Week 2 Thoughts for the Tampa Bay Area

peezy28

• Hell Hath Frozeth over... Plant is 0-2 and Dunedin is 2-0
  • Clearwater Beat East Lake BIG! with Jesuit coming up a good cross county contrasting styles matchup (if the game isn't affected by the we have no clue where its going Hurricane Dorian)
  • Lakewood Beat PPark 40-0... Um.. So yeah can't use the preseason or exhibition excuse... That was a huge eye opening scoreboard for a team with such talent
  • Largo's Defense is legit (offense not so much)
  • Lennard and XPole won 43-0 over Brandon Get em!
  • Mitchell and River Ridge has become one of the better rivalries in the area.  That was indeed the biggest crowd of the weekend and will be of the season Mitchell won 38-20
  •  Armwood went to Ga and lost a tough one in OT... Probably will help them in the long run
  • Manatee is also 0-2... losing to Rivalry Palmetto in OT
  • What happened to Braden River... Also 0-2
  • Watchout for Steinbrenner this year!
  • Tampa Bay Tech might be the best team in the county this year (yes Armwood included)
  • Leto needs to be like Dunedin and Go independent.
  • Plant has Gonzaga Prep, Tech, Steinbrenner and Bloomingdale next... What is their record after this run and starting 0-2?

WEEK 2 FINAL SCORES
Alonso 18, Robinson 15
Auburndale 36, Bayshore 7
Bishop Verot 38, Lakeland Christian 0
Brooksville Central 45, Gulf 8
Cambridge Christian 42, Saint Stephen’s Episcopal 0
Chamberlain 47, East Bay 8
Charlotte 42, Fort Myers 14
Citrus 21, Fivay 14
Clearwater 44, East Lake 12
Countryside 49, Land O’Lakes 7
Crystal River 46, Lecanto 0
DeSoto County 28, Lake Placid 21 (OT)
Discovery 34, The First Academy 30
Dunedin 26, Osceola 6
Eau Gallie 12, Hernando 7
Foundation Academy 34, St.Petersburg Catholic 13
Gaither 35, Plant 28
Holy Trinity Episcopal 12, Seffner Christian 7
Jesuit 39, Immokalee 6
Jordan Christian Prep 2, Avon Park 0
Keswick Christian 47, Cornerstone Charter 0
King 37, Strawberry Crest 21
Lakeland 55, American Collegiate 13
Lakewood 40, Pinellas Park 0
Largo 17, Boca Ciega 6
Legacy Charter 47, Seven Rivers Christian 27
Lennard 43, Brandon 0
Mitchell 38, River Ridge 20
Naples First Baptist 47, Hudson 14
New Smyrna Beach 43, Tampa Bay Christian 6
Newsome 49, Spoto 0
North Gwinnett (GA) 26, Armwood 23 (OT)
Northeast 35, Gibbs 0
Out-of-Door Academy 27, Bishop McLaughlin 0
Palmetto 18, Manatee 12 (OT)
Palm Harbor University 20, Seminole 6
Ponte Vedra 40, Zephyrhills 7
Port Charlotte 21, Hardee 14
Riverview 13, Durant 12
Sarasota 43, North Port 0
Sarasota Riverview 35, Braden River 28
Shorecrest Prep 19, Marco Island Academy 0
Southeast 34, Booker 14
South Sumter 33, Nature Coast Tech 0
Springstead 21, Weeki Wachee 0
Steinbrenner 41, Sickles 21
Sunlake 15, Pasco 12
Tampa Catholic 55, Cardinal Mooney 14
Tampa Bay Tech 26, Plant City 14
Tohopekaliga 38, Dixie Hollins 18
Victory Christian 6, Palmetto Ridge 3
Venice 44, St. Petersburg 0
Wharton 40, Leto 0
Wildwood 28, Chiefland 8
Wiregrass Ranch 44, Wesley Chapel 21

