Centennial scores more TDs than Vero but still lost???!!!!!

Floridatech

Crazy crazy game last night and Vero's offense was contained for the third time this season but the defense showed up when we needed them.....Cen10 offense scored two TDs on big plays and their scrambles actually looked similar to Vero's offense.....Cen10 defense was underrated because they stuffed Vero at the goaline multiple times and they had a pick in the end zone that I believe they took advantage of by scoring a TD......Soooo Vero and Cen10 prolly on the same level pretty much but Vero is a lil better......

On 9/29/2019 at 10:36 AM, roygod said:

Don't be surprised when Lakeland has the lowest offensive scoring of the year against Centennial !!

I highly doubt that, if Lakeland is anything close to the team I saw in last years state championship game, they would put a running clock on Centennial and Vero this year or last year, they are heads and tails above both programs, and I say this as a longtime Vero fan. 

Vero and to some extent Centennial and Treasure Coast are very solid programs, but Lakeland is one of a few elite programs in the state, very big difference. 

Let’s be honest this is one of the worst offensive Vero teams Jankowski has had..if the defense didn’t flex there muscle they would have at least 2 losses...I’m not convinced that this years Vero team is better than treasure coast...this is a 2nd rd playoff exit IF they get a home game first round...and for fans of Vero be worried about the offense and defense starters and backups that are seniors!

1 hour ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Let’s be honest this is one of the worst offensive Vero teams Jankowski has had..if the defense didn’t flex there muscle they would have at least 2 losses...I’m not convinced that this years Vero team is better than treasure coast...this is a 2nd rd playoff exit IF they get a home game first round...and for fans of Vero be worried about the offense and defense starters and backups that are seniors!

I think our schedule MIGHT save us but it looks like Chaminade AHD or Viera MIGHT give us a decent seeding maybe 2nd 

What makes Lakeland tough is they have a handful of guys who can create big plays when there really isn't anything there. Centennial may play great defense and Bowman or Arian Smith can still break off a big play. And their ability to score on special teams and defense is significant. They can score 35 points to force the running clock just off punt and kick returns and turnovers. If Centennial is as challenged offensively as it seems, Lakeland will likely have a lot of short fields to work with.

I suppose on the flip side, we could say Garnett has been a rather huge disappointment since coming back from injury. To date, Mason Martin is clearly the better QB of the two. I'm quite concerned that Garnett will end up being like Kevaris Thomas, who seemed to have loads of potential but played very hesitantly and without rhythm.  

6 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Trading Venice and ft lauderdale for Port St. Lucie should give them an extra W but hurts seeding points

The PSL game was a fill in due to the hurricane, I’m sure Vero would have rather played Venice, but PSL was the the only team with a shared bye week willing to play Vero that week, won’t help much with seeding, but at least the kids will get tape for recruiting...