Jax TCA vs Venice this Friday

JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP

28 minutes ago, Perspective said:

The transfer system has made it easier for a kid zoned for one school to attend another school in another district and play sports at the new school.  No question about it.   That was always the intent of the legislation.   It allowed the rich to get richer (except those that are at capacity; they get screwed).  It has, in my opinion, allowed schools, coaches, boosters, players, parent, etc.  to be a little more brazen about "encouraging" kids to take advantage of the new transfer policy.  And, at the same time, the FHSAA has significantly throttled back its investigative and enforcement duties, responsibilities and obligations, perhaps because they don't want to run the risk of being legislated completely out of existence.   Imagine, if you will, a society where law enforcement is afraid to pursue criminals for fear that they will be put out of business if they arrest/prosecute those very criminals.  Well, that's where we are now with high school football. 

The sad part is that we will end up with a few all-star teams in each major area and the rest of the teams will be mediocre at best. Kids will lose interest or just get tired of getting their butts kicked by the super teams. We may even see more serious injuries as a result of big mismatches. Any way you look at it, it isn't good for high school football in the long run.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Thought new rule was if you are at a school that doesn't offer athletics you can go to any school but you would also as an athlete count towards student enrollment count of the school you play at

You are correct if a student is not enrolled at a school, but attending a school that doesn't offer athletics are supposed to count in the enrollment of that school for FHSAA purposes. The reality is that is generally doesn't matter because a school probably has less than 20 of those students in a given year, but yes they are supposed to count.

If your guidance department doesn't know who these kids are, how is your AD doing GPA checks, age checks?  

24 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

The sad part is that we will end up with a few all-star teams in each major area and the rest of the teams will be mediocre at best. Kids will lose interest or just get tired of getting their butts kicked by the super teams. We may even see more serious injuries as a result of big mismatches. Any way you look at it, it isn't good for high school football in the long run.

Sadly, since the state legislature is out to destroy public education in the name of "choice" the answer for athletics is a promotion/relegation system that allows those all-star teams to play each other. 

51 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

You are correct if a student is not enrolled at a school, but attending a school that doesn't offer athletics are supposed to count in the enrollment of that school for FHSAA purposes. The reality is that is generally doesn't matter because a school probably has less than 20 of those students in a given year, but yes they are supposed to count.

If your guidance department doesn't know who these kids are, how is your AD doing GPA checks, age checks?  

they don't go through guidance.  These kids never talk to guidance.  Birth Certificate and EL7 form.   The state could add them to the numbers the school sends.  Doub't it happens.  Like you said the numbers at most schools are insignificant.  I'm at a large school and we have lest than 30 home school/small schools with out sports attend our school.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

If they are not very good at the state or national level, one could debate that there are no such such teams in north FL...at least not of late.  When was the last time a north FL school won a marquis matchup against an OOS powerhouse and "proved" itself on a national scale?  Likewise, north FL schools have not routinely proven themselves against the south FL powers.

That said,  TC has 29 playoff wins over the past 10 seasons-only 3 teams (STA, Armwood and Central ) in the state have won more.  The 2016 team I saw beat Chaminade-Madonna was a very good team.  Were they top 5 in FL or top 100 in nation?  That's debatable.  But the reality is that only a handful of FL teams of late have proven they belonged amongst the top 50-100 teams in the nation(STA, Central and Booker T).  If we want to pick apart TC, we can easily do the same to a number of other teams.  

To answer your question. No North Floridian team has beaten a national OOS team. 

And Jax TC has the perception of being good because of the success in the lower classes. They are a quality small team. But so is Mt Union college. But I wouldn’t put them against Alabama. Lol. 

TC losing to a team like North Marion in 5A was the perfect example of them being a big fish in a small pond, and when they get dumped in the river they get devoured. 

20 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

To answer your question. No North Floridian team has beaten a national OOS team. 

And Jax TC has the perception of being good because of the success in the lower classes. They are a quality small team. But so is Mt Union college. But I wouldn’t put them against Alabama. Lol. 

TC losing to a team like North Marion in 5A was the perfect example of them being a big fish in a small pond, and when they get dumped in the river they get devoured. 

