Tampa Bay Tech

gatorman-uf

6 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Is Tampa Bay Tech legitimate this year? I don't think they have ever advanced past the Regional Finals, but the Laz Index has them ranked #5 in the state with a game against an 0-2 Plant. Is this the year that somebody breaks the Plant/Armwood stranglehold on Hillsborough County?

What website is the laz index on ? And are they legit

8 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Is Tampa Bay Tech legitimate this year? I don't think they have ever advanced past the Regional Finals, but the Laz Index has them ranked #5 in the state with a game against an 0-2 Plant. Is this the year that somebody breaks the Plant/Armwood stranglehold on Hillsborough County?

I'll know more after tonight. 

8 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

http://lazindex.com/index.php

I would absolutely consider them legit. They have been doing this a long time and their results are definitely more right than they are wrong. @LAZL is on these boards frequently, I believe and he can tell you more about how his formula works. 

He got us ranked as #29 in the state. Which says alot.

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

They are legit... They should beat Plant pretty easily but I think Armwood would beat them.  They can go far but I don't see state title holder.

15 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Its say nothing, watch it progress as the season goes on.  Its an algorithm.... again he been doing this since before both of us been born and has a very high accuracy rate of picking final 4s and state champs.

Oh i wasnt saying in a bad way being ranked as the 29th best team in florida is about right we still have alot to prove.

22 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

They are legit... They should beat Plant pretty easily but I think Armwood would beat them.  They can go far but I don't see state title holder.

TBT's problem is that they are in the same region with Armwood and Lakeland.   Only one of those three teams can advance to the final four. 

On 9/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, Perspective said:

I'll know more after tonight. 

TBT is legitimate.   The QB is smooth and calm in the pocket with a nice touch on short balls.  Their O-line is good, especially the left tackle (#70?).  Receivers have good speed and good hands.  Kicking game was sound.  Defense swarmed to the ball and made some big plays.  That said, Plant was able to move the ball on them, albeit not consistently. 

Traditionally, TBT seemed to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot in close games.   They were able to build a big enough lead Friday night that we didn't get to see them tested with adversity. 

Compared to past TBT teams, they seemed to have more depth and better coaching.  TBT's test will come in October, with consecutive games against Bloomingdale (on the road), Armwood (at home) and Gaither (at home, but unlike the first two, this isn't a district game). 

Based on the personal eye-ball test, I think Armwood's a TD or so better than TBT.  That doesn't mean that TBT's not capable of beating Armwood, but I think Armwood still has he edge on the Titans.