Northeast forfeit the dam game in 3rd Qt Dillard 42-0 dillard moves to 4-0

THIS_IS_DILLARD

So after a night where i got drenched in rain at the game nonetheless we got the dub.

Offensively our 1st few drives we looked like a team who just played 4 days ago. But we eventually woke the hell up.

Defensively we held northeast to just 4 yards total the entire game and we pitched our 2nd shut out of the season.

Were 4-0 & will host the 3-0 dragons next week to start our 5 game homestand.

54 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Northeast is arguably one of the 5 worst teams in the state-see thread below.

Its sad tbh ...but u still dont quit ...give yo 3rd string some PT ...something u dont quit ...at that point your showing yo players that its ok to quit when in retrospect u suppose to fight to the end regardless & leave it all on the field.

5 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

They only have 25 players and that included 9th graders as they don't have a JV.  They don't have 3rd string and you don't play small freshman vs. Dillards V 3rd string.

Going into the game Northeast knew they only had 25 players. Don't play the game if you think your kids are going to get hurt. If this is true then they should just cancel the season. As a coach you are doing your kids a disservice if you quit during the game. 

Just a reminder, I'm pretty sure the East Dillon Lions refused to come out after halftime in their first game of the season when they were down 45-0.  As a result, they forfeited the game.  One year later, Coach Taylor led the Lions to a state championship.  In Texas, no less.  So don't sleep on Northeast next year.   B)

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Just a reminder, I'm pretty sure the East Dillon Lions refused to come out after halftime in their first game of the season when they were down 45-0.  As a result, they forfeited the game.  One year later, Coach Taylor led the Lions to a state championship.  In Texas, no less.  So don't sleep on Northeast next year.   B)

Lol haha i wont.

Did they actually forfeit or was it weather? Was it one of those its a lightning delay and we can call the game now or keep waiting and hope it passes. If it was close teams usually wait, but 42-0 those are games that get called by coaches or ADs. I believe they started the 2nd half and it was raining. I could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, blystr2002 said:

Did they actually forfeit or was it weather? Was it one of those its a lightning delay and we can call the game now or keep waiting and hope it passes. If it was close teams usually wait, but 42-0 those are games that get called by coaches or ADs. I believe they started the 2nd half and it was raining. I could be wrong though.

Na they quit

On 9/15/2019 at 12:24 AM, Just A Coach said:

Going into the game Northeast knew they only had 25 players. Don't play the game if you think your kids are going to get hurt. If this is true then they should just cancel the season. As a coach you are doing your kids a disservice if you quit during the game. 

My thoughts exactly

Look i feel sorry for Northeast for being a struggling program but under no instance (outside of maybe a sideline/locker room medical emergency) can I stand by and defend a team who don't finish a game out

Being outmatched is not a excuse to quit playing, if they were concerned about injuries then don't take the field to begin with like you mentioned 

If they are in this bad a shape then perhaps they should try joining a conference or going independent because they are obviously not able to fulfill their obligations as a fhsaa member school

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was probably something else going on on the sidelines or some other factor then just quitting that people in the stands or Dillard fans don't know. The coach has been at NE 3-4 years and they have lost plenty including blowouts to Chaminade and Dillard in the past without quitting. It wouldn't make sense to just quit now. 42-0 in the 3rd isn't even that bad once the running clock starts you can get that over pretty quick with out reaching 60. Also, I seen some clips of the game. Dillard wasn't running over or hurting NE players oustide of the DL just being too much for NE OL. They really just were better athletes in open space and NE couldn't tackle them.

9 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was probably something else going on on the sidelines or some other factor then just quitting that people in the stands or Dillard fans don't know. The coach has been at NE 3-4 years and they have lost plenty including blowouts to Chaminade and Dillard in the past without quitting. It wouldn't make sense to just quit now. 42-0 in the 3rd isn't even that bad once the running clock starts you can get that over pretty quick with out reaching 60. Also, I seen some clips of the game. Dillard wasn't running over or hurting NE players oustide of the DL just being too much for NE OL. They really just were better athletes in open space and NE couldn't tackle them.

The Dillard coach could have talked to the NE coach at halftime and offered to play his 2nd and 3rd strings to finish the game and give a bunch of kids playing time. There's a time to call off the dogs and show some mercy; it's called sportsmanship.