Jax TCA vs Venice this Friday

JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP

9 minutes ago, badbird said:

I wouldn’t cry if they didn’t make the playoffs

U sure are a trinity hater ... u said Venice rolls on Little ol TCA , but honestly if TCA kicker didn't choke .. then little 3a trinity beats 7a Venice.( who has beat sta) .. soo U can't say TCA isn't a good team ... trinity will make play off and win state 

11 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

U sure are a trinity hater ... u said Venice rolls on Little ol TCA , but honestly if TCA kicker didn't choke .. then little 3a trinity beats 7a Venice.( who has beat sta) .. soo U can't say TCA isn't a good team ... trinity will make play off and win state 

If TCA wants to win state (and beat a team like Chaminade) they need to step up on defense

So far this year

Given up 38 points to Columbia

Given up 42 to Godby

Given up 50 to Venice

Teams don't win Championships playing defense like that

14 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Trinity hater lol.  Where did I say Venice rolls?  I could give two shits about TCA.  Only mentioned them here because they were playing a good team.  Heck I picked them to beat Columbia in the pick em contest.  The reason I said I wouldn’t cry if they missed the playoffs is because it would prove how bad our system is.  I’m not saying the system is bad but the fhsaa ran it out there and once again and failed to produce the numbers behind it.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:34 PM, nolebull813 said:

Venice rolls. Jax TC has always seemed better than they are because they are in 3A. Truthfully they are not a good team and haven’t been for as long back as I can remember. They would get destroyed by the South Florida schools annually. They are good in 3A but that’s it. State wide they aren’t that good 

So I guess I’m nolebull813 now.  

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Trinity hater lol.  Where did I say Venice rolls?  I could give two shits about TCA.  Only mentioned them here because they were playing a good team.  Heck I picked them to beat Columbia in the pick em contest.  The reason I said I wouldn’t cry if they missed the playoffs is because it would prove how bad our system is.  I’m not saying the system is bad but the fhsaa ran it out there and once again and failed to produce the numbers behind it.

Wasn't that your only miss in week 1?

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If TCA wants to win state (and beat a team like Chaminade) they need to step up on defense

So far this year

Given up 38 points to Columbia

Given up 42 to Godby

Given up 50 to Venice

Teams don't win Championships playing defense like that

U are right they do have to play better defense... but everybody use to trinity play 3a team .. trinity is playing the best teams in the state this year, that's why they are getting so many points scored on them. If TCA dose make it to the playoffs I don't think any1 will stop them. Chaminade is good but I don't think there all that, trinity will be fine against them 

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Thanks for the apology.  I have nothing against TCA.  I live 2.5 hours away from them and the teams I root for will never have to play them.  If I lived in Jacksonville i might not like them lol

It's no problem bro .. and I'm sure u wouldn't, nobody in duval dose lol .. but that's the school I played for soo U know I gotta go hard for them!!!!

8 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

It's no problem bro .. and I'm sure u wouldn't, nobody in duval dose lol .. but that's the school I played for soo U know I gotta go hard for them!!!!

Good game TCA fan and good luck! I almost had a heart attack last night! Lol. I didn’t expect the game to be so high scoring

Thank u sir .. we gone need it  because next we got American heritage, then carol city , pahokee,  booker t Washington, and colquitt county.. that's going to be really tonight ... and trinity already have they other two running backs hurt... #3 for TCA last night starts but we had #1 who tore his acl and #21 who snapped his wrist .. and they are both just as good as #3

9 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Thank u sir .. we gone need it  because next we got American heritage, then carol city , pahokee,  booker t Washington, and colquitt county.. that's going to be really tonight ... and trinity already have they other two running backs hurt... #3 for TCA last night starts but we had #1 who tore his acl and #21 who snapped his wrist .. and they are both just as good as #3

I see Trinity losing all of those games except for Pahokee. Sorry but with those injuries it’s gonna be tough and TCA might miss the playoffs this year.

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I see Trinity losing all of those games except for Pahokee. Sorry but with those injuries it’s gonna be tough and TCA might miss the playoffs this year.

TCA will beat Pahokee, Lee and potentially Raines which will get them to 4-6 

Their region isn't that good and the records of those teams will probably be enough to get them into the Playoffs but they need to win those 3 games i listed

On 9/6/2019 at 4:03 PM, nolebull813 said:

Not good. No elite team in any state would ever lost to North Marion. You can look at schedules all you want but the fact is they have sub par coaching and an atrocious offensive scheme. It’s terrible. 

Their success at the 3A level has masked the fact they are not very good at the state or national level. 

I’m talking top 5-7 in state and top 50-75 in the nation: not even close. 

If they are not very good at the state or national level, one could debate that there are no such such teams in north FL...at least not of late.  When was the last time a north FL school won a marquis matchup against an OOS powerhouse and "proved" itself on a national scale?  Likewise, north FL schools have not routinely proven themselves against the south FL powers.

