Who Made Statements This Weekend?

OldSchoolLion

13 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Glades suffers 2 losses this week as they lost to Palm Beach Lakes early. Perhaps Glades Central ain't what it used to be. 

Well Glades Central is definitely not at same level they used to be but to be fair Atlantic and Palm Beach Lakes are argubly the best 2 teams in Palm Beach County this year so while the blowout was a surprise, Glades losing wasn't

53 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

How about Atlantic crushing Glades Central in the Muck 49-3?

...or Booker T Washington dominating Columbus 34-11?

...or Bartram Trail upsetting Mandarin 32-7?

...or Dunnellon beating Vanguard 23-20?

...or Tampa Bay Tech stomping Plant 40-14?

Atlantic a good team so them winning wasn't a surprise to me, the blowout was a little surprising though

BTW definitely impressed me by beating Columbus so convincingly

Bartram winning wasn't a surprise to me (I called this on my podcast yesterday afternoon that Bartram will win) though i expected it to be a bit closer a game 

Vanguard losing was a surprise but Dunnellon is also a solid team, props to them on winning that game

Plant looks to be heading for a rough year so not too surprised Tampa Bay Tech won, especially after Gaither beat Plant

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Atlantic a good team so them winning wasn't a surprise to me, the blowout was a little surprising though

BTW definitely impressed me by beating Columbus so convincingly

Bartram winning wasn't a surprise to me (I called this on my podcast yesterday afternoon that Bartram will win) though i expected it to be a bit closer a game 

Vanguard losing was a surprise but Dunnellon is also a solid team, props to them on winning that game

Plant looks to be heading for a rough year so not too surprised Tampa Bay Tech won, especially after Gaither beat Plant

I watched the BTW game on NFHS.  Columbus imploded and lost Xzavier Henderson to injury in the second half.  BTW defense was great.  They have a beefy Oline that can make some holes.  The BTW qb was undersized, but completed some surprising passes...just enough to keep a good Columbus D off balance.  4A Region 4 will be a battle this year!

Just now, OldSchoolLion said:

I watched the BTW game on NFHS.  Columbus imploded and lost Xzavier Henderson to injury in the second half.  BTW defense was great.  They have a beefy Oline that can make some holes.  The BTW qb was undersized, but completed some surprising passes...just enough to keep a good Columbus D off balance.  4A Region 4 will be a battle this year!

Yeah it should be

Definitely keep a eye on Gulliver Prep in that region, a lot of attention been on Carol City, Cardinal Gibbons and BTW but Gulliver has flown a bit under the radar while knocking off some solid  large school programs 

They could be a dark horse to win that region if they get hot at right time

I would respectfully say Uschool beating Davie Western 14-9 was a big win for Uschool.  Uschool caught a lot of unnecessary flank from fans for losing to McArthur 19-0 but they had their QB and I'm told others out.   Apparently, Western is one of the better teams in South Florida and Uschool never trailed.   I'm interested in the Uschool-Columbus game and hope it's streamed!

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well Glades Central is definitely not at same level they used to be but to be fair Atlantic and Palm Beach Lakes are argubly the best 2 teams in Palm Beach County this year so while the blowout was a surprise, Glades losing wasn't

Over the past 3 years, Palm Beach Lakes was 8-4 (2018), 3-9 (2017), and 8-4 (2016). Not really a dominant program. While their win over Glades Central is a good win in general, I don't think Glades Central is Glades Central anymore and is probably a 6-4 team and decent mid-size school, but the days of them producing the talent and teams of the 2000s is gone until they get some coach stability. Coach Hester is in his 3rd year there so maybe Glades Central can get better, but the days of pointing to the Muck as a place of premium teams, I think is over. 

4 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Over the past 3 years, Palm Beach Lakes was 8-4 (2018), 3-9 (2017), and 8-4 (2016). Not really a dominant program. While their win over Glades Central is a good win in general, I don't think Glades Central is Glades Central anymore and is probably a 6-4 team and decent mid-size school, but the days of them producing the talent and teams of the 2000s is gone until they get some coach stability. Coach Hester is in his 3rd year there so maybe Glades Central can get better, but the days of pointing to the Muck as a place of premium teams, I think is over. 