4 minutes ago, peezy28 said:
  • Hell Hath Frozeth over... Plant is 0-2 and Dunedin is 2-0
  • Clearwater Beat East Lake BIG! with Jesuit coming up a good cross county contrasting styles matchup (if the game isn't affected by the we have no clue where its going Hurricane Dorian)
  • Lakewood Beat PPark 40-0... Um.. So yeah can't use the preseason or exhibition excuse... That was a huge eye opening scoreboard for a team with such talent
  • Largo's Defense is legit (offense not so much)
  • Lennard and XPole won 43-0 over Brandon Get em!
  • Mitchell and River Ridge has become one of the better rivalries in the area.  That was indeed the biggest crowd of the weekend and will be of the season Mitchell won 38-20
  •  Armwood went to Ga and lost a tough one in OT... Probably will help them in the long run
  • Manatee is also 0-2... losing to Rivalry Palmetto in OT
  • What happened to Braden River... Also 0-2
  • Watchout for Steinbrenner this year!
  • Tampa Bay Tech might be the best team in the county this year (yes Armwood included)
  • Leto needs to be like Dunedin and Go independent.
  • Plant has Gonzaga Prep, Tech, Steinbrenner and Bloomingdale next... What is their record after this run and starting 0-2?

WEEK 2 FINAL SCORES
Alonso 18, Robinson 15
Auburndale 36, Bayshore 7
Bishop Verot 38, Lakeland Christian 0
Brooksville Central 45, Gulf 8
Cambridge Christian 42, Saint Stephen’s Episcopal 0
Chamberlain 47, East Bay 8
Charlotte 42, Fort Myers 14
Citrus 21, Fivay 14
Clearwater 44, East Lake 12
Countryside 49, Land O’Lakes 7
Crystal River 46, Lecanto 0
DeSoto County 28, Lake Placid 21 (OT)
Discovery 34, The First Academy 30
Dunedin 26, Osceola 6
Eau Gallie 12, Hernando 7
Foundation Academy 34, St.Petersburg Catholic 13
Gaither 35, Plant 28
Holy Trinity Episcopal 12, Seffner Christian 7
Jesuit 39, Immokalee 6
Jordan Christian Prep 2, Avon Park 0
Keswick Christian 47, Cornerstone Charter 0
King 37, Strawberry Crest 21
Lakeland 55, American Collegiate 13
Lakewood 40, Pinellas Park 0
Largo 17, Boca Ciega 6
Legacy Charter 47, Seven Rivers Christian 27
Lennard 43, Brandon 0
Mitchell 38, River Ridge 20
Naples First Baptist 47, Hudson 14
New Smyrna Beach 43, Tampa Bay Christian 6
Newsome 49, Spoto 0
North Gwinnett (GA) 26, Armwood 23 (OT)
Northeast 35, Gibbs 0
Out-of-Door Academy 27, Bishop McLaughlin 0
Palmetto 18, Manatee 12 (OT)
Palm Harbor University 20, Seminole 6
Ponte Vedra 40, Zephyrhills 7
Port Charlotte 21, Hardee 14
Riverview 13, Durant 12
Sarasota 43, North Port 0
Sarasota Riverview 35, Braden River 28
Shorecrest Prep 19, Marco Island Academy 0
Southeast 34, Booker 14
South Sumter 33, Nature Coast Tech 0
Springstead 21, Weeki Wachee 0
Steinbrenner 41, Sickles 21
Sunlake 15, Pasco 12
Tampa Catholic 55, Cardinal Mooney 14
Tampa Bay Tech 26, Plant City 14
Tohopekaliga 38, Dixie Hollins 18
Victory Christian 6, Palmetto Ridge 3
Venice 44, St. Petersburg 0
Wharton 40, Leto 0
Wildwood 28, Chiefland 8
Wiregrass Ranch 44, Wesley Chapel 21

When the last time plant started 0-3 because they seem heading to that with Gonzaga on deck

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

When the last time plant started 0-3 because they seem heading to that with Gonzaga on deck

It would have been before 2004.  2004 was Coach Weiner's first year and Plant went 3-7 (and they won their second game of the season). 

The Gonzaga game is the last weekend of September (9/27), but Plant has two games before then:  a home game against a very good Tampa Bay Tech team (9/13) and a home game against Bloomingdale (9/20). 

* Why no love for Sarasota, they've also started out 2-0 and have yet to have a point scored on them? (its amazing when kids play for the teams they're actually district to, instead of being recruited to play for teams in the adjacent county and the difference it makes)!

* No calling attention to Steinbrenner like you just noticed, I was calling this as my dark horse team for the 2019 season, at the end of last season!

* Not going to go for the kill regarding Manatee being 0-2 yet, but it very easily could still get worse........ this a team that isn't being schemed offensively for the type talent it has.....coaching coaching coaching!

Peezy, I'm in Florida and waiting to close on the house we're buying.......so hopefully within the next week or two I'll be catching some live games!

