No week 3 talk ...sooo all of florida games are canceld ??

THIS_IS_DILLARD

7 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Many schools already lost a day due to Labor Day add in many schools losing Tuesday, I could see many school districts canceling/rescheduling games (even though that hadn't happened yet).

I believe it depends in where your at like south fl for ex broward and dade should still b able to play their games being that were only getting some win and a lil rain tomorrow. 

For ex wen school started a few weeks back school started wed but our KOC was still played fri.

10 hours ago, badbird said:

Storm isn’t moving.  It is going super slow.    Lots of games will be moved to Saturday, Monday or canceled.  In Central Florida looking forward to Edgewater vs Jones and Cocoa vs Osceola.  Hope they play.  

I was also really looking forward to the Cocoa vs Osceola game.

Unfortunately, the game has been cancelled. (Per Osceola football facebook page)

9 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I don't think I ever cared if games were cancelled before, but with trying to do playoff ranking points, you need every game, when games get changed to Monday or Saturday or you never find out if the game is canceled or rescheduled it becomes a HUGE mess. 

I think they could have continued with the prior system or done some of the things you suggested two or three years ago instead. I think this latest iteration, despite good intentions, is going to be very difficult to manage. 

37 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I don't think I ever cared if games were cancelled before, but with trying to do playoff ranking points, you need every game, when games get changed to Monday or Saturday or you never find out if the game is canceled or rescheduled it becomes a HUGE mess. 

On old system they wouldn't hesitate to just cancel any non conference game

With every game counting they are gonna try every option to try and reschedule and get game played

How bad is it over on the East Coast?  it's only Tuesday.   Dorian's supposed to be all the way up in North Carolina by Friday.  Couldn't teams practice tomorrow and Thursday and play Friday night?  Or at least play Saturday? 

I'm all for taking reasonable precautions, but unless the fields are unplayable (for practice and/or games), I'm not sure why games are being canceled.   What am I missing?

Just now, Perspective said:

How bad is it over on the East Coast?  it's only Tuesday.   Dorian's supposed to be all the way up in North Carolina by Friday.  Couldn't teams practice tomorrow and Thursday and play Friday night?  Or at least play Saturday? 

I'm all for taking reasonable precautions, but unless the fields are unplayable (for practice and/or games), I'm not sure why games are being canceled.   What am I missing?

I think some teams aren't sure what to expect from the fields post the storm and don't want to play a game and potentially have no practice time before the game

25 minutes ago, Perspective said:

The biggest issue is that the districts cancelled school. When they do that, they cancel all activities associated with the district (including practices). I’m in Central Florida and it’s not bad here at all but it’s a tall order to get back to school on Thursday (at the earliest) and try to play a game Friday or Saturday. It becomes a bigger headache if there’s a team from another county who can’t play when you can. No coach likes the Monday game (especially with District games getting ready to start). It sucks for the kids most of all because they lose out on a game if the one they miss isn’t rescheduled.