How recent you talking?

22 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

There may be a certain mystique surrounding certain private school programs in FL and beyond that causes pollsters to fall in love with them.  Along those lines, I've posted in the past about Chaminade and their limited examples of marquis wins against the bigger powerhouses of south FL.  Like Trinity Christian, they are a quality smaller team, but they seem to lack the depth to hang with the big boys for 4 quarters.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There may be a certain mystique surrounding certain private school programs in FL and beyond that causes pollsters to fall in love with them.  Along those lines, I've posted in the past about Chaminade and their limited examples of marquis wins against the bigger powerhouses of south FL.  Like Trinity Christian, they are a quality smaller team, but they seem to lack the depth to hang with the big boys for 4 quarters.

They don't have enough depth!!! But y'all acting like tca getting blown out every game , their not and they won't .. they might not win every game but they will give every school they play this year a run for their money!!!

and yes the got beat pretty bad by Columbia, but that was just a bad game it wouldn't happen again 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Jax TCA beat eastside catholic.. who was ranked # 24 in the country in 2014 

1 hour ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

They don't have enough depth!!! But y'all acting like tca getting blown out every game , their not and they won't .. they might not win every game but they will give every school they play this year a run for their money!!!

and yes the got beat pretty bad by Columbia, but that was just a bad game it wouldn't happen again 

3A can’t compete at the high level. It’s ok I don’t expect them to. I don’t expect Jax TC to compete with Lakeland, STA, MNW, M Central etc. They are a quality 3A team and that’s it. 

State wide no not at all

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

3A can’t compete at the high level. It’s ok I don’t expect them to. I don’t expect Jax TC to compete with Lakeland, STA, MNW, M Central etc. They are a quality 3A team and that’s it. 

State wide no not at all

Nole, I also think they were a quality 5A team in the years they were in 5A. They went 13-1 last season defeating some very good teams like Braden River, Bolles, Palm Beach Lakes, Columbia, and  Wakulla. Went to the 4th round in 5A. Just barely lost to North Marion which had the best team they have ever had in 2018. TCA also routinely defeats Lincoln ,Godby, and Ponte Vedra three very tough teams.  Gave IMG all they could handle in 2016. So, I don't see how they could be considered only a quality 3A team if they are defeating from 5A to 7A teams on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Nole, I also think they were a quality 5A team in the years they were in 5A. They went 13-1 last season defeating some very good teams like Braden River, Bolles, Palm Beach Lakes, Columbia, and  Wakulla. Went to the 4th round in 5A. Just barely lost to North Marion which had the best team they have ever had in 2018. TCA also routinely defeats Lincoln ,Godby, and Ponte Vedra three very tough teams.  Gave IMG all they could handle in 2016. So, I don't see how they could be considered only a quality 3A team if they are defeating from 5A to 7A teams on a regular basis.

Thank u proseteye !!!! The 2016 game against TCA and IMG, TCA scored more points then Anybody on they schedule accept for centennial... and they had sum big name teams like Grayson, St. John's , and Long Beach poly .. TCA played a better game then all of those teams 

TCA is more talented than every team they play and I respect the heck out of the kids that are there, that’s never been my issue with them. It’s always been the coaching (or lack there of). I want guys to watch their film, 6 or 7 games worth and tell me that they are better coached than any team they play. It’s basic, pop warner coaching...they just have the better athletes. 

The reason they got smacked in the mouth by Columbia is Allen at Columbia is a dang good football coach. Depth plays a role but it’s not why they lost to Venice or Columbia. 

2 hours ago, Jags904 said:

TCA is more talented than every team they play and I respect the heck out of the kids that are there, that’s never been my issue with them. It’s always been the coaching (or lack there of). I want guys to watch their film, 6 or 7 games worth and tell me that they are better coached than any team they play. It’s basic, pop warner coaching...they just have the better athletes. 

The reason they got smacked in the mouth by Columbia is Allen at Columbia is a dang good football coach. Depth plays a role but it’s not why they lost to Venice or Columbia. 