2 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

* Why no love for Sarasota, they've also started out 2-0 and have yet to have a point scored on them? (its amazing when kids play for the teams they're actually district to, instead of being recruited to play for teams in the adjacent county and the difference it makes)!

* No calling attention to Steinbrenner like you just noticed, I was calling this as my dark horse team for the 2019 season, at the end of last season!

* Not going to go for the kill regarding Manatee being 0-2 yet, but it very easily could still get worse........ this a team that isn't being schemed offensively for the type talent it has.....coaching coaching coaching!

Peezy, I'm in Florida and waiting to close on the house we're buying.......so hopefully within the next week or two I'll be catching some live games!

1. Well I am not as versed on Sarasota teams to be honest.  Since I am really a PInellas guy the teams I typically see in our news papers/Channels are Hills, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk.  They barely mention the Sarasota and Manatee teams.  So I try not to pretend to know everything about everyone just go off of what I know and find interesting.  That is a great start for the Sailors though and now that you have brought it to my attention I will pay attention to them going forwad.

2. I mentioned Stein as a potential loss for Plant but their good start does deserve a special call out.  Should be interesting

3.  I like J Green... his style may not fit what Manatee is built for offensively

What area are you buying in?

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Does that mean you have now retired and moved home?

Retired last year 6/1/2018, Bradenton was always where I wanted to return back to....(its home....) unhappy however with the direction Manatee County has turned to........Where I grew up at and all around Manatee HS has gone to hell in my opinion and I have no desire to live further inland around the interstate where all the new building is happening.......I love the Gulf of Mexico, so kept looking south till I found something in Charlotte County I really liked! Going to Manatee games isn't going to be a obstacle......well until its not safe for me to be behind the wheel of a automobile.....anyways!

1 minute ago, FL_HS_football said:

Retired last year 6/1/2018, Bradenton was always where I wanted to return back to....(its home....) unhappy however with the direction Manatee County has turned to........Where I grew up at and all around Manatee HS has gone to hell in my opinion and I have no desire to live further inland around the interstate where all the new building is happening.......I love the Gulf of Mexico, so kept looking south till I found something in Charlotte County I really liked! Going to Manatee games isn't going to be a obstacle......well until its not safe for me to be behind the wheel of a automobile.....anyways!

Hopefully, you still have several good driving years left. Anyway, welcome back to Florida! 

3 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

How many years?  I know you were there as long as I've been posting on the other board and then some lol.

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll throw in a lunch if you want to come check out a game in Lake City

Everyone that has came to see a game up here has left bragging about my hosting skills lol

One day, I don't travel for games much anymore (If I go at all these days LOL) and Charlotte is closer to me and we have played them a few times so its easier for me... Also Silver has the casa on peace river and always serves the best homemade Seafood dishes prior to hitting up the fishbowl.  YOu will have to come with it to beat The Silver Hospitality House LOL.

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

How many years?  I know you were there as long as I've been posting on the other board and then some lol.

6 months short of 40 years, started basically right after I graduated HS on 6/10/78 and started my 1st night at the Sarasota PO 1/27/1979..................the message board was a saving grace in as far allowing me a connection to Florida HS football when I transfered to Georgia, I cant even remember how I stumbled on it.....I want to say it was around 2004 or 2005 or around the time Joe came back to coach Manatee again.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, peezy28 said:

1. Well I am not as versed on Sarasota teams to be honest.  Since I am really a PInellas guy the teams I typically see in our news papers/Channels are Hills, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk.  They barely mention the Sarasota and Manatee teams.  So I try not to pretend to know everything about everyone just go off of what I know and find interesting.  That is a great start for the Sailors though and now that you have brought it to my attention I will pay attention to them going forwad.

2. I mentioned Stein as a potential loss for Plant but their good start does deserve a special call out.  Should be interesting

3.  I like J Green... his style may not fit what Manatee is built for offensively

What area are you buying in?

Peezy and FL

Thanks for the mention. Our team has worked hard to get in a position to put themselves on the map. We still expect to face a very disciplined and powerful Plant team come week 7. We will do our best to be ready each week for the opponent we face. 1 week at a time. 

Deon Silas an All-State returner last year as a sophomore  already has 3 return touchdowns and had a 4th called back. 

Lots of special players on this roster with the goal of our first district title and a return to the playoffs. The first goal can't come to fruition without a date night at Dad's Stadium against a fantastic staff and a team that is going to be more than battle tested. 

Week 3. hoping to see this storm leave so we can all get going