Florida football trending downwards/ other states catching up or surpassing.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I made this post on another thread but i decided that it could be a entire duscussion within its self.

Sad thing is these teams down here even with all the transfers will still go out of state & get blasted by mater dei & st frances & etc. Except for img. Like it or not florida is not the overall best state in florida anymore. The talent here vs other states are at best even and some cases favor the other state. Add that with the far superior coaching in other states & its not even close. Sad to say we are not playing a high level of football down here its avg at best compared to other states. Florida football is trending downward and has been for the last few years.

I beg to Differ. The overall talent is better in Florida. I don't see such decline. Although the private schools that you mention so happen to win games that don't deter from Public Schools. Quick Question?  I would like for you to put any public school across the country against our major public schools and see the outcome. This includes Lakeland, MNW, Central, BTW, etc...

I don't like the argument of which state has the best teams, mostly because how teams are made is changing every 5 years. Teams in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area are not making their team the same way that a team in rural Alabama or Georgia is. Teams in North Jersey are not making their teams the same as a public school in inner city Dallas.

The better question is not who has the best teams, but which teams have the greatest depth in terms of teams based on state size. Florida teams suffer from multiple problems.
1) We have a transient population who have few roots in the communities that they are in. As a result they less buy in from the community as a whole.
2) We pay our coaches and teachers very little. Coaches who are worth anything move to states that will pay them. Assistant coaches join them, young men who dream of inheriting that role of head coach know that while Florida offers the jobs, they don't offer the pay to stay.
3) Our communities don't support the teams that do exist. This is true of every level of sports here in level from pro to college to amateur. Florida stinks when it comes to support. Even when the Miami Heat were good during the Wade/LeBron years, fans still didn't show up until the 2nd quarter was half over. Stadiums are a 1/3 full at times (blame bad scheduling), Marlins have the lowest attendance in baseball, the Rays second lowest (despite playing good baseball this season). Bucs were in the bottom 3 last year in attendance. 

In other words, until we can keep quality head coaches and assistants and gain community support than it doesn't matter.  

2 minutes ago, Dania4life said:

I beg to Differ. The overall talent is better in Florida. I don't see such decline. Although the private schools that you mention so happen to win games that don't deter from Public Schools. Quick Question?  I would like for you to put any public school across the country against our major public schools and see the outcome. This includes Lakeland, MNW, Central, BTW, etc...

I can name a few public schools ...lowndes ..valdosta ..colquit ...grayson...tofee && all of those are just Ga schools alone.

Corona centennial for another ex.

Florida may still have TALENT...But the LEVEL of play is DOWN only reason we cant see it is because were comparing it to the games we play vs each other here in the state.

But if were gonna be unbiased look around in other states the level of play from other schools are just higher even at the schools without the transfers they still play sound discipline high level football.

6 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I don't like the argument of which state has the best teams, mostly because how teams are made is changing every 5 years. Teams in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area are not making their team the same way that a team in rural Alabama or Georgia is. Teams in North Jersey are not making their teams the same as a public school in inner city Dallas.

The better question is not who has the best teams, but which teams have the greatest depth in terms of teams based on state size. Florida teams suffer from multiple problems.
1) We have a transient population who have few roots in the communities that they are in. As a result they less buy in from the community as a whole.
2) We pay our coaches and teachers very little. Coaches who are worth anything move to states that will pay them. Assistant coaches join them, young men who dream of inheriting that role of head coach know that while Florida offers the jobs, they don't offer the pay to stay.
3) Our communities don't support the teams that do exist. This is true of every level of sports here in level from pro to college to amateur. Florida stinks when it comes to support. Even when the Miami Heat were good during the Wade/LeBron years, fans still didn't show up until the 2nd quarter was half over. Stadiums are a 1/3 full at times (blame bad scheduling), Marlins have the lowest attendance in baseball, the Rays second lowest (despite playing good baseball this season). Bucs were in the bottom 3 last year in attendance. 

In other words, until we can keep quality head coaches and assistants and gain community support than it doesn't matter.  

Amen. Well said.

.lowndes ..valdosta ..colquit ...grayson...tofee? You do realize that  these schools are the only show in town. Basically the city shut down for the high school football game. Whereas in South Florida you have a variety of games that you can attend every week, including STA and Carol City this week then American Heritage and Cardinal Gibbons next week.

OT: You have the Carol City Chiefs 10U vs Lauderhill Lions 10U  this Saturday guaranteed to be at least 3000 people for an optimist game.

Just now, Dania4life said:

.lowndes ..valdosta ..colquit ...grayson...tofee? You do realize that  these schools are the only show in town. Basically the city shut down for the high school football game. Whereas in South Florida you have a variety of games that you can attend every week, including STA and Carol City this week then American Heritage and Cardinal Gibbons next week.

OT: You have the Carol City Chiefs 10U vs Lauderhill Lions 10U  this Saturday guaranteed to be at least 3000 people for an optimist game.

Bro your missing it. Your focused on attendence. And lets b clear carol city vs sta this weeknd is not a marquee game of the week.

And again i never said that there was no more interesting games in the state what i said was the LEVEL of over all football play in florida is down. People can show up & pack the stands does NOT mean we are watching high level football play,discipline & excecution.

