Need Help with RPI

Steinbrenner Warriors

So I still don't have a clear answer on this...

or win percentage x .35

opponents win percentage (minus the game you played against them) X .35

and opponents of opponents percentages (minus the game you played against them) X .30

The question is do we still count ourselves in the opponents of opponents? For example. We played Sickles. They are undefeated outside of playing us...So their win percentage is 100% since our game against them doesn't count in opponents win percentage... But do we include ourselves back in the opponents of opponents minus our game against them? 

This mess is confusing. Anyone figure out an easy way to do this yet?

50 minutes ago, Steinbrenner Warriors said:

This mess is confusing. Anyone figure out an easy way to do this yet?

Yes.  Wait until after the final regular season games of the season have been played and FHSAA calculates all the numbers.  B)

Seriously, I remember how much time I spent (wasted?) last year trying to figure out all the different scenarios that might unfold.  But by the end of the year, most teams fit snuggly into one of the classes and the last game really didn't matter all that much.  I don't think that will be true this year.  In any event, have you tried reaching out to the FHSAA directly?  I've had some success over the years in communicating with them on various matters.  Sometimes, it's best to get the answer directly from the horse's mouth. 

So I just got a response from Frank Beasley at FHSAA. I had written him explaining some of the confusion with the posted formula on FHSAA and asked for clarification and he responded by posting a link to the posted formula in question. lol. So back to square 1

13 minutes ago, Steinbrenner Warriors said:

Alright so final answer is YES- throw out the game played between the teams when calculating in both the OP and OOP

So say Oakleaf went 9-1 with Columbia being only loss

They would be treated as a 100% winning percentage when calculating the records of Columbia opponents?

So say Oakleaf went 9-1 with Columbia being only loss

They would be treated as a 100% winning percentage when calculating the records of Columbia opponents?

No, 

They would be treated as 100% when calculating their win percentage as Columbia's  opponent and Columbia would lose a Win in Oakleaf's OOP

Steinbrenner,

Next season, maybe Josh can pay us and we can put together an UNOFFICIAL ranking for the site :D:D:D, but I will say to do one region, I have to look at 270+ teams, it look me nearly 25-30 hours of prep time at a minimum to put together my excel sheet. Every week it takes 2.5 hours to find the results for all 270+ teams. Is it worth it? Probably not. It is a mind numbing task that gives me a little peace and allows me to see how good I am at using excel. It also allows me to double check the FHSAA as they aren't perfect. 

The worst part of this new system is that every game matters, some game that happened in New Jersey or Maryland or Louisiana or California somehow matters all of a sudden. I don't envy the FHSAA programmers.