Miramar head coach suspended for remainder of season.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Do they use lube, spit, or just go in on you? 

Ejecting a coach for calling a timeout and going out to speak to them. It’s an obvious abuse of power. A coach trying to protect his players should be ejected is what I expect a typical ref to say. You must feel like God when you walk out on the field and feel so good when you can talk to coaches like they are scum beneath you. 

Jags904, it is against the rules for a head coach to walk out on the field of play like that. Why can't you understand that? That' can be an unsportsmanlike foul. Also, we don't know if the coach was warned about his behavior prior to this incident. We don't know of the coach already had one unsportsmanlike foul prior to this. I have NEVER felt like God, and you don't really know if I am an official, but no coach is scum beneath any official. The FHSAA is very clear about how officials, are to be approached and treated. Coaches should know this very well.

2 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Jags904, it is against the rules for a head coach to walk out on the field of play like that. Why can't you understand that? That' can be an unsportsmanlike foul. Also, we don't know if the coach was warned about his behavior prior to this incident. We don't know of the coach already had one unsportsmanlike foul prior to this. I have NEVER felt like God, and you don't really know if I am an official, but no coach is scum beneath any official. The FHSAA is very clear about how officials, are to be approached and treated. Coaches should know this very well.

Not all unsportsmanlike conducts result in a ejection and a 3 month suspension though

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm sure your a good person @Jambun82 but it's easy to read through your posts you have a built in bias favoring officials regardless of the circumstances and in many cases before even having all the facts 

Thank you, I think that you are a good person too. Do you mind if I call you Purple and Gold Tiger Stripes Man?

20 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Hypocrite huh? I will tell you what Birdbrain,, I have now seen the video, and I stand by what I said. The head coach NEVER is allowed to walk on the field like that, and say anything to the officials. The proper procedure is for the head coach to call timeout, and then have the referee walk to the sideline with another official. Obviously, the head coach did not give the officials that opportunity. Therefore he was ejected and then suspended by the FHSAA. I applaud the FHSAA' s decision, and I think that is unbelievable that this coach still doesn't realize that he was wrong.  

Birdbrain?  No wonder no one likes you on these boards and most end up wanting to beat your ass.  You called someone out for taking a side without facts and did the same thing with out any facts.  That makes you a hypocrite.  After watching the video if you feel the coach should have been ejected i can respect that opinion.  Stop being an ass and people might respect you

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

Birdbrain?  No wonder no one likes you on these boards and most end up wanting to beat your ass.  You called someone out for taking a side without facts and did the same thing with out any facts.  That makes you a hypocrite.  After watching the video if you feel the coach should have been ejected i can respect that opinion.  Stop being an ass and people might respect you

Well, I have never been physically threatened on a message board. Maybe that is going to change now, do you want to beat my ass? Being around high school football for many years, I had a pretty good idea about what happened, and when I saw the video my initial thoughts were proven correct. The FHSAA does not take suspending coaches lightly, this coach must have really said something to earn this punishment.  

17 minutes ago, badbird said:

4 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Well, I have never been physically threatened on a message board. Maybe that is going to change now, do you want to beat my ass? Being around high school football for many years, I had a pretty good idea about what happened, and when I saw the video my initial thoughts were proven correct. The FHSAA does not take suspending coaches lightly, this coach must have really said something to earn this punishment.  

Both of you chill out the threats or I'm gonna shut the thread down

Stay on topic and cut out the aggressive attitude or I'm locking it down

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Dan wanted to beat your ass.  Peezy is too nice.   I’m too old to care about beating your ass.  Columbiafan no need to shut it down.  

Dan in Daytona? The same man who bought me a meal at Red Robin, and always says hello to me whenever he sees me in person? Peezy, and I worked out our differences, and have an understanding. If you were younger, you would like to beat my ass? Is that what you are saying?

If anyone here thinks a coach should be ejected for walking up to a ref, then they are on drugs. This is the FHSAA kissing the refs associations ass to make them feel better for being paid like crap. That was a pathetic ejection and he should’ve been given the opportunity to properly earn it. 

I’d like to sit down with the Miramar coach and have him point out the personal fouls for me. I hope that film was sent to the FHSAA & nothing was done about it. Typical. 

10 hours ago, Jags904 said:

If anyone here thinks a coach should be ejected for walking up to a ref, then they are on drugs. This is the FHSAA kissing the refs associations ass to make them feel better for being paid like crap. That was a pathetic ejection and he should’ve been given the opportunity to properly earn it. 

I’d like to sit down with the Miramar coach and have him point out the personal fouls for me. I hope that film was sent to the FHSAA & nothing was done about it. Typical. 

I guess I’m on drugs Jags.  I have also been a head coach and understand that those actions are not acceptable by the head coach.  Jags he could have been easily ejected by most officials.  You don’t know what was said either do I but even not knowing what was said you do not walk out to the field to confront or talk to the ref.  If the refs threw a flag and were yelling for him to get off the field and he kept going then yes he deserved to be ejected.  I imagine both sides refs and coach could have handled it better.  

However nothing I saw in that video deserved a year suspension which got reduced to 3 months.  He most likely deserved a one or two game suspension.  

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

I guess I’m on drugs Jags.  I have also been a head coach and understand that those actions are not acceptable by the head coach.  Jags he could have been easily ejected by most officials.  You don’t know what was said either do I but even not knowing what was said you do not walk out to the field to confront or talk to the ref.  If the refs threw a flag and were yelling for him to get off the field and he kept going then yes he deserved to be ejected.  I imagine both sides refs and coach could have handled it better.  

However nothing I saw in that video deserved a year suspension which got reduced to 3 months.  He most likely deserved a one or two game suspension.  

I agree

16 minutes ago, badbird said:

Guess it’s different up here in North Florida because I’ve seen it happen all the time. 

I thought he deserved a one game suspension as well 

20 minutes ago, badbird said:

So when you were the head coach did you throw your visor on the sideline? ;)

8 hours ago, badbird said:

That is almost exactly what I said. How could the officials have done to handle it better? The Head Coach was ejected after no doubt collecting two UNC fouls. Also, we don't know what was said to the officials by the Head Coach. Then this Head Coach clearly does not understand what he did wrong. Also, unless the Head Coach has a law degree, he is NOT the player's attorney. He is the players coach. he needs to worry about coaching his team, and not what the officials are doing.