Jax TCA vs BTW

JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP

Im gonna say this as a dude from south florida .... can TCA win this friday ??? Most Def.

But i believe BTW lost to iMG was more of iMG being nationally elite vs BTW being legit that bad.

BTW is SOLID but not elite; so with that said i believe especially at traz BTW will be fired up & they will give TCA all they can handle.

BTW is extremley talented on both sides of the ball & if TCA cant get any stops on defense their gonna get took the woodshed.

So this shouks be a very good game And may the best team win.

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm gonna enjoy the shocked faces when SFA beats IMG next week and shows everyone that IMG isn't the unbeatable machine everyone seems to think they are

Whose saying img is unbeatable tho bro ..they just lost last year to mater dei so its more than obvious they can be beat.

There is a diff between SOLID & ELITE florida is filled With solid above avg & below avg twams.

IMG is the only CONSISTENT Elite school in florida so when your talking about when they are against other florida schools then YES they are darn near unbeatable but if were talking about them vs other national powers in other parts of the world their win % is still over 90% lol but they drop 1 every now and again to other elites out of state when it counts.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm gonna enjoy the shocked faces when SFA beats IMG next week and shows everyone that IMG isn't the unbeatable machine everyone seems to think they are

No one said they are unbeatable.  SFA is just like IMG as they recruit nation wide.  SFA will start to recruit Florida more and more.  

Also no one in Florida can do what IMG does in stockpiling talent.  STA can come the closest with the talent pool and resources they have in the area.  Are there going to be years a Florida school could beat them sure but if IMG continues it’s model it will always be far superior than all Florida schools until another IMG pops up in Florida.  Just like Montverde in basketball.  Now on a national level that’s a different story because other schools do the same thing but I’ll take IMG in football and Montverde in basketball and take my chances

7 minutes ago, badbird said:

No one said they are unbeatable.  SFA is just like IMG as they recruit nation wide.  SFA will start to recruit Florida more and more.  

I heard all of last year before Mater Dei beat them how IMG was best team in country and nobody in FL can avoid a running clock against them and how this is greatest team ever assembled and all that bogus crap

Everyone sees nothing but stars but their dreams of watching IMG make every FL school look like garbage so they can push agendas that FL isn't a top level state anymore is gonna crumble

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

Also no one in Florida can do what IMG does in stockpiling talent.  STA can come the closest with the talent pool and resources they have in the area.  Are there going to be years a Florida school could beat them sure but if IMG continues it’s model it will always be far superior than all Florida schools until another IMG pops up in Florida.  Just like Montverde in basketball.  Now on a national level that’s a different story because other schools do the same thing but I’ll take IMG in football and Montverde in basketball and take my chances

Anybody can be beat on any night

I could count millions of examples over the years that prove that 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I heard all of last year before Mater Dei beat them how IMG was best team in country and nobody in FL can avoid a running clock against them and how this is greatest team ever assembled and all that bogus crap

Everyone sees nothing but stars but their dreams of watching IMG make every FL school look like garbage so they can push agendas that FL isn't a top level state anymore is gonna crumble

From the national board.

IMG destroys most Florida schools and is clearly the best team in our state.

Just now, badbird said:

From the national board.

IMG destroys most Florida schools and is clearly the best team in our state.

And it makes our state look dependent on a school that makes everyone else look weak in comparison

FL ain't dependent on some flash in pan that needs to recruit Nationwide to hold relevance 

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And it makes our state look dependent on a school that makes everyone else look weak in comparison

FL ain't dependent on some flash in pan that needs to recruit Nationwide to hold relevance 

St Francis represents Maryland football just like IMG represents Florida football.  Both schools are just located in that state but most players are from elsewhere.

I think IMG is here to stay and not a flash in the pan.  I don’t see them going away anytime soon

Just now, badbird said:

St Francis represents Maryland football just like IMG represents Florida football.  Both schools are just located in that state but most players are from elsewhere.

I think IMG is here to stay and not a flash in the pan.  I don’t see them going away anytime soon

They aren't getting the same level of talent they were in 2016 or 2017 teams

They may stay here it don't mean they will always be top 10 nationally

Just now, badbird said:

And right now Florida football (teams not talent) seems to be down.  

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

That would be like if everyone in 7a refused to share a class with STA

But maybe that's why FL is a power state and Maryland isn't

You won't see a entire league refusing to play one team (note FL teams never refused to play in same league as IMG, IMG choose voluntary to play as a independent)

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

Because other IMG type schools have popped up like ST Francis

I don't disagree with that being the reason but it don't change the end result

IMG isn't the only national recruiter in town anymore and as a result they are not getting the same level of depth or talent as some past IMG teams

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't disagree with that being the reason but it don't change the end result

IMG isn't the only national recruiter in town anymore and as a result they are not getting the same level of depth or talent as some past IMG teams

Do you think they will start going after more Florida kids? 

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That would be like if everyone in 7a refused to share a class with STA

But maybe that's why FL is a power state and Maryland isn't

You won't see a entire league refusing to play one team (note FL teams never refused to play in same league as IMG, IMG choose voluntary to play as a independent)

It kind of happened before in Florida which is why you have the rural league 1A.  They got tired of getting killed by the small private schools like NFC

If the FHSAA let IMG play in the state playoffs teams would refuse to play them.  Don't kid yourself.

Going on 6 years playing the best teams in the nation IMG has lost only two games. Both losses 2014 and 2018 were to arguably the top team in the nation. Instead of accepting the fact that IMG is a Florida high school team based in Florida and where the players live for most of the year, some of us make trivial of this fact. Yes, IMG does recruit as every private school and many public schools do. Yes, IMG has students from all over the US and the world. However, I would bet that nearly half of their students are already from Florida. They just have superb coaching and campus facilities unlike many schools in Florida. They are also a boarding school where the campus is their home 24/7 very similar to many colleges. I have no idea why a few people have a consistent hard on for this school and its team. Just accept the fact that they are, in spite of opposing opinions, a Florida school. They do represent the state of Florida when they play teams from other states. Can we not be proud of a team that can regularly hang with and usually defeat some of the best teams in the country? Those opposing teams recognize IMG as a Florida team, you can be sure. To have folks in Florida not recognize them as a Florida team is petty at best. After all, the team is made up of players that are exactly the same as every other high school team in the country. The same age, size, and disposition as the rest. As such, can't we all agree to accept IMG for the talented team that they are and get on with it? After all, they are just a bunch of high school kids who work hard and who are proud of what they have accomplished.