Quantcast

• That seemed to be the sentiment of the county athletic director:    “It was stupid and it was on video,” Manatee County athletics director Jason Montgomery said. “It was pretty cut and dry. It was pretty blatant.”   (per the Herald-Tribune online article) According to the online version of the Bradenton Herald: Manatee High head coach Yusuf Shakir was suspended for eight games, including the 2020 spring game and fall classic, and must forfeit $5,000 of his salary. He was also reprimanded and placed on administrative probation through June 30, 2021. The report states, Shakir “presented urging, enticing or pressuring statements/acts (approximately 20) to the Lincoln Academy students during a scheduled athletic tour of the school’s football facilities.” Dennis Stallard, the longtime special teams coach at Manatee High, was suspended for six games and must forfeit $5,000 for making approximately four “urging, enticing or pressuring statements/acts,” to the Lincoln students. Palmetto High head coach Dave Marino was hit with the same penalties as Shakir for the same action. The school was fined $2,500 because no assistant coaches were found in violation. Lakewood Ranch head coach Rashad West was suspended for six games, including four regular-season games, with the same monetary penalty as Shakir and Marino. According to the FHSAA report, “West scheduled and conducted an athletic tour to the Lincoln Academy students.” Lakewood Ranch High was placed on probation and fined $2,500. From my perspective, the FHSAA wanted to send out a message loud and clear that they don't like the idea of middle school kids being bused around to a bunch of high schools, like high school players on a college bus tour, so the high school coaches could deliver a recruiting sales pitch.  So they drew a line in the sand.  Read more here: https://www.bradenton.com/sports/article241800461.html#storylink=cpy
    • Now it's an ad for "The Simpsons." 
    • Anyway, what's seen in the videos is no different than what you'd get with any middle school principal talking to elementary students in totally normal circumstances. So, apparently, what was said off-camera is drastically different.
    • Welcome to the Internet.   As a result of your post, guess what appears between the first and second post of this thread (at least on my computer)?  Yep, you guessed it:  an ad for hand sanitizer.   Hmmm, I wonder if I can change the algorithm?    Beach.   Bikinis.  Beach.   Bikinis.   
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors