A Merciless Beat Down

DarterBlue2

Was being administered by Archbishop Spaulding on Bishop Moore. Spaulding is well coached and heavily recruited. Their O Line created huge holes and their backs took full advantage. They also lacked brotherly love for their Catholic brethren as with two seconds to go to the half, they call a timeout with the ball at around the BM 45. The QB, making his intentions very clear, throws a bomb into the end zone that was just out of reach of his receiver. At the time the score was 35-7 Spaulding.

Having seen that, I decided to call it a night and went home. While I am not a BM fan, I take no pleasure seeing them, or for that matter, any local team get beat down by an out of state team. I remember Miami Northwestern being chastised for throwing bombs when they were up by 20 against Lake Brantley in the 2006 title game. In this case the Archbishop was up by 28. 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Man I told you for months. Lol: B Moore is garbage. 

Sad the coaches put their kids in a position for failure and embarrassment. It’s irresponsible

Dont take it personal. Tons of teams in Florida all the time 

It pains me to say you were right. BM sleepwalked through the first quarter and did not put together a meaningful drive till their fourth or fifth possession when they marched downfield aided by a 15 yard penalty and scored. On the other side of the ball the Archbishop scored on each of its first three possessions. 

It was very difficult to watch. If BM gives Jones a game next Friday, it speaks volumes for Central Florida football and, perhaps, all of Florida football in what looks like a down year. 

Florida is down big time but that could be aided by the fact that so many FL teams willingly sign up for ass whoopings. 

Its terrible. It is a disservice to the fans who come and pay money to help operate the whole sha-bang!! 

Freaking running clocks at halftime. People want to watch a competitive and compelling game. 

Josh needs to call these teams out. Not by name but throw it out there to stop playing waste of game throwaways. The fans and players for both teams don’t deserve it 

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Was being administered by Archbishop Spaulding on Bishop Moore. Spaulding is well coached and heavily recruited. Their O Line created huge holes and their backs took full advantage. They also lacked brotherly love for their Catholic brethren as with two seconds to go to the half, they call a timeout with the ball at around the BM 45. The QB, making his intentions very clear, throws a bomb into the end zone that was just out of reach of his receiver. At the time the score was 35-7 Spaulding.

Having seen that, I decided to call it a night and went home. While I am not a BM fan, I take no pleasure seeing them, or for that matter, any local team get beat down by an out of state team. I remember Miami Northwestern being chastised for throwing bombs when they were up by 20 against Lake Brantley in the 2006 title game. In this case the Archbishop was up by 28. 

I saw tonight that Bolles was up 34-0 and was throwing the ball before halftime. This was after an onside kick. Sheesh. 

21 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

I saw tonight that Bolles was up 34-0 and was throwing the ball before halftime. This was after an onside kick. Sheesh. 

I feel if a team is up big, and would be criticized for throwing the ball, then the losing team shouldn’t be able to throw the ball. 

Because who the hell does someone think they are to say “hey your not allowed to throw. Only we can!!!”

I sat through the entire Bishop Moore - Archbishop Spalding mismatch. I think AS was up 14-0 by the time the young lady finished the national anthem. This is a game that should not have been scheduled. You cannot take a 5A private school that doesn't recruit or give athletic scholarships and put them on the field with the second best prep school from Maryland, a team full of recruits. BM was outweighed across the lines by at least 75 pounds per player, but the BM lines played hard and gave up yards grudgingly. AS has at least 7 lineman that weigh in over 300 pounds. On top of the physical disadvantage, the AS QB threw at will against BM's weak secondary. This is the 4th game in a row that BM secondary has been taken apart by opposing QB's; it's getting real old. They get beat deep for TD's at least 3-4 times a game, and once the other team discovers they can't tackle either, running sweeps go for big gains, often for long TD's. The BM secondary needs a total overhaul or this is going to be a long season. Next up is Jones and then and undefeated, unscored upon, South Sumter team.  

1 minute ago, HornetFan said:

I sat through the entire Bishop Moore - Archbishop Spalding mismatch. I think AS was up 14-0 by the time the young lady finished the national anthem. This is a game that should not have been scheduled. You cannot take a 5A private school that doesn't recruit or give athletic scholarships and put them on the field with the second best prep school from Maryland, a team full of recruits. BM was outweighed across the lines by at least 75 pounds per player, but the BM lines played hard and gave up yards grudgingly. AS has at least 7 lineman that weigh in over 300 pounds. On top of the physical disadvantage, the AS QB threw at will against BM's weak secondary. This is the 4th game in a row that BM secondary has been taken apart by opposing QB's; it's getting real old. They get beat deep for TD's at least 3-4 times a game, and once the other team discovers they can't tackle either, running sweeps go for big gains, often for long TD's. The BM secondary needs a total overhaul or this is going to be a long season. Next up is Jones and then and undefeated, unscored upon, South Sumter team.  

Good news.  South Sumter was scored on tonight.    

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

AS didn't pull their starters until the 4th quarter and they were still throwing the ball downfield trying to burn BM's Pop Warner level secondary.

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Man I told you for months. Lol: B Moore is garbage. 

Sad the coaches put their kids in a position for failure and embarrassment. It’s irresponsible

Dont take it personal. Tons of teams in Florida all the time 

I wouldn't go so far as to say BM is garbage. They have played 7A Edgewater (full of recruits and the #1 ranked team in Central Florida), Gainesville Eastside (Anthony Richardson - UF commit and #1 QB in state of Florida), and nationally ranked Archbishop Spalding. Next u is Jones (#2 ranked team in Central Florida), and then South Sumter (unbeaten and unscored upon). I'll agree that their secondary is absolutely terrible and drags the team down every game. There's some very good talent on this team, but none of it is in the secondary. I think that maybe even FSU could score on BM's secondary.

12 hours ago, badbird said:

yes South Lake is down.  South Sumter is pretty good and still young.   They should be even better next year.  That game is a toss up.

The first half of BM's schedule is ridiculously difficult. The second half should have them favored in every game. Jones will win their 5A district, but BM will probably sneak into playoffs under the new FHSAA formula. Their opponents schedules will give them a big boost. I'd rather see the kids play a reasonable schedule; I think they would enjoy it a lot more.