That said,  TC has 29 playoff wins over the past 10 seasons-only 3 teams (STA, Armwood and Central ) in the state have won more.  The 2016 team I saw beat Chaminade-Madonna was a very good team.  Were they top 5 in FL or top 100 in nation?  That's debatable.  But the reality is that only a handful of FL teams of late have proven they belonged amongst the top 50-100 teams in the nation(STA, Central and Booker T).  If we want to pick apart TC, we can easily do the same to a number of other teams.  

On 9/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, Jags904 said:

I just don’t know of any successful private school that is doing that. That was my point. 

Bishop Moore Catholic HS plays in 5A without the benefit of transfer recruits or scholarships. If an athlete wants to attend Bishop Moore, they have to pay the $14K tuition each year. Still, their schedule includes teams like 7A Edgewater and 5A Jones, the top two ranked teams in Central Florida (both recruit the area heavily), as well as nationally ranked Archbishop Spalding (Maryland/DC), who also heavily recruits the Mid-Atlantic area. Without a change in scheduling philosophy, it will become increasingly more difficult for BM to compete successfully in non-district 5A games. Recruiting will eventually destroy football at the "regular" high schools.

24 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Bishop Moore Catholic HS plays in 5A without the benefit of transfer recruits or scholarships. If an athlete wants to attend Bishop Moore, they have to pay the $14K tuition each year. Still, their schedule includes teams like 7A Edgewater and 5A Jones, the top two ranked teams in Central Florida (both recruit the area heavily), as well as nationally ranked Archbishop Spalding (Maryland/DC), who also heavily recruits the Mid-Atlantic area. Without a change in scheduling philosophy, it will become increasingly more difficult for BM to compete successfully in non-district 5A games. Recruiting will eventually destroy football at the "regular" high schools.

I thought recruiting was illegal.  B)

6 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I thought recruiting was illegal.  B)

It is illegal for coaches to approach players from outside their school district. It doesn't prevent players talking to players from other teams and then manipulating the open transfer policy our state legislature recently adopted. Suddenly, you have several players with different last names living in one home. Hmmm! It can't happen unless the coaches encourage and accept it.

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Problem is some view transfers as recruiting 

The transfer system is the tool they use to recruit. In a city like Orlando, where schools aren't that far apart, it's easy for a kid who can drive to move from one school to another as long as that school has available capacity, Coaches are using that free transfer policy to poach athletes from neighboring schools. I'm sure it's the same way in South Florida and Tampa. Where coaches get in trouble is when the destination school doesn't have available capacity; then, phony addresses have been used to facilitate the transfer. It's not my responsibility to uncover violations that all coaches are already aware of.

36 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

The transfer system is the tool they use to recruit. In a city like Orlando, where schools aren't that far apart, it's easy for a kid who can drive to move from one school to another as long as that school has available capacity, Coaches are using that free transfer policy to poach athletes from neighboring schools. I'm sure it's the same way in South Florida and Tampa. Where coaches get in trouble is when the destination school doesn't have available capacity; then, phony addresses have been used to facilitate the transfer. It's not my responsibility to uncover violations that all coaches are already aware of.

Don't forget Jacksonville

58 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

It is illegal for coaches to approach players from outside their school district. It doesn't prevent players talking to players from other teams and then manipulating the open transfer policy our state legislature recently adopted. Suddenly, you have several players with different last names living in one home. Hmmm! It can't happen unless the coaches encourage and accept it.

I hear what you're saying, and I understand that 'kids will be kids and kids will talk to other kids,' but just so you (and others are aware), players can't encourage players from other teams to come play for their school.

From the current FHSAA Football Manual:

“Athletic recruiting” is any effort by a school employee, athletic department staff member or representative of a school’s athletic interests to pressure, urge or entice a student to attend that school for the purpose of participating in interscholastic athletics.

“Representative of a school’s athletic interests” refers to any independent person, business or organization that participates in, assists with and/or promotes that school’s interscholastic athletic program. This includes:
(a)  A student-athlete or other student participant in the athletic program at that school;

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

The transfer system has made it easier for a kid zoned for one school to attend another school in another district and play sports at the new school.  No question about it.   That was always the intent of the legislation.   It allowed the rich to get richer (except those that are at capacity; they get screwed).  It has, in my opinion, allowed schools, coaches, boosters, players, parents, etc.  to be a little more brazen about "encouraging" kids to take advantage of the new transfer policy.  And, at the same time, the FHSAA has significantly throttled back its investigative and enforcement duties, responsibilities and obligations, perhaps because they don't want to run the risk of being legislated completely out of existence.   Imagine, if you will, a society where law enforcement is afraid to pursue criminals for fear that they will be put out of business if they arrest/prosecute those very criminals.  Well, that's where we are now with high school football.