Quantcast
Jump to content
THIS_IS_DILLARD

Northeast forfeit the dam game in 3rd Qt Dillard 42-0 dillard moves to 4-0

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Like dam yall could have let us finished smh in all my life of supporting dillard i have never seen a team forfeit vs dillard oh Well 4-0 we go.

It was futile for them to continue playing given the extent of the mismatch. They probably feared injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after a night where i got drenched in rain at the game nonetheless we got the dub.

Offensively our 1st few drives we looked like a team who just played 4 days ago. But we eventually woke the hell up.

Defensively we held northeast to just 4 yards total the entire game and we pitched our 2nd shut out of the season.

Were 4-0 & will host the 3-0 dragons next week to start our 5 game homestand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Northeast is arguably one of the 5 worst teams in the state-see thread below.

 

Its sad tbh ...but u still dont quit ...give yo 3rd string some PT ...something u dont quit ...at that point your showing yo players that its ok to quit when in retrospect u suppose to fight to the end regardless & leave it all on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You could have put in yo 3rd string or suem like we did but not quit lol.

They only have 25 players and that included 9th graders as they don't have a JV.  They don't have 3rd string and you don't play small freshman vs. Dillards V 3rd string.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

They only have 25 players and that included 9th graders as they don't have a JV.  They don't have 3rd string and you don't play small freshman vs. Dillards V 3rd string.

Going into the game Northeast knew they only had 25 players. Don't play the game if you think your kids are going to get hurt. If this is true then they should just cancel the season. As a coach you are doing your kids a disservice if you quit during the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just A Coach said:

Going into the game Northeast knew they only had 25 players. Don't play the game if you think your kids are going to get hurt. If this is true then they should just cancel the season. As a coach you are doing your kids a disservice if you quit during the game. 

My point exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder, I'm pretty sure the East Dillon Lions refused to come out after halftime in their first game of the season when they were down 45-0.  As a result, they forfeited the game.  One year later, Coach Taylor led the Lions to a state championship.  In Texas, no less.  So don't sleep on Northeast next year.   B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Just a reminder, I'm pretty sure the East Dillon Lions refused to come out after halftime in their first game of the season when they were down 45-0.  As a result, they forfeited the game.  One year later, Coach Taylor led the Lions to a state championship.  In Texas, no less.  So don't sleep on Northeast next year.   B)

Lol haha i wont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they actually forfeit or was it weather? Was it one of those its a lightning delay and we can call the game now or keep waiting and hope it passes. If it was close teams usually wait, but 42-0 those are games that get called by coaches or ADs. I believe they started the 2nd half and it was raining. I could be wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blystr2002 said:

Did they actually forfeit or was it weather? Was it one of those its a lightning delay and we can call the game now or keep waiting and hope it passes. If it was close teams usually wait, but 42-0 those are games that get called by coaches or ADs. I believe they started the 2nd half and it was raining. I could be wrong though.

Na they quit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I kno dam well northeast aint forfeight this game in 3rd qt Smfh!!

Ok I get Northeast is a struggling program but walking out on a game is a shit move I'm sorry

 

The FHSAA should bring hammer down on these teams who can't finish a game out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 12:24 AM, Just A Coach said:

Going into the game Northeast knew they only had 25 players. Don't play the game if you think your kids are going to get hurt. If this is true then they should just cancel the season. As a coach you are doing your kids a disservice if you quit during the game. 

My thoughts exactly

 

 

Look i feel sorry for Northeast for being a struggling program but under no instance (outside of maybe a sideline/locker room medical emergency) can I stand by and defend a team who don't finish a game out

 

Being outmatched is not a excuse to quit playing, if they were concerned about injuries then don't take the field to begin with like you mentioned 

 

