Jax TCA vs Venice this Friday

JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't disagree, TCA has definitely been stepping up their schedule to face good teams and i respect that

Too many schools up here in Northeast FL dodging good competition only to act like they some big dogs that can be mentioned alongside elite programs after they beat up on a few JV level opponents 

That's exactly what I'm saying!! I'm mostly talking about the ppl in the duval city football group .. they act like all they schools so good but they only play other sorry duval schools I promise u Columbia and TCA would beat or blow out every team in duval 

1 hour ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

That's exactly what I'm saying!! I'm mostly talking about the ppl in the duval city football group .. they act like all they schools so good but they only play other sorry duval schools I promise u Columbia and TCA would beat or blow out every team in duval 

Oh i agree

Many on there seem to think that half of Duval is elite on a state level lol

In reality only raines and TCA are currently elite on a state level (Mandarin had a good year last year but need to stay on top more consistently first)

They don't realize just how bad someone like Lee or sandalwood or Fletcher or Jackson would get beat if they played a Miami Northwestern, Miami Central, Lakeland or St Thomas Aquinas

22 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

They don't have enough depth!!! But y'all acting like tca getting blown out every game , their not and they won't .. they might not win every game but they will give every school they play this year a run for their money!!!

and yes the got beat pretty bad by Columbia, but that was just a bad game it wouldn't happen again 

TC is a quality program and, in their best years, could give most teams in the state, regardless of class, a run for the money on any night.  I don't think many would have a problem seeing them ranked in the #15-25 range in FL some years.  The question is, do they routinely belong amongst the Top 10 in the state all classes. 

They have beaten some quality teams over the years.  But if they played an Armwood, Lakeland, St Thomas Aquinas or Miami Central 10 times, would I gamble that TC could win the majority of the games...no way.  That's not a knock on the program.  Like nolebull said, I would not expect TC or any smaller school program to pull that off, no matter how transferred up they are..  

There seems to be a certain subset of teams that year in and year out, start the season ranked highly in the polls and end up disappointing.  We all could probably name a few of those teams I speak of.  I think the pollsters set those teams up for disappointment in the eyes of the fans.  Case in point, TC was ranked #4 in our preseason poll.  Based on that ranking, I am sure there is at least one person out there pointing the finger saying TC is a disappointment this year.  

Then we have teams that are not ranked for whatever reason, ie Booker T(who just came within 3 points of Miami Central).  I bet there are 10 teams in Miami-Dade alone, who, on a given night, could give TC all it could handle, if not beat them.  Sorry, but I do not see TC being a Top 10 FL in a "typical" year.  I think that was nolebull's point.  I have to agree with him concerning TC's game against N Marion.  A Top 10 FL team finds a way to beat a N Marion team, even on their worst of nights   Does their loss mean they are not a very good program...no, they typically are.