1 minute ago, Dania4life said:

Alot of College and Pro players i coached tell me that the competition in Florida during High school made  them ready to excel the 1st Day they  step on their College Campus. Even the coaches will tell you that Florida swagger is something different.

Probably then!! Were talking about NOW! 

We have alot of terrible schools...some avg schools...a few above avg schools. And 2 elite schools in STA & IMG more so img because STA havent even been the best in there on class lately.

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We have alot of terrible schools...some avg schools...a few above avg schools. And 2 elite schools in STA & IMG more so img because STA havent even been the best in there on class lately.

Are we comparing OOS national all-star teams like Mater Dei, St Frances, and say Bishop Gorman, against all-star teams here in Florida like IMG and STA, or are we talking about 2nd tier OOS all-star teams that travel to Florida and schedule our traditional high school teams that don't recruit? IMG and STA can compete with the best OOS schools. I don't think it's fair to compare our traditional schools to 2nd tier OOS travelling teams. Florida still has a tremendous amount of high school talent, comparable to California and Texas. 

Just now, HornetFan said:

Are we comparing OOS national all-star teams like Mater Dei, St Frances, and say Bishop Gorman, against all-star teams here in Florida like IMG and STA, or are we talking about 2nd tier OOS all-star teams that travel to Florida and schedule our traditional high school teams that don't recruit? IMG and STA can compete with the best OOS schools. I don't think it's fair to compare our traditional schools to 2nd tier OOS travelling teams. Florida still has a tremendous amount of high school talent, comparable to California and Texas. 

No...all im simply saying is the LEVEL OF PLAY is down.. the athelets & talent is still here YES! But florida as a WHOLE is NOT playing high level of football. I bleed this game & i have watched diff high school teams play from all over ..ranked & unranked and their level of play is just diffrent ..the offensive play calling is just diffrent.

27 minutes ago, Dania4life said:

Alot of College and Pro players i coached tell me that the competition in Florida during High school made  them ready to excel the 1st Day they  step on their College Campus. Even the coaches will tell you that Florida swagger is something different.

Exactly

Anyone who says FL is lacking in talent needs to do their research

Number 1 in college football players of any state and most active NFL players, we down in talent how??

Why? Because some teams don't get coaching or fans showing up don't mean the state lacks talent

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Exactly

Anyone who says FL is lacking in talent needs to do their research

Number 1 in college football players of any state and most active NFL players, we down in talent how??

Why? Because some teams don't get coaching or fans showing up don't mean the state lacks talent

Thats why it pays to read fully ...i never said the talent was no longer here nor that we no longer produce talent.

The level of play has zero to do with wether talent is here or if were still sending kids to the nfl. 

25 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

What and you think GA, TX and CA don't have Terrible schools?

Want to see a serious lack of depth try looking at California which is carried by a few southern CA powerhouses and a former dynasty in DLS

FL depth wise is much stronger then CA

GA is getting better but are not loaded in powerhouses, they are just well coached and well run programs, in terms of talent FL is convincingly a stronger state

TX has a good blend of depth, community support, and coaching but despite being 3 times the size they still trail FL in terms of next level talent

Good football state, but definitely trail FL in talent

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I made this post on another thread but i decided that it could be a entire duscussion within its self.

Sad thing is these teams down here even with all the transfers will still go out of state & get blasted by mater dei & st frances & etc. Except for img. Like it or not florida is not the overall best state in florida anymore. The talent here vs other states are at best even and some cases favor the other state. Add that with the far superior coaching in other states & its not even close. Sad to say we are not playing a high level of football down here its avg at best compared to other states. Florida football is trending downward and has been for the last few years.

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thats why it pays to read fully ...i never said the talent was no longer here nor that we no longer produce talent.

The level of play has zero to do with wether talent is here or if were still sending kids to the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What and you think GA, TX and CA don't have Terrible schools?

Want to see a serious lack of depth try looking at California which is carried by a few southern CA powerhouses and a former dynasty in DLS

FL depth wise is much stronger then CA

GA is getting better but are not loaded in powerhouses, they are just well coached and well run programs, in terms of talent FL is convincingly a stronger state

TX has a good blend of depth, community support, and coaching but despite being 3 times the size they still trail FL in terms of next level talent

Good football state, but definitely trail FL in talent

You said something key "well ran and well coached programs" something florida severly lacks.

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You said something key "well ran and well coached programs" something florida severly lacks.

Yes and I've never argued that other states have better coaching or better support or better managed programs

FL does lack that I won't argue that

But NOBODY beats Florida in terms of talent

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bro stay on topic were not discussing talent leave talent out of this.

Lets soley talk about the LEVEL OF PLAY. Vs other states.

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bro stay on topic were not discussing talent leave talent out of this.

Lets soley talk about the LEVEL OF PLAY. Vs other states.

But yet in your first post you said other states have talent equal or better than FL now which is false

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How come ? What makes florida so inept to get their act together.

@gatorman-uf explained it much better and in depth than I could 

The lack of state support towards public schools and a thinning population of natural FL residents has been costing many programs in FL

On 9/26/2019 at 4:42 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Cocoa had 5 players go to the NFL this year. Maybe S.FL. is down but the rest of the state is doing fine.