I've had people tell me before that if you gave Coach Allen the same level of talent to work with that you see at STA or IMG then Columbia would be best team in entire nation

For those reading the thread read between the lines there and figure out the main point behind that statement 

2 hours ago, Jags904 said:

Also to be fair columbia on paper wasn't that far out-matched by TCA

TCA was loaded in secondary but argubly every other position Columbia had better athletes 

Only other position that may have been close was RBs

QB for Columbia was clearly better

WR definitely better at Columbia

OL at Columbia looked better

DL and linebackers were definitely more loaded at Columbia

For those who don't believe me just watch the game 

https://youtu.be/vUtRojNTz-o

And just to show I'm not being a homer just look at TCA senior class

3 rated players in entire senior class, all 3 in secondary

Argubly TCA is only loaded in the secondary, rest of positions are not loaded by any stretch

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1450

Further deep looks also show that of all the players on TCA only 4 are star rated (3 seniors and 1 junior)

All 4 are DBs

So argubly outside of the DBs TCA is not truly loaded this year as they were in past years

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1450

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1450

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1450

4 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Thank u proseteye !!!! The 2016 game against TCA and IMG, TCA scored more points then Anybody on they schedule accept for centennial... and they had sum big name teams like Grayson, St. John's , and Long Beach poly .. TCA played a better game then all of those teams 

You'll have to forgive Columbia Fan. He's definitely a 24/7 super fan of the Tigers and feels that no other team deserves as much credit. It's true that Columbia is a pretty good team although I don't believe they have ever won a championship. I might be wrong and Columbia Fan will immediately let me know the error of my ways. How many championships has TCA won? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. How many has IMG won, who Columbia Fan never gives credit to. Now Columbia Fan don't get all bent out of shape. We still love you and truly enjoy your contribution to this forum which would not be as lively without you, Bro. :)

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

You'll have to forgive Columbia Fan. He's definitely a 24/7 super fan of the Tigers and feels that no other team deserves as much credit. It's true that Columbia is a pretty good team although I don't believe they have ever won a championship. I might be wrong and Columbia Fan will immediately let me know the error of my ways. How many championships has TCA won? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. How many has IMG won, who Columbia Fan never gives credit to. Now Columbia Fan don't get all bent out of shape. We still love you and truly enjoy your contribution to this forum which would not be as lively without you, Bro. :)

First off we have won a Championship

Second off I'm not saying TCA don't deserve credit for winning but I'm also not gonna pretend this TCA team is the same one as those teams in 2014 or 2015 or 2016 who were argubly top 10 in FL

Again I'll repeat, 4 players on TCA entire team is rated, all 4 are DBs

Is the entire team loaded or just the secondary, I didn't just throw out opinions, I backed it up with evidence 

As for TCA i have a ton of respect for them (more than most schools in North Florida) because they aren't afraid to actually schedule us, wish more schools up here in North Florida would be fearless with scheduling like them so we wouldn't have to still be trying to fill a schedule in August

Wish I could say the same about Suwannee, Buchholz or Bolles who all had no interest in continuing to play and many others who had no interest in playing yet i always see players for those teams talking big like they elite in the state

4 hours ago, Jags904 said:

I'll give u that TCA has pretty sorry play calling.. they can defy do better in that area .. but they do have good coaches.. but their more soo position coaches.. they are good at getting every position on the field college ready but play calling is sorry 

Ppl always say TCA is not ready to play the big school... but how can u be ready to play the big school if u never play them ?? My point is at least TCA is starting to play the big name schools soo they can get to that level..because I deff don't see a lot of small schools playing big name schools at all ... TCA is a 3a power that is trying to transition into a power period and they only way to do that is play the good school ... soo give TCA just a lil credit plz 

3 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Ppl always say TCA is not ready to play the big school... but how can u be ready to play the big school if u never play them ?? My point is at least TCA is starting to play the big name schools soo they can get to that level..because I deff don't see a lot of small schools playing big name schools at all ... TCA is a 3a power this is trying to transition into a power period and they only way to do that is play the good school ... soo give TCA just a lil credit plz 

I don't disagree, TCA has definitely been stepping up their schedule to face good teams and i respect that

Too many schools up here in Northeast FL dodging good competition only to act like they some big dogs that can be mentioned alongside elite programs after they beat up on a few JV level opponents