Columbia vs Gainesville

DisabledAccount

49 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Columbia by 50, running clock after half-time.

If the game was in Lake City I could see that happening but being in Gainesville will likely keep it close for a while, may end up similar to Buchholz result last year where Columbia gets running clock status late in 4th quarter after pulling away but with how Gainesville has played I don't expect a close game

26 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If the game was in Lake City I could see that happening but being in Gainesville will likely keep it close for a while, may end up similar to Buchholz result last year where Columbia gets running clock status late in 4th quarter after pulling away but with how Gainesville has played I don't expect a close game

Big L next week Madison county wins 35-30 Columbia .

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Last time at boot Hill big L . This time same thing. Watch out for staten again. 

14 point loss with having several starters injured and playing second game in 4 days

Good luck facing us on a full week, but Madison did learn last year what happens when Columbia has a full week of prep

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

14 point loss with having several starters injured and playing second game in 4 days

Good luck facing us on a full week, but Madison did learn last year what happens when Columbia has a full week of prep

Staten gonna beat y'all again lol. Y'all not stopping him and that defense is better.

6 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I believe that as much as Nick Saban saying he is going to continue coaching the Miami Dolphins, or the LSU Tigers, or the Michigan State Spartans. 

If I can't beat a winless second tier north Central program like GHS I would be a failure in life and would not be worthy to show my face again

Again you never answered, you gonna check the game out?

13 minutes ago, Yourbasement said:

That bad huh? I actually don't know anything about Gainesville's team.

With Suwannee dropping Columbia this year the rivalry between Columbia and Gainesville is most common active rivalry as they have played over 60 times in past 100+ years of the rivalry 

That on top of the demographic differences between Lake City and Gainesville makes this I75 rivalry a one that developed organically over time

It's also a very good rivalry in Winter and spring sports which keeps this rivalry very intense all year long

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If I can't beat a winless second tier north Central program like GHS I would be a failure in life and would not be worthy to show my face again

Again you never answered, you gonna check the game out?

2nd tier? I hope you are only speaking about this season. Most seasons Gainesville is one of the quality teams in the north.

"If I can't beat a winless second tier north Central program like GHS I would be a failure in life and would not be worthy to show my face again".  This is probably the most arrogant statement I have seen in quite some time. You know Columbia is a 7A school coming down to 6A this season while Gainesville is already a 6A school. For all intents and purposes Columbia should defeat Gainesville most of the time. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite you where the Sun "don't" shine. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Proseteye said:

2nd tier? I hope you are only speaking about this season. Most seasons Gainesville is one of the quality teams in the north.

"If I can't beat a winless second tier north Central program like GHS I would be a failure in life and would not be worthy to show my face again".  This is probably the most arrogant statement I have seen in quite some time. You know Columbia is a 7A school coming down to 6A this season while Gainesville is already a 6A school. For all intents and purposes Columbia should defeat Gainesville most of the time. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite you where the Sun "don't" shine. :rolleyes:

when you look at North Central FL I think of North Marion, Vanguard and Columbia as tier 1 teams

Over past few years most of the time that Gainesville played those 3 teams they lose, that's why I say tier 2

Tier 2 in North Central is probably Baker County, Gainesville, Buchholz, maybe Suwannee, maybe Fort White, maybe Trinity Catholic

I would say all those teams i listed as tier 2 are not bad teams but when they play those 3 teams in tier 1 more times then not they lose

And at end of day this Gainesville team is 0-4, if I'm not able to beat a winless team then what business do I have trying to convince people Columbia has any shot of contending for a title that will actually hold weight because it's clear reading many who post on this board and many other boards I'm on that no matter how many good teams we beat or how many winning seasons and playoff births we have, until we make it back to finals we will never be seen as a top level program and I'm running out of time to make things happen 

6 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Columbia was probably one of if not the smallest 7a school during last cycle and Gainesville only has about 100 less students and when you talking 2 schools close to 2k kids that 100 kid difference leads to maybe a average of 2 football players

So acting like we are some oversized school with a unfair advantage is ridiculous, they are very similar in size

57 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

when you look at North Central FL I think of North Marion, Vanguard and Columbia as tier 1 teams

Over past few years most of the time that Gainesville played those 3 teams they lose, that's why I say tier 2

Tier 2 in North Central is probably Baker County, Gainesville, Buchholz, maybe Suwannee, maybe Fort White, maybe Trinity Catholic

I would say all those teams i listed as tier 2 are not bad teams but when they play those 3 teams in tier 1 more times then not they lose

And at end of day this Gainesville team is 0-4, if I'm not able to beat a winless team then what business do I have trying to convince people Columbia has any shot of contending for a title that will actually hold weight because it's clear reading many who post on this board and many other boards I'm on that no matter how many good teams we beat or how many winning seasons and playoff births we have, until we make it back to finals we will never be seen as a top level program and I'm running out of time to make things happen 

Bro how are u running out of time ? Lol as long as columbia high is standing there will always b hope. Now will u still b a student ? Depends on wat grade your in. But i will hope u will always b a fan.

Dillard hasnt won a chip since 09 havent advance past the 1st round since 2013....if anybody is over due its us.

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bro how are u running out of time ? Lol as long as columbia high is standing there will always b hope. Now will u still b a student ? Depends on wat grade your in. But i will hope u will always b a fan.

Dillard hasnt won a chip since 09 havent advance past the 1st round since 2013....if anybody is over due its us.

I graduated a few years ago but there only so much time I can stay here in Lake City at the rate I'm going 

At some point the page has to be flipped, the opportunity to advance in life is very limited in Lake City, I can't be successful in a city that lacks the career opportunities 

Not to mention mentally being in a city where so many people spend so much time pulling for citizens from here to fail and seeing everyone else moving forward has proven to me that my days in Lake City are numbered and I need to go down swinging because it could be a while if I don't go after it right in the now