If they are in this bad a shape then perhaps they should try joining a conference or going independent because they are obviously not able to fulfill their obligations as a fhsaa member school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was probably something else going on on the sidelines or some other factor then just quitting that people in the stands or Dillard fans don't know. The coach has been at NE 3-4 years and they have lost plenty including blowouts to Chaminade and Dillard in the past without quitting. It wouldn't make sense to just quit now. 42-0 in the 3rd isn't even that bad once the running clock starts you can get that over pretty quick with out reaching 60. Also, I seen some clips of the game. Dillard wasn't running over or hurting NE players oustide of the DL just being too much for NE OL. They really just were better athletes in open space and NE couldn't tackle them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was probably something else going on on the sidelines or some other factor then just quitting that people in the stands or Dillard fans don't know. The coach has been at NE 3-4 years and they have lost plenty including blowouts to Chaminade and Dillard in the past without quitting. It wouldn't make sense to just quit now. 42-0 in the 3rd isn't even that bad once the running clock starts you can get that over pretty quick with out reaching 60. Also, I seen some clips of the game. Dillard wasn't running over or hurting NE players oustide of the DL just being too much for NE OL. They really just were better athletes in open space and NE couldn't tackle them.

The Dillard coach could have talked to the NE coach at halftime and offered to play his 2nd and 3rd strings to finish the game and give a bunch of kids playing time. There's a time to call off the dogs and show some mercy; it's called sportsmanship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • Somehow I don't get it. What entity is responsible for paying football coaches? Is it the Federal government, State government, or County government? If it is in fact a government entity how in the world does Georgia pay so high and Florida pays so low? What about the proceeds from the games themselves? What about the proceeds from the Boosters? I am very curious to know how the salaries are for Florida football coaches in the private and parochial schools. Is the inequity the same between Florida and Georgia the same for the privates as it is for the publics? In the last analysis what would have to be done to change the status quo for Florida? Outside of football we have a real problem in Florida with how little teachers are paid. I can't believe that a teacher with a Masters Degree makes equal to or less than a common laborer with little education. Bill Bennett, Secretary of Education from 1985 to 1989, famously stated that if the starting salary for teachers was $100,000 per year ( and we are talking about in1985 dollars) then the US would have the best teachers in the world. We would have top people in their professions, from all over the world, lining up for teaching jobs. Sadly No one took Mr. Bennett seriously.
    • Ha.   More like "Counselor, please do your own research before you walk in here and ask the Court to answer all of your legal questions -- especially when the answer to all your questions can be found in the transcript."
    • Okaloosa County pays the best.  They are Athletic Directors and get admin pay.  Matt Brunson Baker is probably one of the highest paid in Florida.   They do not have to be teacher but most are.  I'm not sure if anyone in public school is off campus but they could be.   Most assistant football coaches are paid but quite a few do not get paid.   Most public schools are allowed between 7-10 paid spots. We had 2-3 not paid at our school last year.  
    • Andrew Thomas’ tenure at Trinity Catholic didn’t last long. After two seasons at the helm of the Celtics’ football program, Thomas notified Trinity Catholic officials on Friday that he would be stepping down. “This afternoon school president Lou Pereira announced that Andrew Thomas, Head Football Coach since January 2018, has resigned his position effective immediately,” the school said in its official release. “Trinity Catholic has begun a search for his replacement.” In two seasons, Thomas amassed a record of 13-7 with the Celtics. In the 2019 season, Trinity Catholic’s 8-4 record included a statement win over Calvary Christian — a team that was 7-1 when they came into Ocala. “I’m very appreciative to be given the opportunity to come to this program,” Thomas said on Friday afternoon. “It’s a short history, but a rich history in a short time. To be able to have two years here and put my footprint on this program, I’m thankful for my opportunity to be here.” Thomas met with members and players of Trinity Catholic’s football program on Friday afternoon. “That’s the hard part,” Thomas began. “What people don’t realize is that I spend more time with these kids than I do my own kids... Everything is on good terms, and I wanted to make sure that it was.” Thomas’ future destination, if there is one already in place, has yet to be announced.   Really bad news as Coach Thomas was bringing the program back and we were looking at a Senior Laden and experienced team for 2020. The team was not quite there yet in the 2nd round against Pensacola Catholic in 2019. OH well, here we go again. Just hope that the AD makes a good choice. Is Kerwin Bell available?
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...