Any team ever won state with a losing record??

561_Fan

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am pretty sure the answer is no. A couple teams including Apopka have won state with four regular season losses.

Good luck to Pahokee on its unique quest!

Trying to find a glimmer of hope in this season. Especially, with being a FSU alum/fan I’m struggling on Saturday also.

4 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

It will get better.  People forget that UCF was 0-12 just a few seasons ago. 

UCF was 0-12 four years ago because Coach O'Leary ran an antiquated offense, targeted recruits no one else wanted, and drove morale into the basement. Scott Frost lifted the team up, put in a fast paced offense, recruited the fastest players available, and restored morale in the locker room. When we lost Frost to Nebraska, we were fortunate to get Josh Heupel as our new coach; he built on what Frost started.

FSU faces bigger issues. Their fans expect national titles, not a national joke on Saturday afternoon. The talent level has disappeared in Tally. The perfect storm has arrived in Florida and FSU is drowning. UCF has established themselves as a national force; one that Power 5 teams want to avoid. Manny Diaz has the "U" on the verge of a resurrection. Dan Mullins has Florida back in the top 10 in the nation. FSU made possibly the worst coaching hire of any team in the past ten years. Willie Taggert is a disaster; his buyout is $17million. With attendance falling and booster support sagging, FSU cannot afford to fire him and top level talent won't sign with him. FSU may have to get used to looking up to the Pitts and Wake Forests of the ACC.

21 hours ago, HornetFan said:

FSU faces bigger issues. Their fans expect national titles, not a national joke on Saturday afternoon. The talent level has disappeared in Tally. The perfect storm has arrived in Florida and FSU is drowning. UCF has established themselves as a national force; one that Power 5 teams want to avoid. Manny Diaz has the "U" on the verge of a resurrection. Dan Mullins has Florida back in the top 10 in the nation. FSU made possibly the worst coaching hire of any team in the past ten years. Willie Taggert is a disaster; his buyout is $17million. With attendance falling and booster support sagging, FSU cannot afford to fire him and top level talent won't sign with him. FSU may have to get used to looking up to the Pitts and Wake Forests of the ACC.

Finebaum and Bianchi had this discussion about Willie Taggart. Yes, as a Gator fan, I want Willie to stay forever, but in reality, when Willie was hired, I did not think it was a bad hire at all. He had won at Western Kentucky, he had won at USF, he was rebuilding at Oregon and went to 7-5 during the regular season as he left. I don't know if FSU will recover, but I think it will. 

We are going to look back at the end of the season and see the Boise State loss as a "good" loss as Boise State will be Top 15 in the country. I would be willing to take a chance that FSU ends up with 6 wins and is bowl eligible. It won't be enough for FSU fans who want to challenge for national titles, but I do not know if anybody is ever truly going to unseat Clemson/Bama for dominance anytime soon.  

https://247sports.com/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-football-Willie-Taggart-Paul-Finebaum-destination-job-133287572/

On 9/9/2019 at 10:10 PM, 561_Fan said:

If Pahokee makes the postseason, we might have a chance 

Northwestern was 5-5 last year and won it all.... Pahokee has got to have one of the hardest schedules in the state. THere is a ton of talent on the team, hope the kids can stay focused through the tough losses and continue to get better and go get a ring. Yall deserve one for that bs in 2016. Should get a win this week against a way down dwyer team