins in the original post that are bolded are games that were played on the road(underlined were played in FL).  STA, Miami Central and Booker T Washington each won 5 marquis games on the road.  These three teams combined accounted for 15 of the 26 road game wins.  We owe them props for reppin the state well.  

11 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

2011 Cocoa had a brutal schedule.  The Tigers have been one of the most brazen in the state when it comes to stretching the limits of scheduling.

Yup also played Miami Central and U School that season ending with 5 losses in the regular season. Lost to BTW in the semis ending their journey for a 4peat. Game went to OT or 2OT down in Miami.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Cocoa is 3-7 in the games listed above:blink:

Cocoa usually plays top 25 national teams in OOS. Several times playing the number one ranked national team and beating Abalene when they were ranked number 1 in the nation. Yes they have been handled a few timess by those national Elite teams, but most of the time the games are competitive.

Coco should play OOS when they get the opportunity plain and simple.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:34 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

2011 Cocoa had a brutal schedule.  The Tigers have been one of the most brazen in the state when it comes to stretching the limits of scheduling.

I can't remember one single Cocoa OOS game that  Cocoa did not play in front of a sold out HS field. Cowboys stadium and the University of Maryland Fighting Terrapins stadium could never be sold out of course. I didn't get to see the Hoover game so I can't say how many people were there. That said Cocoa vs OOS seems to bring the crowd.

Here are some more games am adding to the original post

Lincoln 24 vs Valdosta(GA) 21     2006

Lincoln 20 vs Valdosta(GA) 19     2005 

Madison County 29 vs Valdosta(GA) 28     2005

Madison County 15 vs Valdosta(GA) 7

St Thomas Aquinas 42 vs Byrnes(SC) 34     2009

Northwestern 29 vs Southlake Carroll(TX) 21     2007

Valdosta(GA) 21 vs Lincoln 17     2007

Valdosta(GA) 33 vs Lincoln 14     2004

Coffee County(GA) 20 vs Madison County 19     2007

Daphne(AL) 32 vs Pensacola 0     2005

Daphne(AL) 29 vs Lincoln 26     2005

Daphne(AL) 38 vs Lincoln 22     2006

Byrnes(SC) 38 vs Lincoln 0     2008

Byrnes(SC) 27 vs Glades Central 15     2006

Oscar Smith 27 vs Venice 13     2009

18 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Playing in FL, the FL teams above were 15-10

Playing outside FL the FL teams above were 34-56

To account for home cookin', let's toss out all of the games above in which a home team(FL or OOS) won by 10 points or less.  The result?

OOS teams won 44 games and FL teams won 41 games

Something is missing here, folks.  According to some, we have the best talent, bar none, in the country.  And, according to some, FL is the Wild West, with teams full of transfers.  Yet, in competition against OOS teams, we are breaking even, at best.   

Just as the rest of the country has caught up to FL in college football, I believe the same is happening in hs football.  23 of the 49 FL wins above came from one of three teams...St Thomas, Miami Central and Booker T Washington.