Boca Ciega Beat Tarpon 88-0 in 3 qtrs

peezy28

19 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard would probably score 100 on them in 2.5 quarters. The score reminds me of the Jones vs Oak Ridge where Jones was up 63-0 at the half. 

Smh i dont understand why teams like that reguse to go independent. If u ask me i think classifications should be open where trams can go where they kno they would b most competitive

18 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Smh i dont understand why teams like that reguse to go independent. If u ask me i think classifications should be open where trams can go where they kno they would b most competitive

Some times it's not up to the schools. I think in Hillsborough County the County AD makes all of those decisions - which is why a school like Leto is still in a district. So, as coaches it's easy to know when it's time to move. But, sometimes those decisions are out of their (or even a school's) control.

52 minutes ago, Coach said:

Some times it's not up to the schools. I think in Hillsborough County the County AD makes all of those decisions - which is why a school like Leto is still in a district. So, as coaches it's easy to know when it's time to move. But, sometimes those decisions are out of their (or even a school's) control.

You are correct about the way things are done in Hillsborough County (and why Leto should be allowed to go independent for a few years, but probably won't be).  

However, Tarpon Springs is in Pinellas County . . . just like Dunedin is.  So, an independent route may be the best thing Tarpon Springs can do to regain their footing.   Dunedin just went independent this year and has actually won its first three games of the season -- after losing 43 straight!  Here's a link to a recent article:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2019/09/10/independence-just-the-boost-dunedin-football-needed/

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

You are correct about the way things are done in Hillsborough County (and why Leto should be allowed to go independent for a few years, but probably won't be).  

However, Tarpon Springs is in Pinellas County . . . just like Dunedin is.  So, an independent route may be the best thing Tarpon Springs can do to regain their footing.   Dunedin just went independent this year and has actually won its first three games of the season -- after losing 43 straight!  Here's a link to a recent article:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2019/09/10/independence-just-the-boost-dunedin-football-needed/

I totally agree. I was using Hillsborough as more of an example as to why certain teams don't go independent since it may be out of their control. Any team that struggles that much needs to be out of a district. It's not fair to the kids to line them up against teams that could steamroll them week after week...

25 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

What's going on that Tarpon Springs is so bad? Is East Lake taken all the good players or something? Has there been a coaching change?  In recent years I recall Tarpon Springs being in the playoff mix. 

Coach Kotis retired and then they hired a new coach who was an alum of the school and then the principal fired him (for reasons unknown) and it set off a whole chain reaction of things. It's been a mess.

27 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

What's going on that Tarpon Springs is so bad? Is East Lake taken all the good players or something? Has there been a coaching change?  In recent years I recall Tarpon Springs being in the playoff mix. 

Peezy knows more about this than I do, but as I understand it, Tarpon Springs has been through as many as three head coaches within the last year alone. 

7 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Coach Kotis retired and then they hired a new coach who was an alum of the school and then the principal fired him (for reasons unknown) and it set off a whole chain reaction of things. It's been a mess.

Tarpon had alum Atif Austin as their head coach and then fired him in 2011. Probably the best thing for him as he went on to get a few FCS championship rings at North Dakota State as the WR coach and special teams coordinator. He then went on to get a super bowl ring for the New England Patriots as the assistant running backs coach. He now is the running backs coach and special teams coordinator at Northern Illinois. I think Atif got the last laugh.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:03 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard would probably score 100 on them in 2.5 quarters. The score reminds me of the Jones vs Oak Ridge where Jones was up 63-0 at the half. 

Bogie was up 82-0 at the half GEESH.  LUcky for them they won't play anyone much better.  River Ridge will score a lot on them but they don't have the speed factor Bogie does.  East Lake will also beat them like a drum but Hudson will let off the gas and probably play JV players that score will be like 56-0

On 9/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Technically its not always up to the team.  Their county sometimes blocks them like they do in HIllsborough

22 hours ago, Perspective said:

They could go 10-0 with that schedule.... Kids will start wanting to come and play there again BOOM.

21 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

I am going to keep this blunt but I am going to be 100% honest as always and I apologize if this is going to far.... I knew people very close to this situation.

Atif a former Tarpon Great RB was fired because the Greek boosters did not want a black head coach.... He was pushed out on some trumped up BS about him allowing a player to practice after suffering a concussion... That player who will remain nameless was the QB but the QB battle was intense.... The other kids parents were out for sabotage once their kid didn't win the spot (or maybe it was the same kid)  Either way the QB was told to go on the sideline while the team was practicing and throw the football around.... something a player is not supposed to do after a concussion... When Atif saw it he went to the kid and told him he had to go in the locker room or take a seat.  No activity... Too late damage was done.  The parents were out there filming the whole thing.  Sent that information to the Principle and county AD.  Atif was suspended and then fired over some entrapment set up bs.... He has since won a super bowl ring with the Patriots and Tarpon is getting beat 88-0.... You reap what you sew.

3 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

I am going to keep this blunt but I am going to be 100% honest as always and I apologize if this is going to far.... I knew people very close to this situation.

Atif a former Tarpon Great RB was fired because the Greek boosters did not want a black head coach.... He was pushed out on some trumped up BS about him allowing a player to practice after suffering a concussion... That player who will remain nameless was the QB but the QB battle was intense.... The other kids parents were out for sabotage once their kid didn't win the spot (or maybe it was the same kid)  Either way the QB was told to go on the sideline while the team was practicing and throw the football around.... something a player is not supposed to do after a concussion... When Atif saw it he went to the kid and told him he had to go in the locker room or take a seat.  No activity... Too late damage was done.  The parents were out there filming the whole thing.  Sent that information to the Principle and county AD.  Atif was suspended and then fired over some entrapment set up bs.... He has since won a super bowl ring with the Patriots and Tarpon is getting beat 88-0.... You reap what you sew.

Wow parents playing politics with a program going nowhere

They must have serious ego issues LMAO