Historically PBL isn't strong but looking at teams for specifically this year who is better?

PBC appears down

Dwyer is definitely down

Pahokee looks down

AHD appears inconsistent

Maybe Benjamin? Maybe PBG? Maybe Cardinal Newman?

Glades Central just lost to PBL

So outside of Atlantic is there really anyone with confidence you could say is better in Palm Beach county this year than PBL?

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Historically PBL isn't strong but looking at teams for specifically this year who is better?

PBC appears down

Dwyer is definitely down

Pahokee looks down

AHD appears inconsistent

Maybe Benjamin? Maybe PBG? Maybe Cardinal Newman?

Glades Central just lost to PBL

So outside of Atlantic is there really anyone with confidence you could say is better in Palm Beach county this year than PBL?

Before this weekend, I was hoping to be able to say Forest Hill as they have definitely be on the verge of a breakout year and I thought with a down Dwyer that they could do it. Unfortunately, they lost to Palm Beach Gardens, who while undefeated hasn't played anybody. So to answer your question, I think it is Atlantic and the 7 dwarfs and nobody we should consider to be good until the end of the year. 

13 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Yea PBL and Atlantic destory us but we want to win a state title not a county title

On 9/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, gatorman-uf said:

Pahokee and Lakes play this week. Pahokee desperately needs to win. Should be interesting. 

Glades Central is definitely not what it use to be. Hester is not a bad coach, he just hires bad assistants. Plays Gardens this week and need that win in the worse way. 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:47 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

How about Atlantic crushing Glades Central in the Muck 49-3?

...or Booker T Washington dominating Columbus 34-11?

...or Bartram Trail upsetting Mandarin 32-7?

...or Dunnellon beating Vanguard 23-20?

...or Tampa Bay Tech stomping Plant 40-14?

All the above but BTW stomping Columbus was the surprise for me.

I had BT beating Mandarin so that wasn't really an upset to me.

Dunnellon could have gone either way, Dunnellon seems to get a lot of wins each season until the playoffs, Then they lose early 3rd or 4th round.

Tampa Tech is better than a lot of people give them credit for. Plant on the other hand should not have gotten creamed like they did. Plant is way down i'm thinking.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:51 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bolles beating St Augustine 28-7 was a surprise to me because from what i saw of Bolles when watching the Bold City Showcase it was very concerning and from looking at the results of St Augustine they seemed to be on the rebound 

Didn't expect St Augustine to lose that game

I have St. Augustine winning. That was a hummmm momemt for me. Maybe Bolles needs to be put on the playoff watch list.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Atlantic and Lakes are head and shoulders above everyone else in the county, would be fun if they played this year. Gardens is pretty good too with the transfers from Dwyer, but not on Atlantic and PBL level. Atlantic with a chance to show they are big time this friday, home vs Chaminade

5 minutes ago, aknenn said:

Atlantic and Lakes are head and shoulders above everyone else in the county, would be fun if they played this year. Gardens is pretty good too with the transfers from Dwyer, but not on Atlantic and PBL level. Atlantic with a chance to show they are big time this friday, home vs Chaminade

Well I'll definitely keep a eye on that game

If they beat Chaminade then Atlantic will likely be undefeated when we play them October 18th

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well I'll definitely keep a eye on that game

If they beat Chaminade then Atlantic will likely be undefeated when we play them October 18th

oh wow, I didnt realize they play yall as well this year. And Columbus (miami) as well. They have rolled over Palm Beach county the last few years, this year they get to prove they are the real deal. Ive seen them play three times already and they sure look the part. No weaknesses. Will be fun to see what happens the rest of the year.

7 minutes ago, aknenn said:

oh wow, I didnt realize they play yall as well this year. And Columbus (miami) as well. They have rolled over Palm Beach county the last few years, this year they get to prove they are the real deal. Ive seen them play three times already and they sure look the part. No weaknesses. Will be fun to see what happens the rest of the year.

I don't suppose you have any interest in coming up to Lake City that week so I can find out more about Atlantic before we take field with them lol