Jones vs Edgewater

HornetFan

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Wekiva is not that good.  Don’t get confused by the West Orange score.  West Orange quit in the second half.  I don’t think Wekiva competes with Jones or Edgewater

They did not look good in the Spring game. I have not seen them live since them, but they have scored two impressive victories in the new season. I respect your opinion and will take you word until I see them that Edgewater is superior to them. 

Central Florida is down if Edgewater is the best team. They let B Moore hang around and B Moore looked like a junior varsity team against Spalding. And Spalding isn’t even nationally elite! 

Man the state as a whole doesn’t have an elite team nationally. Some great ones but not elite. Like compete for national title elite.

down year for sure. Edgewater is gonna get rolled by Marietta 

16 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They did not look good in the Spring game. I have not seen them live since them, but they have scored two impressive victories in the new season. I respect your opinion and will take you word until I see them that Edgewater is superior to them. 

16 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I don't think the Wekiva victory over Winter Park was that impressive based on Wekiva's play. It was more Winter Park giving the game away. WP fumbled twice for TD's by Wekiva. A couple more self-inflicted turnovers led to Wekiva TD's. It  was just a sloppy game by WP. In the Spring game against Bishop Moore, Wekiva was not impressive. BM drove the ball down the field on them rather easily. That was a BM team that just finished a half against Boone playing a fresh Wekiva team. I still have doubts about Wekiva.

16 hours ago, badbird said:

Wekiva is not that good.  Don’t get confused by the West Orange score.  West Orange quit in the second half.  I don’t think Wekiva competes with Jones or Edgewater

I have seen both Wekiva and Edgewater play Bishop Moore. Edgewater would run Wekiva off the field; talent and speed aren't even close. More on Jones after game this Friday with BM.

15 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Central Florida is down if Edgewater is the best team. They let B Moore hang around and B Moore looked like a junior varsity team against Spalding. And Spalding isn’t even nationally elite! 

Man the state as a whole doesn’t have an elite team nationally. Some great ones but not elite. Like compete for national title elite.

down year for sure. Edgewater is gonna get rolled by Marietta 

Edgewater is loaded with talent this year, not at level of national elite, but definitely a threat to reach final four in state. That said, the Archbishop Spalding team that "made BM look like a junior varsity team", would make many of the so-called Florida elite look like Pop Warner teams. AS is probably the 2nd best team in Mid-Atlantic region, next to St Frances, who made Miami Central look like a girl's field hockey team. 

17 hours ago, badbird said:

Disappointed in Jones performance.  Edgewater is good and well coached.  

Edgewater out-recruited Jones including stealing one of Jones' best players from last year's team. Jones also lost their QB to IMG. You have to love it when the wolves feed on each other.

33 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Edgewater is loaded with talent this year, not at level of national elite, but definitely a threat to reach final four in state. That said, the Archbishop Spalding team that "made BM look like a junior varsity team", would make many of the so-called Florida elite look like Pop Warner teams. AS is probably the 2nd best team in Mid-Atlantic region, next to St Frances, who made Miami Central look like a girl's field hockey team. 

AS isn’t even top 4 in the DMV area. 

SFA

SJC

Gonzaga 

Dematha 

are all better 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

AS isn’t even top 4 in the DMV area. 

SFA

SJC

Gonzaga 

Dematha 

are all better 

SFA is ranked #1 in the country by MaxPreps. The other teams are being rated based upon last year's teams; that doesn't make them better this year. Baltimore's daily newspaper said AS is vastly better this year and rated them #2 in are to SFA. The schools you listed are prep schools and all recruit the Mid-Atlantic region just like SFA and AS do. This are not your average high school football teams. If you think they are, I suggest you ask Miami Central, one of the "South Florida Elite".