5 Teams That Have Crashed

OldSchoolLion

8A Plant is 0-5.  Just lost to Gonzaga(DC) 48-7.  Next up is undefeated Steinbrenner.

7A Dwyer is 1-3.  Just lost to Martin County 22-21.  Next up is Glades Central.   

6A Southridge is 0-5.  Just lost to Miami Palmetto 42-8.  Next up is undefeated South Dade.  

5A Clay is 0-5.  Just lost to Eastside 42-20.  Next up is University Christian.  

1A Fort Meade is 0-5.  Just lost to Lakeland Christian 49-12.  Next up is Avon Park.

7 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

8A Plant is 0-5.  Just lost to Gonzaga(DC) 48-7.  Next up is undefeated Steinbrenner.

7A Dwyer is 1-4.  Just lost to Martin County 22-21.  Next up is Glades Central.   

6A Southridge is 0-5.  Just lost to Miami Palmetto 42-8.  Next up is undefeated South Dade.  

5A Clay is 0-5.  Just lost to Eastside 42-20.  Next up is University Christian.  

1A Fort Meade is 0-5.  Just lost to Lakeland Christian 49-12.  Next up is Avon Park.

Biggest surprise has to be plant followed by Southridge

Dwyer was a team I expected to have a rough year

Clay was also a team i expected to have a rough year

And Fort Meade has been down for several years

I can help you out with one of them:

In its first five games, Plant has been outscored 183 to 62 (or an average of 36.6 to 12.4).  Both the points scored number for Plant as well as the points against number are unlike anything seen over the last 15 years.  That said, as I've mentioned before, Plant has played some pretty good teams to open the season, including the 4th and 6th ranked teams in 7A, the 4th ranked team in 6A and the 9th ranked team in the nation (per MaxPreps).   Not an excuse; just an explanation. 

The end appears to be over for these disastrous seasons.

Dwyer finishes the season 3-6 with loss to Boca Raton.

Gainesville finishes the season 2-8 with win over Eastside.  

Clay finishes the season 1-9 with loss to Oakleaf.  

Southridge finishes the season 2-8 with loss to Killian. 

Fort Meade finished the season 3-7 with loss to Frostproof.